Vet Res NPC

I am neither a tamer nor do I own any special pets. But this seems to be a nuissance to both player pet-owners and vets on the shard. It's not like anyone who's willing to res a pet is charging for it (I doubt?). The chance to say "I wish to resurrect my pet" to an animal trainer NPC, with cost being scripted and dependant on the power or type of pet, would probably save a lot of time for players. It's kind of sad watching some guy at brit bank walking around for 30 minutes begging for a vet to res their pet dragon. Why they don't have Vet, I don't know. Still would be a cool shard feature that doesn't really affect anything and adds a slight money drain. Things like dragons could be quite expensive, since they're such good money-makers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nurayia

Expert
It would be great for the occassional melee/crafter/whatnot who care for their bonded mount which has been slain by the nasty ore elemental or lich... so yeah, definately +1! Make it cheap for horsies :D

Something similar to a repair deed but for vet would be an idea.

The only problem, or difference between this and an NPC is an NPC could be scripted to charge depending on the NPC, while a deed would be pay once, res anything. That's the advantage of the NPC, shard-economy and balance-wise.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I like either of those ideas. While it could be interesting to have variable rates (newbies losing their horses vs tamers losing dragons) I do feel like for simplicity's sake a one price res's all would be the easiest for staff to implement.

Look, staff has obviously been spreading themselves thin lately. It's pretty obvious when you see that they haven't been able to roll out all the content they wanted to and have been scrambling for counsellors, juggling events, and fixing existing problems. Any suggestions like this that are practical and reasonable to implement need to be as simple as possible until things calm back down.

Like I said I like either suggestion. Hopefully it will be convenient for staff to work on.

I am neither a tamer nor do I own any special pets. But this seems to be a nuissance to both player pet-owners and vets on the shard. It's not like anyone who's willing to res a pet is charging for it (I doubt?). The chance to say "I wish to resurrect my pet" to an animal trainer NPC, with cost being scripted and dependant on the power or type of pet, would probably save a lot of time for players. It's kind of sad watching some guy at brit bank walking around for 30 minutes begging for a vet to res their pet dragon. Why they don't have Vet, I don't know. Still would be a cool shard feature that doesn't really affect anything and adds a slight money drain. Things like dragons could be quite expensive, since they're such good money-makers.

agree, it would be good to let NPC healers who heal also pets!!!

Seleucid

Neophyte
agree, it would be good to let NPC healers who heal also pets!!!
I left my pet at the vendors hoping a good soul would rez him when I get back. Begging people to rez pet does not seem to be good idea around here. NPC's for a charge should be able to rez they teach vet anyhows do they?

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
I think the resurrect spell should work on bonded pets... player casted, or npc..

So if you run past a wandering healer, they can rez your pet..

It's stupid that only veterinary can rez pets.

Seleucid

Neophyte
I think the resurrect spell should work on bonded pets... player casted, or npc..

So if you run past a wandering healer, they can rez your pet..

It's stupid that only veterinary can rez pets.
Thriftyuoplayer I tried to go to the secrect vendor location in moonglow but could not find it I really need much of your stuff. Please help me out if the shop is closed. thanks.

Seleucid
An old player who decided to come back.

Lexington

Grandmaster

Great idea... been brought up before. What I don't understand is the need for everything to be a money drain? It's not like the shard is liquid rich.. take a look at the item depreciation all over the place.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Not sure if i like it.
It would make me wanna drop vet on my tamer template.
Im not one of those guys that uses an alternate char just to res the pets for my tamer..It would open up new tamer templates.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I definitely like the idea. But yea, like LSD said it could be a dbl edged sword by opening the door for tamers such as myself to drop vet skill for 100 pts to put somewhere else and would make tamer even more powerful. But at same time Vet skill isnt only used for rezing. It is a great skill to have. I'd rather heal pets with bandages then just magery. So maybe that may keep dropping vet skill in check.