Whats your Favorite UO Memory?

halygon

Grandmaster
I have tons of memorable times in UO on UOF and just UO in general. Here is one of mine:

My guild was a pretty hated guild and we made the most out of it. One time I had nothing to do, so my buddy suggested that we try to stir up some action. We were at the safe zone and there were probably 10-15 oranges floating around doing nothing either. My buddy told me to just follow him for a suicide run. We rushed out and sure enough, all of the oranges did too. We led them off into some thick spawn and turned to fight them. We took out a good 3-4 before I went down and my buddy took out 2 more before he did. It was hilarious because the spawn killed all the rest of them. So here we all are as ghosts, running back to get to the healer first. No other players saw it but nearly 20 ghosts running at top speed was a funny sight - not to mention we trash talked them the whole way and boy were they mad.

What are YOUR favorite UO memories?

Rendex

Expert
So I had just bought the game and logged into the Pacific server. I created a crafter in Minoc and proceeded to journey to the Minoc mines to earn my fortunes. I meet a really nice guy on the second level of the mines who offers to give me 200 ore to help me get started. What a nice guy!

He trades me the ore and then immediately starts to destroy me with his sword. I am trying to run away but I cannot because I'm encumbered. He kills me, takes back the ore and all my stuff. I'm sitting there in shock and awe, THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Soooooo many good memories!

I remember there was a good amount of time where I'd play test center more than the actual shard (catskills). Back then the test center would reset every week. I'd login the first day and immediately place a house at Brit graveyard, which is where all the action used to be. Sooo much action all the time, and having a house at the center of it was the best. Good times!

Hamaly

Journeyman
I was completely new to the game on Atlantic server. I make this character and find a road and just start walking, looking at regs on the ground, looking through skills, trying stuff out. I find the hiding skill JUST as a red comes strolling up the road. Miracle of miracles it hides me. I'm thinking, "Man, hope that worked in time." She's on a night mare, all decked out in black. She looked so cool. She walks right up and reveals me. She asks me, "Got any reasons why I shouldn't just kill you and take your stuff?". I answer back, "Well I JUST made this char, so I literally have nothing. Also, I'm hilarious! Ba Dump Bump *tsss*." And I wait. She laughs. She tells me to stay off the roads, have fun and she's gonna kill me net time she sees me. And keeps on walking. Not a lot to it, but I always laugh remembering.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
The day came when Trammel had arrived, citizens who were clean of heart decided to migrate over to the new land, their hearts filled with joy and their dreams of becoming invulnerable to all player disruption, closer than ever. The popular locations such as banks were bursting at the seams, people were at long last free of the tyranny that we all know and love as Fellucia, or so they had thought.

It was always going to happen of course, a few enterprising individuals discovered the tiniest of fractures amongst the impervious to all things despicable, a minute hole which allowed the forces of vileness to creep through and infect the very essence of this so-called land of tranquillity.

The day was like any other in the new world, warriors of all calibre bestowed their military style forms of destruction upon the now, unprotected wilds, demons and their kin fell to the blade, dungeons of all planes of evil were cleared while adventurers and fortune-seekers alike squabbled over their claim to fame. One place in particular had always been a popular spot, famed for its magical weapons and gold this place would be known as Terrathan Keep or more particularly, the walkway leading to the temple above ground. Many terrathans of all species gathered here to protect their inner sanctum, some extremely deadly with their potent poisons, others with their destructive Magery. It was here that a lone warrior decided to up his ante and face off with a Terrathan Matriach. The battle proceeded for a while but slowly moved in favour for the Matriarch. The warrior was completely unaware however, that he was being watched from the shadows, a thief of all people was crouched on a platform of dirt and grass, next to a tree observing.

