Which Magery Skill for using Recall and Reflect Scrolls?

halv

Grandmaster
Hi folk,

Uoguide is saying you'll need 24% magery minimum for casting a recall spell.
For Magick reflection you'll need 38% to get a minimum chance to cast this spell.
But what happen if I'll use scrolls? The guides are saying the spell two circles lower then your skill will work.

For me that means I need 4% magery to get a small chance to cast recall. For reflect I'll need 18% magery. Did I get it right?

I've got 36% magery and I got already a fizzle with a reflect scroll. Six times of using reflect scrolls got me one fizzled spell.

What skill do I need to cast recall without any fizzle? What skill do I need to got a fair 50/50 chance to cast reflect on my char?

Lightfoot

Expert
At 62 i believe you wont fizzle lvl 4 spells, and you have at least like 50% on the lvl 5. At 62, you can use even lvl 8 scrolls but they will fizzle. However, the 5 and 6 scrolls should be consistent. So you could cast invis scrolls if needed.

Now keep in mind, if you have 0 magery you still have 100% to recall if you charge a runebook and click the orb on the first page. Runebooks allow you to get around with 0 magery and recall scrolls. And if you need something lvl 1-3 you good for those too. Like teleport.
Hope that helps.

halv

Grandmaster
0% gives me a 100% chance for recall? That's awesome. I thought about dropping Magery and hiding for GM Armslore. Because the new benefits from Armslore sounds good. But I really don't get it, what exactly do I get from Armslore?

Thanks for answering my question.

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Young Star

Grandmaster
Arms Lore plus having a talisman equipped raises your minimum hit chance. Feedback that I am hearing has been positive. The effect is noticeable. Eppy didn't give any stats for it though.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I planned to drop my magery as well to 20. I just have to retrain myself to keep recalls stocked. I was also concerned about reflect for pvp. It sounds like I may have to see if I can get to 40 magery to use the reflect scrolls.

halv

Grandmaster
Arms Lore plus having a talisman equipped raises your minimum hit chance. Feedback that I am hearing has been positive. The effect is noticeable. Eppy didn't give any stats for it though.

That's exactly why I want this skill. As an axxer I miss three times before I hit my target once. I miss to much to get a real use of the legendary lumberjacking skill. There is no real other need for armslore without wrestling. But an axxer with talisman will hopefully get more hits.

But now I started thinking about what skill to drop. I only use recall and magic reflection. Actually I've 36% magery and 64% hiding. I thought about dropping this two skills completely. I don't do PvP, but in PvM I use magik reflection a lot against ancient lichs, demons etc. and hiding is actually very usefull for a quick break like a loilet run. With fencing I would say there is no need for armslore, but as an axxer I've got big problem now.

I'm still thinking. ;)

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
The lumberjack damage bonus is capped at 100 skill so you can save 20 points if you downgrade back to GM from legendary.

If you primarily use magery for recall I think it's worth it to drop it and just use a charged runebook. If you buy recall scrolls in bulk from player vendors they will be about 25g each, so while it's more expensive than using regs it's worth it to free up the points. I guess it just depends on how much you value magic reflect.

halv

Grandmaster
I dropped Magery and I'm totally happy that I can recall with scrolls. Level 1 spells work level 2 fizzle a lot. Magic reflect scrolls doesn't work anymore.

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk