What's the best (FREE) program that lets you post pics here?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I couldn't remember my photobucket pass! I think it was sketeg that recommended puush.

However, I was talking to Shane in irc the other day. He was showing me the instant gif creator included with gyazo and I gotta say...holy shitballs. I might be converting soon :p

I won't have much application for it, but it looks pretty quick and easy to use.

Mercedies

Grandmaster
I had to create a second account when I came back to uo. I wish I had my original account :(
So much epicness from osi was lost forever with that account.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Lightshot or Gyazo is what we use mostly.

Hit print screen and it auto uploads to the net in a random URL
You can right click the screenshot it uploads, then grab the direct link and paste it into the forums here as an image right from lightshot website which is from imgur...

Lexington

Grandmaster
So I've tried a few of these programs now but I can't seem to get the image to post as an image. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? I've tried what Shane suggested below and posted the URL link into the form add image tab but it never works... so I usually end up just posting the URL link as text.

Lightshot or Gyazo is what we use mostly.

Hit print screen and it auto uploads to the net in a random URL
You can right click the screenshot it uploads, then grab the direct link and paste it into the forums here as an image right from lightshot website which is from imgur...

Lexington

Grandmaster
img

WOOT WOOT!!!

Not sure why it didn't work before but thanks for the help... again!

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
i can't move on from photobucket...
even if it's got too many advertisements now. :(
yah it is prolly the shittiest one now with all the different insane banners and shit. The app isnt much better either. I made an imgur account a year or so ago and stll only use photobucket.

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
yah it is prolly the shittiest one now with all the different insane banners and shit. The app isnt much better either. I made an imgur account a year or so ago and stll only use photobucket.
Banners? You need AdBlock.

A lot of people here should just use the snipping tool. You can crop your pic as you take it and upload it to any free image host.

Want more control? Get Gimp.