Why are there no player run tourneys ?

Kith kannen

Master
Just wondering since this is a PVP shard I know he staff run a few but I would think by this point there would be something like a 10k entry fee winner takes all type of thing going on...on the old osi shards they seemed to happen all the time blues vs reds grudge matches etc with self policing that led to basically zero griefing/shenanigans.

Have the "forums wars" made it so this is not possible here?? If so that's a shame.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
inb4 my dick is bigger comments
inb4 this will never happen cause these kids on this server cannot get along
inb4 no fairness everyone has a epeen issue
inb4 there will be greifing and statting here because everyone is a dick
inb4 gore and his crew comment
inb4 power comments

wreckognize

Grandmaster
the battle system

theres so many events/turnys already i guess thats probably part of why there hasn't been many player run gigs

Kith kannen

Master
the battle system

theres so many events/turnys already i guess thats probably part of why there hasn't been many player run gigs
Yes I love the fact that this shard has ctf battle of wind FFA etc it's great but do they have a single elimation type one on one...I'm not all that familiar with everything they do.

I've seen more than a few of those types of tourneys run many moons ago and it was some of the most fun I've had playing/watching a game.

I think I might try one just to see how it goes...poke holes in it if you think it wouldn't work but hear me out.

10k entrance fee winner take all no mounts no holds barred.

I run it from my house on 18x18 roof with fence all white with 2 square border for spectators 1 square for each contestant...throw an exp pot out to start the fight I judge if someone goes early and stop fight if necissary.

Loser gets ressed and loots corpse...If anyone else go for corpse I expect 10+ ebolts/flame strikes to hit them before they open the loot casket/ cut up the body so a red can get his own head and recall out.

You pay at the door/teleporter I friend you up to the roof you go...end of tourney all off the friend list until the next tourney.

I would expect a few idiots to come and try and steal etc but that's what the self policing thing is all about.. if people want it to work it can work..in that situation I would expect players to reveal etc so I can ban the idiots etc.

Whatcha think?

Snickle

Grandmaster
You'd be surprised how many griefers there are. EQ can ruin a duel in a house. 5 reds come in with meteor swarm just for shits n giggles. Thieves galore. Ppl would rather use pits or wait for staff 1v1s

Kith kannen

Master
You'd be surprised how many griefers there are. EQ can ruin a duel in a house. 5 reds come in with meteor swarm just for shits n giggles. Thieves galore. Ppl would rather use pits or wait for staff 1v1s
Being on the roof would stop the drive buys I would think...but I guess something like this could be run from the pits...does everyone have access to them?? And is there a setting to let any template fight?

Some tried but tbh this is by no means a pvp shard. Not tourney style at least.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Snickle

Grandmaster
It would be really cool if you combined the idea. Have staff run the event with a 10k buy in and winner takes all. No gold created out of air. Similar logic to their bounty system as opposed to OSI where the NPC would create the gold.