Wand Update

jkg8787

Master
eppy-Today at 12:57 AM
"i took out heal wands
and fixed the offensive ones"

Also wands will be Militia Only and Reds in militia are restricted from using.

Will be live on test soon apparently.

Any thoughts?

Personally I'd be more interested in keeping Heal/Gheal wands but making any of numerous changes (ie streamline both types into one "heal" wand that heals for less, make GHeals heal less, add a cooldown, add a timer, or other things) but don't particularly care that much. Just seems that wands had a natural balance of Offense and Defense and now it will be Offense only but don't think this is the end of the world or anything.

jkg8787

Master
drasked - Today at 1:16 AM
casting a spell on yourself/someone will put wands on cooldown
eppy - Today at 1:16 AM
basically they will work to chase someone down
with pots

kolbycrouch

Master
I don't like that no heal wand is implemented.

There should be an offensive and defensive that have roughly the same numbers.

It should be about how you use it. Spell combos other than explosion should work with wands.

Having no heal wand whatsoever, but having an offensive only encourages more grouping up.

jkg8787

Master
I don't like that no heal wand is implemented.

There should be an offensive and defensive that have roughly the same numbers.

It should be about how you use it. Spell combos other than explosion should work with wands.

Having no heal wand whatsoever, but having an offensive only encourages more grouping up.
mostly agree. i think its easy to imagine yourself in a scenario where youre on bad end, but also have to think "well what if reverse happened and im chasing a guy whos low and finish him with a wand" easy to see how that could also be beneficial to you to have offense only and your opponent not.

that said I am generally in favor of a "balance" which means if there is an offensive portion there should be a defensive counter

kolbycrouch

Master
mostly agree. i think its easy to imagine yourself in a scenario where youre on bad end, but also have to think "well what if reverse happened and im chasing a guy whos low and finish him with a wand" easy to see how that could also be beneficial to you to have offense only and your opponent not.

that said I am generally in favor of a "balance" which means if there is an offensive portion there should be a defensive counter
Since I'm always solo. The situation where I have a costly light-wand and run into 5+ people with light-wands.

Does nothing for me then, except it's a lot more likely for me to die, and I have more to lose.

Lord and Savior

Apprentice
What the fuck.. no heal wands?
Please someone explain the logic in this. Is someone putting on a blindfold and throwing a dart at a board full of shit options?

jkg8787

Master
Please someone explain the logic in this. Is someone putting on a blindfold and throwing a dart at a board full of shit options?
Something about not being able to create a system where Reds cant use heals or something. tbh theres so many changes that i was having trouble keeping up.

i think it was that if heal wands were "militia only" and currently reds are allowed to join militia then you end up with same issue as before where Red-Militias are PKing Non-Militia-Blues and allowed to use heal wands.

So i think eppy just decided to "remove" heal wands entirely to avoid the whole thing.

Could be wrong, but that was my impression

girana

Grandmaster

the logic behind this is that wands should not tools for the 0.5% to slaughter the avg player. Explo pots are already pain enough for them.

the 2nd option would be allow wands for all but make them only useable in nocut + guardzone.

@eppy may can confirm this ;).

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I'm having trouble keeping up with all these changes

Why must this wand issue be so complicated? let wands be used by everyone

Last edited:

girana

Grandmaster
Just add wands for everyone, don't let them be syncable with explos, keep a cool down, make them less of a rarity.

There. Case closed.

wands for everyone is no option.

you cant have reds chasing down the avg player with wands that would remove 70% of the player base in 2 weeks.

jkg8787

Master
I feel like 70% is too high but agree that changes like that would probably result in players leaving and also lots of complaints until its ultimately changed back. Kind of a shame that we're held hostage by Non PvPers in terms of making PvP changes, but that's the reality of playing a 20 year old game.

We're not about to have an influx of new players any time soon so the focus has to be on player retention rather than player growth it seems.

girana

Grandmaster
We're not about to have an influx of new players any time soon so the focus has to be on player retention rather than player growth it seems.

there are alot new players.
there basicly 6 big guilds with 3 of them mostly players that on uof for less than 12months
not counting all the other players.

Kind of a shame that we're held hostage by Non PvPers in terms of making PvP changes, but that's the reality of playing a 20 year old game.

there can be done alot pvp changes just keep them inside the pvp system.
like you guys dont want the pve stuff into pvp system.

Make Bandages +2 sec for ppl in militas.
Make Firehorns/Wands/Bolas only work while any nocut area + any guardzone.

Make any other PvP related change stick to milituas.