It was not long before the warrior fell, his body practically vaporised by a flame strike which landed late in the battle, his lifeless corpse smouldering on the floor. The Matriarch, decided to rummage through the warriors corpse and snatched a few items, which allowed the thief to hatch a plan and take down the already weakened creature. After a short battle and a few heals later, the Matriarch fell and her loot was available. The thief checked the loot and noticed some bandages and a piece of armour freshly looted from the warrior, it wasn't the best score in the world, but it was loot and was loot from Trammel which was always a bonus. A few minutes went by and the warriors corpse decayed into bones, it was then that the magic happened. The thief, decided to see if it was possible to loot player bones in Trammel and to his surprise, he could.

The thief thought oO (I wonder if this could be used to my advantage?)

Wyvern island was a tiny island based in the Lost Lands, an island where Wyverns called home, a creature with a bite that was incredibly toxic and also a new found ally to the thief. With his new found knowledge of bone looting, there was only one thing that it could be used for and that was to be proven at Britain Bank.

A collector of all things shiny advertised his interest in curiosities of all sorts, his passion for the strange and rare was known around Britain Bank in Trammel. He dressed in a full set of Ranger armour, relatively rare in those days and completely un-blessed. The thief, knew about the rares collector and more so, how valuable the armour was. A quick disguise later and a discussion between the two commenced. The thief concocted a story where he had rares of all ages at his home based in Yew. The collector was convinced and agreed to follow, thinking he was safe and was about to get his grubby little hands on a steal, boy, was he in for a surprise.

The thief opened a gate to a location on Wyvern island where it was difficult to escape and entered first. The Wyverns there instantly attacked the thief while he was casting the spell to dispel the portal, the collector arrived a few seconds later. The gate was dispelled and the thief teleported to an area with no Wyverns and used the invisibility spell. The Wyverns attention changed to the collector who noticeably became panicked. One of the Wyverns took a bite out of the collectors arm, instantly injected venom and disrupting escape attempts, the other Wyverns soon surrounded the Collector and eventually, he passed away peacefully. The thief opened a gate to an area inside Britain City, away from people but the ghost never entered, he wanted to see what would happen I guess.

A few minutes went by and the corpse decayed into bones, the thief shepherded the Wyverns to another location on the island, used the invisibility spell and stealthily, approached the bones. A full set of Ranger armour, a rare 'rock' and some other things had changed ownership that day, the ghost, Ooooing a little was either amazed or disgusted at this misjudgement on his part, the thief ran over to the ghost, bowed and recalled away, a very successful day in Trammel and a wonderful memory.

Many people lost their belongings on that island over the next few weeks, death gating with false advertisements became taboo and bone looting was also fixed. But hey, Fellucians had the last laugh right?

TLDR:

Best memory, looting ranger armour on wyvern island in Trammel when it was thought impossible.

[e yea

*Grins*

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberty

Grandmaster
"Sometimes, exploration of already trodden paths can reveal mysteries that somehow, are overlooked by the masses that frequently but unknowingly pass them by. The basis of this story begins atop the wonderfully placed sea front bank of Nujel'm.

Skip to the stars ******************************** if you can't be bothered to read a wall of text.

After visiting many weird and wonderful places, one place became a focal point for additional analysis, the wonderful city of Nujel'm. With its secluded nature, rich and powerful inhabitants and a cemetery where the guards are more than happy to intervene, Nujel'm has always been a place of dreams and wonders. One place in particular was and still is the envy of all thieves alike, with its sprawling halls and outfitted for that of an emperor, the palace itself holds vast amounts of swag which somehow is welded down to the surface it sits, even the humble bread loaf requires God like intervention to move. Deep within the folds of the palace rests a vault like no other, untold riches force their alluring nature upon the poor souls that happen to pass this place of despair and to make matters worse, the doors are locked by an unseen force, a sign which screamed "Stay away, nothing to see here!", if only we had listened.

