Wand Update

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You know, these forums are like a merry-go-round. Each chair represents a sitting point in time and it seems that every year the same ole' tick in history relives itself. The same old stuff is discussed, the same old lengthy posts and the same old outcome. This gets changed and a portion of the population lose their mind, another portion of change and another group lose their mind. Hasn't anyone stopped to think that the issue is down to over-customisation of core features which is the culprit in all of this? Taking lessons from history, each and every upgrade to the OSI servers created new and irreparable damage until most of what made Ultima Online so great, disappeared into the memories of its players, I mean this is the main reason we still play UO, the love of the game and a fix to our nostalgic needs. Look at the issues of when Meta-pets were introduced and are still ongoing. Talismans, great idea but leans more towards a different game completely. The old saying goes that if something is not broken, then do not try and fix it, you might be able to garner interest for a while but eventually, new things have a pretty nasty way of coming back and saying "I was a good idea, yet I had other motives"

New additions *wands are not a new idea by the way* also impact the economy somewhat, the faster you can kill a monster, the quicker your gold increases. The more gold in the economy, the more inflation increases, so perhaps instead of trying to fatten the server with content which impacts on the spirit of the game, relearn old lessons that could have prevented the ultimate penetration of UO in the first place.

But..But..But... It would get boring without all of our jazz... Yes, UO got boring the same way back then, but strangely that was only temporary and obviously we went back to playing after a break, when all of the crap was implemented, the game turned into WOW lite and lost its spirit.

This was never just about wands, in my opinion anyway, this goes much deeper than that and lessons need to be learned if the experience that we all loved and enjoyed can return with any real meaning.

StegcO

Grandmaster
When UO gameplay was in need of a shake in official server slowly they added all the shit we hate and that's why we are here.

That's why I dont want UOF make the same error adding wands and bolas :(

At least wands ca be added only in ThePit so the top3 world pvpers can use wands to kill themself without endless fight.