Vorpal bunnies

Messremb

Grandmaster
These used to drop skill scrolls at a super high rate so they got nerfed
And from what I hear it was a good thing, they had almost a 100% drop rate. But this is a classic case of an over Nerf. Just like they did to pet stat loss at first. Maybe they could add back SSs again but at like 10-20% drop rate. Or maybe the 2k gold they dropped on osi. It takes forever to farm green thorns and the only thing they are good for right now is vines...

Bromista

Grandmaster
I remember when the bunnies were nerfed...

Guy was selling green thorns on forums talking about how great they were and shot himself in the foot. I think out of the 25 thorns that I bought I got 22 SS which is insane.

That guy should have never blabbed and farmed vorpals all day every day with a drop rate like that.

But ya, they didn't need to be nerfed into oblivion. Maybe leave the carrot, eggs, and add a 60% chance for a relic/dragon egg?

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Why not give them a high SS drop rate, but make the rabbits themselves extremely rare? Scatter them all over the world. This way they stay in the game in the name of classic UO, but they find a new sort of purpose for UOF. Maybe cut taming SS from the drop table if devs are stingy. High drop rate for SS -- and a chance to drop its own statue -- would be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's this kind of mentality that can ruin the shard for everyone
Lol pipe down. It would have been in his best interest, not the shards.

It's called inference, learn about it Wreckognize AKA guy who exploited the fuck out of the donation/gold sink vendors.

I know first hand as to the ridiculousness of vorpals. We used to farm them non stop. 100% SS drop rate plus a few 100 gps prior to the nerf. You can get the thorns at such a high rate and so easily we would have thousands at a time. I know that most players retained those thorns in hopes that they would change loot tables. This is why I think they shouldn't mess with loot tables unless they server wipe thorns and possibly make them more difficult to get or make the vorpals very powerful and difficult to kill depending on the loot table change. They could spawn at a much lower rate on the plants possibly. You would get 8 per plant and have an 18x18 floor full of them the only plight of the day was once a day you had to stop at each plant and give it a pot or two. Make a dirt plot and plant them in your own safe plot. No longer allow them to be planted in houses. Basically just changing the loot tables for vorpals is actually quite complicated at this point.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I know first hand as to the ridiculousness of vorpals. We used to farm them non stop. 100% SS drop rate plus a few 100 gps prior to the nerf. You can get the thorns at such a high rate and so easily we would have thousands at a time. I know that most players retained those thorns in hopes that they would change loot tables. This is why I think they shouldn't mess with loot tables unless they server wipe thorns and possibly make them more difficult to get. They could spawn at a much lower rate on the plants possibly. You would get 8 per plant and have an 18x18 floor full of them the only plight of the day was once a day you had to stop at each plant and give it a pot or two. Make a dirt plot and plant them in your own safe plot. Or make the vorpals very powerful and difficult to kill. No longer allow them to be planted in houses. Basically just changing the loot tables for vorpals is actually quite complicated at this point.
The amount of thorns already out there really doesn't matter. Those people put in three time and resources to farm those thorns. Taking care of 100 plants is a pain in the ass and takes about 30min to an hour to take care of.

I didn't know about doing them in houses. That should be fixed as that's pretty lame. But other than that I see no treason the can't have something of value added to their lot table. (gold, SSs, rares, high magic items rate, PSs and relics/jk)

I have past guild members who had over 5k each when the nerf happened. I have over a few thousand stored somewhere in my house. I know the plight of maintaining green snake plants trust me, its all we used to do. We didn't bother farming in dungeons at the time. We just logged on, clicked a few buttons 1 time a day on 100 plants was well worth the reward of endless free mode farming we would get eventually. Please by all means add to the loot tables been savin these for a rainy day.