What the F*CK is with the fizzling today?

Jason

Adept
I always remain full with my thirst quenched. I generally fizzle 4-5 times in a row before getting off my EV. Every now and then I get some off back to back. I am ok with this.

Today however has been HELL. Im guessing my average fizzle to cast ratio is 9:1. On two occasions today I fizzled 14 times in a row!

What the hell is going on? This is absurd.

Adramelech

Master
Do what I did and take up inscription. Gives a nice boost to defensive spells and you can make a ton of EV scrolls and you are almost guaranteed a cast when you really need it.

Jason

Adept
I appreciate the advice to go Inscribe and use scrolls, but that isn't a fix to the fizzling. I can deal with the way 8th circle fizzes on this shard. What I cant deal with is fizzling 9 out of every 10 casts, today. It just started today. I've been farming for 6 hours and It's still happening.

Are you remembering to eat two bananas, an apple, and a ham every two hours? If this doesn't work, you need to throw salt over your shoulder while knocking on mahogany wood during the waning gibbous.

I hope this helps.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
MASS EV SCROLLS available 50 for 5k on the yew bank mall library! It takes 2 EV scrolls to kill 1 Pyroclastic elemental, which nets 1500 gold lol.

EV scrolls are a pure mages best friend! Not to mention the mechanics for EV's on UOF are the best in UO history!!

Fuck eating and drinking -- buy scrolls from the yew bank mall today!

Click the image below to see where to find the vendor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If u fizzle ur spell it does not increase the chance of ur next attempt. Saying: theoretically u could fizzle 20 times in a row or more. Its just bad luck.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

wreckognize

Grandmaster
yeah, it would be cool if the next attempts got a slight bonus to chance until successful.

BUT UNTIL THEN !

check Yew Bank Mall for such 8th circle scrolls as EV and Summon Deamon! Very reasonable pricing!

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I noticed this same exact thing the other day so glad to see I'm not alone. It literally took 10 tries to cast an ev with GM mage. It's not food, water, etc. Something changed, OP is right.

Darktrix

Expert
Agreed here, i havnt been on a server that fizzles so much with GM Magery, 4 - 5 times on a bad run sure, but like you i had several occasions yesterday that were 10+ fizzles before cast.. Sorry but a GM mage should not fizzle 8th circle spells that frequently.

Especially when you compare to a GM dexxer/Archer/ Provoker, never missed more than 5 times in a row with my dexxer or archer or provoker. Tamers instant cast with no failure to their command to kill. So realisticly looking at balancing mages shouldnt fizzle anywhere near as much as they are!

Qualtar

Master
Its juts bad luck man. At gm mage 8th circle is 50% chance of success. At 7th 85% chance 6th circle 100%. Its just the deal.

Hogan

Novice
i've noticed fizzling 7th circle spells a bit more frequently recently as well. consistantly enough it made me think something changed.