Unbless All Spellbooks

Hunter-

Grandmaster
dexxer equipment - armor 7-10k gun- 3-15k
mage equipment- armor-2k :D

when i am kill strong mage iam have 0 loot :)
bottles can be put in butler(WHY?)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Theres 3 ways to go about this imo.

1) everything unblessed. I don't think this works well with spellbooks because some of them are super expensive.

2) allow blessed weapons and armor? instead of nothing blessed, everything blessed basically. This could be fun, you could have it so crafters could control this market. I'm thinking a mix of 120 blacksmith and 120 inscribe could craft temporary IBDs, making the item blessed for one week but then it breaks and dissappears at the end.

3) just make higher end weapons worth their weight in pvp. I feel like min damages are a tad low in axes, spear min/max could use a tiny tweak, and bows are a little weak against armored targets

The thrust of this suggestion is that mages' weapons aren't taken away when they are killed and looted by a third party or the PK who vanquished them, whereas dexxers' are. Well, that's tough shit, but they're both very different playstyles, one of which requires ammunition (regs) to be effective, and the other doesn't require ammunition, but can be lost. It's down to a tactical decision. Unless, of course, that we can make it so swords can consume use points like pickaxes instead of the way their durability works now! Wouldn't that be great?

Baby Blue

Master
Not sure if serious. The spellbooks have been blessed as long as I can remember and there isn't a single good reason why they shouldn't be blessed. It isn't like we're talking about some overpowered items. You'll need regs to cast spells lol.

Also, if you think it is easier to be a mage, give it a try and play a mage. Getting a new spellbook after every time I die wouldn't make this game any better. It would be just annoying. There's a reason why certain items such as runebooks and spellbooks are blessed. Maybe slayer spellbooks shouldn't be blessed though.

Rafelito

Journeyman
you pvp with a dexer that doesn't use a spell book AT ALL? No wonder you are losing your gear to mages constantly. Either that or you off screen constantly as soon as a spell is loaded.

bane

Master
Not sure if serious. The spellbooks have been blessed as long as I can remember and there isn't a single good reason why they shouldn't be blessed. It isn't like we're talking about some overpowered items. You'll need regs to cast spells lol.

Also, if you think it is easier to be a mage, give it a try and play a mage. Getting a new spellbook after every time I die wouldn't make this game any better. It would be just annoying. There's a reason why certain items such as runebooks and spellbooks are blessed. Maybe slayer spellbooks shouldn't be blessed though.
While I am not an expert on this I believe over time a dexxer (lets say an Axer) with a super slayer weapon will out damage a mage over time with a normal spell book assuming that the target is being tanked by something else. Essentially dexxer wouldn't need to off screen to heal up but the mage would need to meditate up. This would be excluding talismans of course. Not sure if the talismans shift this balance back to the mage though.

Now Duck Face has talked about, at excruciating length, the fact that a meta mage with a slayer spellbook will essentially out damage everything. So would definitely be in favor of slayer spellbooks (even the pay to win ones) either becoming unblessed or having durability. Hell this could be a potential gold sink where repairing the P2W slayer spellbook costs a large amount of gold and it takes a durability hit every time the caster dies or successfully casts a spell.

EDIT: By the way I know this will never happen. I am not delusional but a fella can dream right?

Weland

Grandmaster
Cost per attack:

Dexxer: 0
Mage: 10 -20 gold

Dexer weapon about 1 to 3k unless you are rolling strong

Mage 25 of each reg 600 (@3g per reg) (1000 @ 5g per reg)

Your logic that we don't have to carry weapons so it's cheaper is weak.

Also side note: PK logic.......this weapon isn't slayer......

Oh look a bag of regs!

Baby Blue

Master
There's also a difference between slayer weapons and regular spellbooks. While slayer weapons are mostly just pvm weapons, spellbooks are also the most essential pvp item around. In my opinion it should be slayer spellbooks vs. slayer weapons.

lollo

Grandmaster
you pvp with a dexer that doesn't use a spell book AT ALL? No wonder you are losing your gear to mages constantly. Either that or you off screen constantly as soon as a spell is loaded.

Yeah that's exactly what he does. Defense talisman and run into spawn as soon as he drops below 80%. Aka *****, can't play a mage for shit, wants mages nerfed. Makes sense

manolo

Adept
Sure, but in the name of equality I want to craft faction blessed valorite runic spellbooks (exc/vanq/+25 eval) and instakill ppl with magic arrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I've got 2x as many mages as dexers and play them regularly, just a little FYI.

I keep hearing the regs as ammo argument, I'll remind folks that dex'rs typically do use a lot of regs in the form of potions. Most dexrs are going out fully loaded with pots which = regs + bottles.

As far the dono spellbooks/slayer spellbooks, just make them reuseable like dye tubs where you double click them and transform your unblessed spellbook. When you die the spellbook reverts to normal and drops.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This would technically part a mage-thieves butt cheeks so wide that a train could enter, station itself, get a makeover and add three extra carriages. No thanks, my anus is exit only..

Most mages I know that are geared for PvP take potions, especially explos, because they can combo with certain spells for a more immediate drop payoff. Regs are expensive, and if you piss your opponent off enough, they won't let you keep those either.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Heres the balance:

Dexxers are the easiest class to play in UO and are strong as fuck. If you die as a dexxer its because you got greedy OR are complete trash.

Blaze pouch + bandages = you should never die in UO unless you are greedy.
Vanq weapon + purple pots = you should be able to kill anyone 1v1 and 1v2 most likely.