Standing next to the door, a soft whispering noise emanated from within, a call which translated simply into a cry of help. This should have been ample enough warning for us to rethink our strategies, should have been enough for us to walk away without thinking twice of that dreaded place, but of course when you are standing outside of a locked room filled with treasure only one can dream of, what does one or two do? You pray to the Gods for divine intervention of course and plead for them to open the door. A few moments passed, perhaps our plead of greed was unheard, perhaps there was another reason why the door was secured tightly, perha.....The thought hardly had time to leave the emptiness of the brain cavity when a vast flash of lightning blinded both me and my side kick *Grins, sorry*, Liberty and a nova of fire engulfed the entire area. Staring around in disbelief, a few frightened messages passed nervously between the two of us and a fresh change of underwear later, the door opened *Click*.

Like a pair of excited children, we pushed and shoved our way into the now, unlocked vault. Surrounded by wealth which even Famara or Babethoven would find trouble not masturb.......Moving on... There was one minor issue, everything was either to heavy to lift, the same weight as a castle heavy, or welded to the floor. The other issue was the door had mysteriously locked it self. Sitting nearly invisible on a luscious mountain of gold, was a ghost.. a ghost? A GHOST?!?!?!?!?!?!. Running around like a pair of headless chickens, scratching the walls and screaming like a pair of demented harpies it soon became apparent that we would soon have to face our fears. Apprehensively, we pulled ourselves together and crept over to the ghost *the thinking at the time was that if we crept, the ghost would not see us. doh* Standing a few feet away, it was apparent that the ghost was more solid than ethereal, it looked at us, its eyes burning tunnels through our souls but with a catch... The same force welding everything in place had also welded the poor ghost in place.

Greed, the ghost had actually became an object of great importance since one could actually touch it and obviously, economically lucre, but try as we may, the ghost would not budge. An hour passed by, we had searched every corner of the room, looked in every crack ....... for a lever, a button, ANYTHING that would release the mechanism that held our new found prize.. friend.. firmly in place. It was time to get back in touch with the Gods, even risking our own liberty *grin* it just had to be done. A quick prayer later and a few hundred more tugs at the ghost and astonishingly, a God in all his magnificent glory appeared by our sides. Somehow, the God did not see the ghost but after a few rounds of the room the God bumped into it. Our plea for riches fell on deaf ears, the ghost was staying put but interestingly, it had a brother or sister which appeared at a house which fell down due to being neglected.

************************************************************************yawn*************************************************************************

This ladies and gentlemen *lowercase on purpose*, is the end of this story, if you skipped from the top down to here, then in a nutshell, we found an item which was called Ghost. Ghost actually kept us amused for the best part of an hour, nothing better to do, and we even had intervention of the staff. The whole point of this was to elaborate on how the Ghost statue came about, perhaps implemented in a better way to provide as much entertainment as me and Liberty had from it. If you did enjoy reading this and found that the end ended a little abruptly, please accept my heart-felt apologies as this is how we felt about the Ghost and its resurrection upon an IDOC. If you think this was a load of crap, again, I apologize with all my heart but please note, you did not have to read this."

@Darkarna

Darkarna

Grandmaster
"Sometimes, exploration of already trodden paths can reveal mysteries that somehow, are overlooked by the masses that frequently but unknowingly pass them by. The basis of this story begins atop the wonderfully placed sea front bank of Nujel'm.

Skip to the stars ******************************** if you can't be bothered to read a wall of text.

After visiting many weird and wonderful places, one place became a focal point for additional analysis, the wonderful city of Nujel'm. With its secluded nature, rich and powerful inhabitants and a cemetery where the guards are more than happy to intervene, Nujel'm has always been a place of dreams and wonders. One place in particular was and still is the envy of all thieves alike, with its sprawling halls and outfitted for that of an emperor, the palace itself holds vast amounts of swag which somehow is welded down to the surface it sits, even the humble bread loaf requires God like intervention to move. Deep within the folds of the palace rests a vault like no other, untold riches force their alluring nature upon the poor souls that happen to pass this place of despair and to make matters worse, the doors are locked by an unseen force, a sign which screamed "Stay away, nothing to see here!", if only we had listened.

