Unable to log in through Steam

Dahee

Apprentice
For the past day or two I've been getting stuck on the Verifying Account screen when logging in through Steam. I have not had this problem with Razor - but I don't care for the way Razor works so I'd rather not be forced to switch over to it. I haven't tried reinstalling or re-downloading yet - is it possible there's something wrong on my end that would be fixed by doing that?

omnom

Grandmaster
Before clicking start, make sure the port is ****. If that is correct, are you using a routing service like lowerping? or wtfast? If so, try changing the route. It sometimes causes problems for me as well.

Dahee

Apprentice
I've checked the port several times, and I don't use a routing service. I guess I'll just try reinstalling and see what happens.

Dahee

Apprentice
I reinstalled it and I'm still having the issue... Forgot to mention that I've tried logging in to other shards and haven't had an issue with any but UOF.

Dahee

Apprentice
Someone suggested that I had the Encryption Required option checked and that that might be the issue. This turned out to be the case. Many thanks to everyone who helped me work this out!