UOF Blues Vs. Reds @ the Glory Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I see random people uniting together is when they are trying to kill my comrade and I after slaughtering and smashing in newbs at champ spawns.

On uoforever in its peak, virtually any time of the day you could go to the north or east of Delucia gates and find blues fighting reds. On both sides, people who weren't guilded would team up and fight against the opposing color.

UOF needs an incentive for such a thing to happen. Thus I bring you the glory hole.

The glory hole is a large rotating region, positioned outside of towns in areas with battlegrounds. In the glory hole there is no stat loss. In fact, there is no stat loss anywhere except for in dungeons. Reds who enter the glory hole are automatically teamed with other reds in the glory hole. Same goes for blues. You cannot perform negative actions on those of the same notoriety.

Each round of glory hole starts an hour and a half after the previous glory hole round finished. To win the round your team needs to do the most damage to the opposing team. Winners get a custom currency of whatever their notoriety (evil/good gold). The custom currency can be spent on a variety of different things, geared towards every player base (crafters/tamers/aesthetic PEOPLE). Every player who participates in the glory hole battle gets a token of participation, which can be used in the weekly castle defense game.

Every five minutes the team currently in the lead is announced globally to every player currently logged in. This gives people an idea about whether they should log into a blue or a red in order to try to provide balance. The greater total damage dealt by both teams increases the overall reward, and a minimum is required per side and per player in order for the currency to be given out.

To enter the weekly castle defense game you need five participation tokens. The event takes place in trammel, so the players must unite together to defend a castle. Using xml spawners, mobs of increasing difficulty approach the castle and the players must slaughter the mobs before they infiltrate the interior. Players who die during the event are teleported out, this encourages teamwork. You need everyone in order to fight the spawn and final boss.

When the castle defense game ends, all participants still alive are given special hued random items of blessed clothing. The hue and bless lasts for a week before it turns back into a normal item.

Say 10 eqms reds roll up to the glory hole and find no one there. Instead of just sitting there and being bored, half of the eqms logs onto blues and then five eqms blues fight five eqms reds. By actually fighting one another they earn a chance at rewards and once the battle is over they can go back to being guide mates. Plus, both sides are then joined by random people that they normally would never fight with. Plus, at the weekly castle defense, everyone shits out their ego and teams up to fight off monster hoardes.

I don't like pvm and I don't like zerging. I like being able to log in and kill some newbs by myself or with my comrade. That's why I have 8 red chars and I can always find a tamer. But it doesn't have to be that way. We could have the glory hole.

This is a ten minute conceptualization so the details could be refined.

@Shane

Last edited by a moderator:

Vorax

Grandmaster
+1 I for one think this is a great idea to group people up, and kind of kill the egos, it would be a good move towards narrowing the gap between the amount of reds to blues in field fights.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Arent you one of the people who jumped ship to the other server? your on the wrong forum buddy.

Yeah Silly Santa has been a member here since launch i think? Almost every player here at one time or another has "checked out" an alternative server over the last nearly 4 years. If i wrote people off as players every time they ventured around to other games and servers we wouldn't have anyone left haha.

This is exactly what people are talking about when they say EQMS is pushing people off the server. I never seen it first hand until this post and you probably don't even realize what you're doing. You would think you'd try not to do that with people you dislike so they PLAY uo forever so you can kill them over/over again.

This is your warning man.

I like the idea by the way and we will look into this for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah @Silly Santa does bring on a lot of the heat. In fact no one would banter if they didn't in some way deserve to get called out.

Anyways keep it on topic, i like this idea.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Yeah @Silly Santa does bring on a lot of the heat. In fact no one would banter if they didn't in some way deserve to get called out.

Anyways keep it on topic, i like this idea.

I like the idea to. I dont like rewards giving out for events though, but maybe its the only way to get public attention for it nowadays..
About what he said about the 2nd stage and have a castle to defend from mobs, i dunno seems kinda pointless.... I still miss and hunger back for the old OSI days, especially as for when i was in Minax and had to defend the old Minax Papua base... instead of defending a castle from mobs, it would be so much nicer to have to defend or attack the old Minax base in Papua from other players..

It would be so awesome if this server manage to accomplish a 30vs 30 battle there, let defenders place a 1000 candlebra's to obstruct attackers, give the defenders some time on where to start, inside or outside the fortress... And if the LJ changes that be implemented on UOF are somewhere near the same as they were on OSI, i sure to play my LJ more in that scenario. I loved the time defending that base on my old LJ/hide char attacking from rear and hide near the walls..
I played on Euro back in the day, and battles like 40vs40 or 50vs50 did happen every week there, it would be awesome is we can get anywhere of these numbers....... Battles like this were so fun they would not need any reward what so ever, it would kinda make my uo circle round :)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Woah did you just solve the "EQMS has no opposition problem?"

EQMS fights eachother all the time, from 2v2, to 5v5, to large team vs team fights in bucs.... we do it for practice but practice gets old, its much more enjoyable to kill your enemies than it is to kill your friends.

Btw -- having no opposition isnt a problem for us... plenty of blues to kill and gold coins to stack up in our banks if theres no groups to fight.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
HEY GUYS, HEY GUYS, how about if us blues make our stand at the Cove mountain pass?
maploc_zpsy8fmtxoi.png

It will be like the stand of the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae!

Thermop56L_zpsen1fxgql.jpg

Now all we need are some allies and some ships off the coast.

thermopuo_zpsdn6vk1ml.png

Status
Not open for further replies.