Standing next to the door, a soft whispering noise emanated from within, a call which translated simply into a cry of help. This should have been ample enough warning for us to rethink our strategies, should have been enough for us to walk away without thinking twice of that dreaded place, but of course when you are standing outside of a locked room filled with treasure only one can dream of, what does one or two do? You pray to the Gods for divine intervention of course and plead for them to open the door. A few moments passed, perhaps our plead of greed was unheard, perhaps there was another reason why the door was secured tightly, perha.....The thought hardly had time to leave the emptiness of the brain cavity when a vast flash of lightning blinded both me and my side kick *Grins, sorry*, Liberty and a nova of fire engulfed the entire area. Staring around in disbelief, a few frightened messages passed nervously between the two of us and a fresh change of underwear later, the door opened *Click*.

Like a pair of excited children, we pushed and shoved our way into the now, unlocked vault. Surrounded by wealth which even Famara or Babethoven would find trouble not masturb.......Moving on... There was one minor issue, everything was either to heavy to lift, the same weight as a castle heavy, or welded to the floor. The other issue was the door had mysteriously locked it self. Sitting nearly invisible on a luscious mountain of gold, was a ghost.. a ghost? A GHOST?!?!?!?!?!?!. Running around like a pair of headless chickens, scratching the walls and screaming like a pair of demented harpies it soon became apparent that we would soon have to face our fears. Apprehensively, we pulled ourselves together and crept over to the ghost *the thinking at the time was that if we crept, the ghost would not see us. doh* Standing a few feet away, it was apparent that the ghost was more solid than ethereal, it looked at us, its eyes burning tunnels through our souls but with a catch... The same force welding everything in place had also welded the poor ghost in place.

Greed, the ghost had actually became an object of great importance since one could actually touch it and obviously, economically lucre, but try as we may, the ghost would not budge. An hour passed by, we had searched every corner of the room, looked in every crack ....... for a lever, a button, ANYTHING that would release the mechanism that held our new found prize.. friend.. firmly in place. It was time to get back in touch with the Gods, even risking our own liberty *grin* it just had to be done. A quick prayer later and a few hundred more tugs at the ghost and astonishingly, a God in all his magnificent glory appeared by our sides. Somehow, the God did not see the ghost but after a few rounds of the room the God bumped into it. Our plea for riches fell on deaf ears, the ghost was staying put but interestingly, it had a brother or sister which appeared at a house which fell down due to being neglected.

************************************************************************yawn*************************************************************************

This ladies and gentlemen *lowercase on purpose*, is the end of this story, if you skipped from the top down to here, then in a nutshell, we found an item which was called Ghost. Ghost actually kept us amused for the best part of an hour, nothing better to do, and we even had intervention of the staff. The whole point of this was to elaborate on how the Ghost statue came about, perhaps implemented in a better way to provide as much entertainment as me and Liberty had from it. If you did enjoy reading this and found that the end ended a little abruptly, please accept my heart-felt apologies as this is how we felt about the Ghost and its resurrection upon an IDOC. If you think this was a load of crap, again, I apologize with all my heart but please note, you did not have to read this."

@Darkarna

This was most definitely a fantastic memory also. Can you actually believe we spent that much time in that vault trying to get that bloody ghost statue? Amazing what a game like Ultima Online on a great server can produce, even if we nearly went bald in the process.. Good times indeed.

Liberty

Grandmaster
Not only did we eventually get the statue into existence, but we also got inside a locked door into a treasure room! Anything is possible!

ton loc

Master
Killing 12+ EQMS with an Aussie, a couple pets and a few kegs.

Successfully raiding packed champs with a handful of
guildies.

Any number of suicide runs we've been on, knowing that death is imminent but having fun either way (Even with butthurt nerds insta statting)

Using things I learned from folken to fight against the odds in dungeons.

Using the skele drag in d5 and blood eles in s5 to solo multiple enemies.

