VIP Status

Shane,

I came from DDO online, and it was free to play, though it had an option for VIP status. With this VIP status you paid like 15 a month and got extra character slots, you got DDO points to spend in the store and access to new content in the game without having to pay for it.

I love this shard and don't want it to go away and thought that something like this would bring in steady income to the shard. Instead of DDO points you could give a set of donation coins to VIP members and grant the an extra character slot or two. Though with DDO if you canceled your VIP status you lost access to your extra characters(helps with people getting VIP just for the extra characters then turning off the VIP status)

I would so pay 15 a month to help out the shard, and for a few perks in the game here and there. Not sure if this would piss off long time players or not just an idea.

parsnip

Grandmaster
Not sure about the VIP bit but having an option for regular payments definitely makes sense. You can already buy an extra character slot and can use up to three accounts.

Not sure about the VIP bit but having an option for regular payments definitely makes sense. You can already buy an extra character slot and can use up to three accounts.
Just a title for the option for monthly payments. You could call it anything really. Why I said something about character slots is because they are 1mil a piece and that is pretty steep for new players. I have three accounts and 3 per and still would love a few more but all my gold goes to building skill. :p

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Shane,

I came from DDO online, and it was free to play, though it had an option for VIP status. With this VIP status you paid like 15 a month and got extra character slots, you got DDO points to spend in the store and access to new content in the game without having to pay for it.

I love this shard and don't want it to go away and thought that something like this would bring in steady income to the shard. Instead of DDO points you could give a set of donation coins to VIP members and grant the an extra character slot or two. Though with DDO if you canceled your VIP status you lost access to your extra characters(helps with people getting VIP just for the extra characters then turning off the VIP status)

I would so pay 15 a month to help out the shard, and for a few perks in the game here and there. Not sure if this would piss off long time players or not just an idea.
You could just donate $15 each month for a gift of 1.5k dono coins..

I am not sure how this would affect the devs business/legality workings--technically, no one pays to play here. Coins are gifts and the players drive the economy based on that value.

VIP subscriptions could be trouble is all I'm saying.

*shrugs*

DDO is free to play as well, and they have a membership that is VIP status. I know that there are dry counties in Texas that cannot sale liquor but at restaurants you can get memberships that bypass that. So just like DDO can have a VIP status and receive money monthly I am sure it could happen here.

Yes I could just spend 15 a month on dono coins, but I wouldn't remember every month or when I have to many dono coins I would just quit paying every month for them. That is why I suggested an extra character slot for VIP members and special perks for VIP members like starting out with more points at shard ran events, or bypass first round of tournaments. IDK they are just ideas thrown out on the suggestion part of the forums.

Though I am sure you would have people crying and screaming over some of these ideas. I like the shard and didn't know how steady the income for this shard is and don't want it to go away. So thought I would throw an idea that could help Shane get some steady money to help support the Shards needs.

But in the end I was just throwing an idea out to Shane.