un-randomize explosion spell timer

i'd say terribly low dexer damage is more concerning tbh.

As it stands, in group pvp, mages are way too powerful, with dexer output being pitiful, along with explode pot damage.

I like hybrids damage system, although there are plenty of automated macros going on there even with just UOSteam

agauo

Master

As it stands, in group pvp, mages are way too powerful, with dexer output being pitiful, along with explode pot damage.

I like hybrids damage system, although there are plenty of automated macros going on there even with just UOSteam

So make a buff dexxer suggestion thread and stay out of mine, thanks!

Mages obviously have a higher skillcap than a dexxer. If you took a bad mage and a bad dexxer the dexxer would win. If you took a mediocre dexxer and a mediocre the dexxer would probably still win. If you took a one of the best mages and a one of the best dexxers the mage would probably win.

This shard needs a good dexxer to show how much you don't need a buff.

halygon

Grandmaster

So make a buff dexxer suggestion thread and stay out of mine, thanks!

Mages obviously have a higher skillcap than a dexxer. If you took a bad mage and a bad dexxer the dexxer would win. If you took a mediocre dexxer and a mediocre the dexxer would probably still win. If you took a one of the best mages and a one of the best dexxers the mage would probably win.

This shard needs a good dexxer to show how much you don't need a buff.
There's not a problem with dexxor damage -- only the armor AR needs to be massaged a bit more I think to get to the sweet spot. I guarantee that a good dexxor will wipe the floor with most mages in the pit as it stands right now.

Krathzilla

Neophyte
Does anyone know exactly why the explosion timer is randomized? @Shane?
I don't know Shane, but I bet the reasoning was to try and stop macro perfect combos. I don't care near as much about the delay on explosion as I do on the spell recovery on the server. Spell recovery imo should be tweaked a bit casting small spells together to disrupt and poison just feels clunky.

Don Key

Master
Thanks for the response.

But why is 2handed spear + purple pot tossing allowed? I would say the interruption with purples and the DoT effect make surviving ganks harder that the timing of the explode spell.

I don't think it helps that much in my opinion. If you are able to get gheal up, you could have already recalled.

K A Z

Grandmaster
The idea behind it is to allow solo pvpers to survive ganks.

makes little to no sense to meeee... if its 1v2 they'll poison/fs you anyways ---> little to no chance of surviving. If its 1v3, you should die. Its just gimping 2v2s etc. i guezzzz...

as for 2-handed-pot-throwing: i think it has been 4 months since i last died 1v1 to a dexxer.. ever since they buffed MB and armour i feel as if its reaaalllyyy hard to die to a dexxer.

BaseJ

Neophyte
im firewalled so dont worry about these changes ^^ have fun on this shard i guess.

I prob won't be far behind... Havn't even talked or seen a staff, but I've been on the shard 2-3 days brought 20-30 "sallos" players with me and about half have been threatened or have been banned.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
The idea behind it is to allow solo pvpers to survive ganks.

You get stunned by 3 mages who are loaded, you're gonna have a bad time....

pls fix armor, it's way too gimped. 7hp Vanq blows are no joke, and even war hammers feel weak vs barbed ar. Maybe also increase exp pot damage as mentioned? You could do a minor tweak to say 20min 25 max. I feel players here almost never solo given the crap damage output on solo play, instead they call their friends and para/stun gank with target macros - woo!

stun exp eb gankers appear to be the most viable template. Change it up as per above so we see more than just a pod of mages stunning and casting explode and ebolt 10,000 times over.