What is your favorite in-game city or "hometown"?

SLAYER

Neophyte
Got a favorite city that you've always gone back to each time you play Ultima Online?

Is it the one you first started playing in and just never changed? Or the friend who got you into the game would moongate you there and you just went along with it? Maybe you chose one to be your base of operations because of the type of stores it has for restocking the main character templates you play or for the proximity to the bank.

My hometown has always been Jhelom since I started playing. I think the major reason is because of the close graveyard to the bank so that I could gain gold easily + run away from PK's back to guardzone. I also enjoyed slaughtering farm animals en masse through the teleporter. The warrior training-ground theme the whole city has with the duel pit is cool and I also like island/jungle areas in general.

Post down below explaining why or how you chose your in-game hometown!

300px-Uocharter-map.jpg

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Minoc, was just the first place I started playing...I have fond memories of trying to make money by mining but loosing my ingots to reds. Also people blocking the bridge and charging a fee to cross.

The good days of dial up...

Jager

Grandmaster
Minoc, was just the first place I started playing...I have fond memories of trying to make money by mining but loosing my ingots to reds. Also people blocking the bridge and charging a fee to cross.

The good days of dial up...
My first day I also started in Minoc with a tamer archer cuz I thought that would be cool. Took me a few.hours but I found my way to brit with my first pet. A wolf. Tried to sell it to first person I saw at brit blacksmith and he laughed at me and called me a newb. I said what's a newb?. And that started my newb struggles 18 years ago. Other than Minoc though I enjoy Moonglow.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Athrez

Grandmaster
Minoc was my first town I started with. I used to spend hours and days mining in minoc caves to get some ingots and sell them to the players. That is how I managed to obtain my first house. :D I also used to craft in the tailors shop a lot. The nostalgia when I turn my UO musics on and go in certain towns is pretty big. Minoc is one of those. How ever I can't really name my favorite town.. But I can name 3 in no specific order! They are; Moonglow, Britain & Minoc.

Aftermath

Neophyte
Vesper! The music, the beach. What's not to love? My fondest pre-pvp memories are trying to kill orcs and orcish mages on the beach. If my friends were on, we'd run north to Covetous and kill harpies. Great times.

I also remember the first run we made from Vesper to Minoc (east side) in Fel. Terrifying!

My goal on this server is to get a house reasonably close to Vesper, once I can afford one and get out of Young status.

Jax Monroe

Master
Minoc was the first city I played in a lot on OSI. So that will always be a special place. Otherwise I'm all about Trinsic and Serpent's Hold.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Yew. Yew was the place where I met my thief mentor and his little bit on the side. Maybe one day my sensei Po, we will meet again.

Delucia also, always was a thiefy location.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Minoc; first character I made in T2A was a smith on Catskills.

One of the funniest moments was when a few reds bust in and started attacking the miners, but then a bunch of blues charged in and sealed off the mine exit with Stone Wall.

At which point the miners revolted and slaughtered the reds (with blue help); tough to get a spell off with 30+ picks swinging at your face. haha

Vesper is my home though. The music of Vesper (especially T2A) was amazing, and it's where me and friends would always meet-up before trying to take Covetous. Never ended well because murderers would charge in with deamons and our wooden shields didn't do much.

Serpent's Hold was hard to get to back then, but again, the music was great.

I find it kind of funny we all happen to be picking the same towns.

Woodsman

Expert
Moonglow its a small town easy to get everything you need even when on foot and even after 10 years you always remember what shops are where. All in all moonglow has been a good home for me

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I used to be all about Skara. I liked its simplicity and closeness of everything. It was there all the cool kids, aka role players, hang on Cats.

Now, it's Trinsic of course!
When I first came to this shard, I just happened to go into Trinsic and found a great place for a house way before the guild Trin was even dreamed about.