Calling intense faction fights that involved actual skill and no eb rails.

And new shit every day. Being in a guild full of people that aren't scared to die in a video game and are willing to fight against the odds is what makes this game fun to me.

Edit: great thread. Sometimes you don't think about all the fun things that happened in a game full of so much constant drama, but when the question is brought up it all comes back.

Easy Cheese

Grandmaster
Getting grounded and my mom taking my UO 2nd Age CD and hiding it thinking I couldn't play without it. Little did she know I did a full install ;).

My first day on uo. My parents played Sanoma and my father decided to put me to work and chop trees for him while they went out to dinner. Of course I got bored/curious and started wondering around. By the time my father got back, his lumberjacker was red. He was so angry while my mother couldn't stop laughing and purchased another account.

It's hard to choose one memory off uof. I hang out with a bunch of awesome and funny people.

My first day on uof, spending the whole time just running around trying to remember how to get to all the towns and dungeons.

Running around with teleport casted during IDOCs when LOLZ was still around.

Gaurd whacking myself many times (and other guild members) with the all Gaurd me command.

Stealth archery pkin for the first time! I felt like a sneaky little ninja ready to POP!!! you in your face!

My buddy and I chasing someone down precasted. The guy stops to fight me and instantly die. We spent a couple minutes trying to wrap our heads around what just happened since the guy didn't cast flame strike and that is what hit me last. Come to find out..... That flame strike was from my good ol trusty buddy.... Journals don't lie bro!!

Can't leave out the first time I saw EQMS Zerg at the Brit bridge. Taffy and I were inside that one building just sitting there watching them run past precasted and running back. Some reason it was exciting and I decided to wait at the entrance. When they ran down, I ran down. But I can't remember if I lived that time or if my guild had my heals for that time lol. I just remember the rush.

I know that's more then one, but I couldn't help myself, I'm Undecisive. ;)

Demons

Neophyte
In far year 2000 i play in my first italian server named "Mediterraneo"..
My noob warrior character killed in 1 vs 1 the GM of our enemy guild after he killed many of my guild.
I Kill it and then reskill it, i bring back the head in GH for revenge :)

halygon

Grandmaster
In far year 2000 i play in my first italian server named "Mediterraneo"..
My noob warrior character killed in 1 vs 1 the GM of our enemy guild after he killed many of my guild.
I Kill it and then reskill it, i bring back the head in GH for revenge :)
Successful revenge kills are always sweet memories.

N

Null

back in 1998, being part of -X- crew on the atlantic server, we were pretty much the most well known guild on the server, good times

aIck

Grandmaster
My fave was recording some footage for me videos. Then realizing I'm wasting time on a 20-year old wizard game. Then realizing realizing I'm wasting time making vids about a 20-year old wizard game. And then realizing I can't stop. And then idk pls somebody free me from the dark

pls somebody wake me up pls im dying help

My fave was recording some footage for me videos. Then realizing I'm wasting time on a 20-year old wizard game. Then realizing realizing I'm wasting time making vids about a 20-year old wizard game. And then realizing I can't stop. And then idk pls somebody free me from the dark

pls somebody wake me up pls im dying help

No way, once you play, your hooked for life. Everyone here will play until they die of old age. All will have enhanced headphones, bigger screens to magnify the game and alarms going off constantly for our next pill.
You are trapped!!!

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
CTFL on Defiance. Matches every sunday, wondering/hoping who will show up and who won't be there - on your team and on the enemy team. Talking strategy. Listening to games in the Nu'jelm pub. RIP DFI.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
4beff591446a71d2402be93c4802e35f.gif

aIck

Grandmaster
No way, once you play, your hooked for life. Everyone here will play until they die of old age. All will have enhanced headphones, bigger screens to magnify the game and alarms going off constantly for our next pill.
You are trapped!!!
I know man.

I'm gonna be making UO vids nobody likes 'til I die