UOF: Guild Wars?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
This is not intented to be a revamp for factions, rather, this bolsters the ability to have more in depth Guild wars, which helps include crafters and dexies.

At any rate I thought it may be helpful to have some literature on how to properly implement a guildwars system into UO.

Basically, this idea is to allow guilds to place both guild fortresses and guild stones, and thus a setting for various activities.

=============================================================================

1) Fortresses:

* You can place a guild fortress by facing outward at shoreline and double clicking deed. (some restrictions apply)
* Comes with a gate that needs to be broken down to be entered by enemy guilds (guildmates can open it freely)
* Defenders will have a balcony to stand on and attack enemies as they break down the door.
* The attacking guild becomes designated as 'enemy' as soon as any member attacks the other guilds door.
* Doors are best broken by dexies, but summons can do the job (eventually) NO pets
* Pets can not enter a fortress.
* Enemy guilds get currency for their damage in breaking down the door put directly into their bankbox.
* Slaying a designated enemy guild member earns guild currency into the bankbox.
* Owner/Guildmaster can purchase cool trap plans using treasury.(explained later) the plans can then be fulfilled by a crafter in the guild into a deed, which is then placed by the owner. (enemy guilds can disarm/remove trap)
* Inside the fort will have a ''courtyard tree'', which can be slain by enemy guilds to earn bonus guild currency.
* ONLY ONE enemy guild can enter the fort at a time. If player from enemy guild ''a'' steps over the line, enemy guild ''b'' just cant cross over.
* Finally with the courtyard tree slain, the enemy guild leader (only) can say a command to start leeching treasury (explained later) He must stay alive and inside the courtyard during the entire 5 mins else fail the attempt and not get another chance.
* After enemy guilds are done and have exited the fort for a period of 60 mins, the door and tree become full HP again and traps can be laid at this time.
* Each fortress will have an 8 hour period for the guild to designate off duty. During this time, the fort can not be attacked. This period is chosen when the fort is first placed.
* Removing a Fortress will delete all of the treasury and add ons.
* Purchase includes a Fort deed, Guild Stone deed and costs (3+) million. Both are blessed.
* Dimensions are up to staff, I suggest a narrow entrance way at the gate, 4 tiles wide and 10 tiles long, so enemies pets are useless and cant reach CY. Then around 20x20 courtyard with a 10x20 treasury room.

2) Guild Stones:

* needs to be placed by guildmaster in a house he/she owns
* needs to be within 25 tiles of fortress (first place guildstone then fort)
* MEMBER CAP of 10 characters allowed on the stone (for earning treasury/currency) only
* Guildmaster is able to designate a guildwars leader on the stone.

3) Treasury:

As raiding guilds break down doors, cut down trees and raid their enemies stashes, they earn guild currency. A percentage of their earnings is considered and used to build the guilds treasury, held within the fortress.

For example, for every 100 faction currency that a guildwars leader earns, 500 will appear inside the treasury. Compared to any other member where its 1:1 ratio. This is intended to encourage strong leadership, as leaders will be important to the system for other reasons.

Any guild 'top earner' will earn double currency for both themselves and their treasury as well. The guildwars leader is not considered for this bonus.

Only the Leader of a raiding guild will be able to siphon Guild currency out of the defenders treasury, to a maximum of 1% of their total treasury over a period of five minutes. This can only happen once per hour (plus the time it takes to break down the door, kill the tree and siphon the treasury)

The treasury is basically a vendor and is used to purchase traps and other fort upgrades (reinforced doors, rear dock etc) and fort 'themes' (like different walls/floors/statics). Also some very high end items should be available should any guild be dedicated enough to earn them, such as uniforms or even hued mounts.

IF a guild has a rear dock, they have the option to purchase a 'guild ship' which is not the strongest ship nor the fastest. The guild ship is used to further protect the treasury. IF there are any defenders left alive by the time the courtyard tree dies, they can quickly hop onto the guild ship and try to escape with part of the treasury (equaling half of the amount the enemy guild can siphon) If that ship has not been destroyed by the time the siphoning is over, the invaders only steal half of that 1%. This is where guild tamers will come in handy in this system the most.

