What was the purpose of making explosion potions hit allies?

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I like it! Orcs tu dum tu toss potz enwayz!

Now just get red of that silly red aggro thing please... or at least make it so that spawn already engaged with a player doesn't turn and insta target reds

I like the exp pot change, I have yet to kill a fellow guild member, but I've redlined some, along with been redlined myself.

It's nice for something different.

The red mob shit is ******** - it's the wrong change to stop zergs, as it hurts the honorable solo players more than anyone.

If you want to stop bad players from 10v1ing blues, finish that custom client off and remove target closest = problem solved over night (i.e no more 1 button spell closest rails).

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Since everyone seems to be chiming in about the mob agro on reds thing in this thread, I'll add my 2 cents as well:

It's stupid, remove it. I don't even really play a red that much either. I'm mostly on the other end (people attempting to PK me while I'm pvming). I don't know if the change was put in to try to counter-balance the fact that many reds have those stupid ass defense talismans that make you invincible to mobs, or if it was to try to get more PKs to actually grind a defense talisman for the huge benefits it provides in dungeon pking, but as someone else said, it hurts solo pks, especially if they don't have countless hours and millions of gold to spend grinding up a stupid talisman to make them invincible to mobs.

What I would also suggest though is removing this stupid fucking insta firebreath from dragons that have aggro'd someone in the past few minutes. So fucking annoying being chased by PKs and dying just because, oops, I ran past a dragon or two for a brief second and it firebreathed me for 40 damage from 4 screens away.

Last edited:

Josh D

Grandmaster
How many of you have been greatly impacted by this change that occured months ago?

I think the damage factor is fine, its a fair punishment for a mis-thrown pot to damage your allies near you. But having allies (pets too) aggro you is pretty dumb, I think that needs changing.
Again, I only know how to target closest and I only have EB in my custom EQMS issue spell book, but I have been stunned by teammates several times since this was implemented. Archersnon has since banned purple potions from being stocked on the guild butler....So yeah, this has had a big impact.

P.S. I don't think the Red aggro thing punishes zergs at all, just solo pks.