Who here gets payed while playing UOF? (playing at work)

RAVE GL

Master
I can't confirm that I do.. getting caught would be not so awesome.
Macro all day
lunch time, door is closed and might get in a timely champ
I have about 4 teleconferences a week for about an hour to two hours each, privacy of my office.. I just turn up the sound on speaker phone, shut and lock my door, and play UO.... usually any questions I get asked on a call I can answer on the spot.
so yea.. I guess I do. Mostly watching mining macros tho and dumping ore... and occasional champs... few deamon hunts... some smithing... occasional thief run through dungeons... yea.. I play.

Depends on the case load.

Slow months with not a lot of settlements taking place I close the door to my office at the firm and I'll log almost 7 hours out of my 8 hour day playing UO.

It's so nice :]

You bill your clients for UO time?

Plaintiff Firm so we don't get paid unless the client gets paid and it's a % regardless of amount settled or time spent on case.

There's a whole lot of inbetween time with my case loads. I mainly handle product litigation and medical malpractice at the firm I work for.

It's very stream lined and once the MDL Panel is formed and Plaintiff Profile Forms/Plantiff Fact Sheets have been filed it's mainly waiting for the Defense Firm to set an amount nationwide settlement a d then the MDL to set pay out grids for clients based on injuries sustained.

So the time between filing forms and the payout is usually a year or two. So a good attorney who doesn't procrastinate with the initial filings and ordering of medical records can have the bulk of his or her work done within the the first few months and then just waits for the defense to produce a settlement amount and the MDL Panel to produce the payment grids/guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Plaintiff Firm so we don't get paid unless the client gets paid and it's a % regardless of amount settled or time spent on case.

There's a whole lot of inbetween time with my case loads. I mainly handle product litigation and medical malpractice at the firm I work for.
Gotcha, so its not actual billable time, just client work.

Gotcha, so its not actual billable time, just client work.

Yeah no billable time at all.

Only defense firms have billable time aka charge by the hour.

Plaintiff Firms only get paid if the client gets paid. And usually it's a 30% - 40% Attorney Fee + all costs associated with settling the case.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah no billable time at all.

Only defense firms have billable time aka charge by the hour.

Plaintiff Firms only get paid if the client gets paid. And usually it's a 30% - 40% Attorney Fee + all costs associated with settling the case.
Learn something new every day..

Rouge

Expert
I work from home so... yeah. I've been gone a while but now that I'm back, I'd say about 10% of my "work day" is spent on forums/in-game and the other 90% is spent....well mostly the same :p I'M NOT AN ADDICT I SWEAR! :p

drinn

Grandmaster
I played AFKing at freeshards at work for resource gathering, but here its forbidden. So cannot.