4) Guildwars vendors

While the treasury is used by itself to purchase fort upgrades and more, player guild members will be able to use their personal currency to purchase various faction items, to be determined by staff for further incentive.

====================================================================

I realize this is extensive.. though I do believe it could benefit UOF greatly to have a PvP based system for all template types.

Placement of a Fortress is similar to placement of IPY player docks. You face outward on a shoreline, double click the deed within 25 tiles of guild stone and it basically gets placed on the ocean near your house.

Any thoughts?

TL;DR: players have a setting for guild vs guild action to take place, and utilize that special ability only UO has to let us be artistic.

EDIT* Raised the number of players per guild to 10 to allow room for dexies for breaking down doors and cutting trees, and faction crafters for repairing fortifications.

EDIT2* Changed concept to Guild Wars from Faction revamp since I believe there may be room for both to exist.

EDIT3* Altered to allow Guild master/mistress to designate a player as guild wars leader using the guildstone. The default guildwars leader will still be the guildmaster when they place it, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
It's basically just a regular guild, but only certain members (up to 10) will be able to be added onto the guild stone.

Those members are then both able to earn special guild currency and also will flag orange to another guild if they attack their door. (only the members of the defending guild stone are flagged)

Alliance members will not be able to be added to another guilds stone either, and each guild can have only one stone.

I am going to edit this though so that the guildmaster can appoint a guildwars leader on the stone, in his/her stead.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i like this idea...

sounds like clash of clans. there should be a cool down between attacks to keep constant back to back attacks from happening. because unless you sit there 24/7, it will eventually be destroyed.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
was originally thinking 1 hour between attacks, with an 8 hour gap of time each day for the guild to rest, starting when you first place the fortress.

So you're able to buy a fortress, place it and then you have an 8 hour grace period to start attacking other guild forts and try to earn some treasury balance by breaking down their doors, slaying their NPC beast/defender in their courtyard, even siphoning some of their treasury as well.

Essentially it gives you a chance to get some traps money etc for fortification before able to be attacked. Then just have a cooldown of say an hour or two before you're able to be attacked again if you get over-ran.

Once the defenders NPC beast is slain, if the attacking leader is alive there is a 5 min timer that gets started, if the leader is kept alive, the attackers siphon 1% of the defenders treasury. At this point, maybe there could be a 2 hour cooldown that gets started, which gives the defenders time to set traps and rebuild the door etc.

I thought that the guilds 'Beast' could start by being a reaper. Of course with maybe 10,000 base hit points. Then treasury could be spent to upgrade it to higher tier Bosses. Of course they can't move, but they can cast spells. Maybe the highest tier of this could even be that giant dragon?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
that's cool man good to hear some feedback like that, I never played DAOC or clash of clans personally, but I have heard good things about DAOC's pvp for sure. I know UO PvP is great because you can really refine your pvp skills, it takes a long time to be good but the more practice you get, the better you become. Guild wars would probably work well here.

crome

Grandmaster
sounds a lot like doac and mortal online to me but yeh sounds pretty cool I think maybe a bit to big of an undertaking as the scripting would be huge for this.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
truth. I think one of the biggest parts of this is both the fort design and then all the styles (walls/floors/static deco themes). What I was originally considering was holding a contest for fort design, giving some emphasis on content quantity. But this is not really at that stage just yet.

Mostly I'm intending for this to be the literature on the mechanics pertaining to a guildwars system to help shave development time and limit problems, just incase there is ever time to implement it.

One mechanic I particularly like about this system is how players are able to decide their downtime, when they can not be attacked for 8 hours. So in a way, euros and north americans can build their own harmony as opposed to always leaving someone out of the action.

Last edited by a moderator: