Which "Version" of UO is UOF?

Black Tortoise

Neophyte
Im sure this is posted somewhere, but I couldnt find it on the main site, in the wiki, or when searching this forum -

Which version of UO is this? I can infer somewhat by seeing that Lumberjacking gives that bonus to Swordsmanship and Wrestling has the more advanced features, so the Ultima Online Forever client version has to be at least a few years after the original UO. Im gonna guess its past T2A obviously.

The naming convention for each "version" of UO has faded from my memory as I fell out of UO with each passing release beyond T2A. Additionally, it looks like UOF has a lot of its own modifications when it comes to the game's mechanics. What I am mainly trying to determine is: Is there a Trammel & Felucca? Or is there one single world all the players are playing in?

While Im at it, where else can I find information on this "freeshard" for similar questions (Im I am comparing it to other freeshards, lets say)? I feel like every question I have is probably in this forum, but searching vBulletin-like forums is one of the biggest jokes of the 21st century.

TIA :)

Young Star

Grandmaster
Pretty much a pre-UO:R era. Meaning what it was before they made the Felucca/Tramnel split. Also before Age of Shadows where they did all the elemental armor ratings, fast cast/lower reg cost/etc jewelery, and item insurance.

Yes there is a lot of custom content on the PvM side. A few tweaks on the PvP side but for the most part they try to stay true to that era PvP. With the development of client assistants like Razor and Steam they have had to change up some things in order to rebalance.

Last edited by a moderator:

lollo

Grandmaster
Pretty much a pre-UO:R era. Meaning what it was before they made the Felucca/Tramnel split. Also before Age of Shadows where they did all the elemental armor ratings, fast cast/lower reg cost/etc jewelery, and item insurance.

Yes there is a lot of custom content on the PvM side. A few tweaks on the PvP side but for the most part they try to stay true to that era PvP. With the development of client assistants like Razor and Steam they have had to change up some things in order to rebalance.

I would call it UO:R without trammel and with a few custom things like meta pets and dragons.

The pvp is def. more in line with UOR than t2a so i think it's incorrect to label this as pre UOR era