Why aren't guild sizes limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
It's 2015 and folks just want to play the Sims with multiplayer. Player killers make the world more dramatic in a world full of shitty AI. I am sorry that it isn't "Leave it to Beaver" all the time but we don't have a pk problem.

There are no bolas and on a server where you really can just run away I don't understand the amount of tears over what amounts to easily replaceable shit.

What we should be doing is finding ways to increase player interactions not decrease them

but go on swinging your bats guys maybe someday you will hit the right problem.

EQ/MS has increased the server population, it didn't decrease it, plus we market the shard like no other guild even remotely does.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
EQ/MS has increased the server population, it didn't decrease it, plus we market the shard like no other guild even remotely does.

Pretty much this -- we also are the only PVP guild which gives COMPLETE NEWBS a chance to participate in PVP and be successful at it.

Lazenby

Adept
We are smaller than several other crews including PCH/T^C alliance, TRIN/TBA alliance, etc...
I don't even notice EQMS people...and I was in the guild, and it wasn't half as many people as Synergy...when I tried Synergy half the server was green. Now, the only problem I can see is guilds like TRIN...they are like half the server and all they do is grief on blues...EQMS makes the server better, guilds like TRIN make it worse. I see over and over on forum, in game, in IRC...people complaining about TRIN...yet I only see a small group of elite players in $ or rival guild that hate EQMS and just constantly make posts cause they are bad in game( ie- Robertwhatever and all the guys like that)

EQMS has half the server gunning for them, and they don't get special treatment like some other guilds it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Everyone will come together to fight an invasion yet they won't come together to help solve a long standing issue. Drop the guff. No one owns no one. We all play here because we enjoy something out of it. Help keep that alive.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
I Now, the only problem I can see is guilds like TRIN...they are like half the server and all they do is grief blues...EQMS makes the server better, guilds like TRIN make it worse. I see over and over on forum, in game, in IRC...people complaining about TRIN....

Tell @Skye Wolfbane how in the world TRIN is a problem? How does TRIN grief blues? Show me a red TRIN or show us how in the world TRIN griefs blues? The TrNa possibly as they are pirates. And TRIN is NOT half the server...if you haven't noticed, there are a few guilds larger than TRIN it's just that they are now allied with other guilds.

Speak and come with facts before you talk...btw, who are you anyways? New to the forums that's right...the only blue griefers right now are $ and they are the ones killing pets and such. Kthx.

Lazenby

Adept
Yesterday, me and @K A Z fought them 2 vs.4 and 2 vs. 5 in brit without pets. We "lost the battle" but we killed some of them as well. @K A Z actually lost his connection middle of the 2nd fight so we had to stop. It was pretty fun.

If I play alone and there's 3-4 guys chasing me, it's a zerg. If some solo pk is in Destard and 5 tamers are chasing him, it's a zerg... Right? In my opinion 3 vs. 1 and 9 vs. 3 are about the same.

Anyway, I agree about "zergs are bad" but there isn't an easy way to get rid of them. :( Changing the game mechanics isn't going to help.
Ya, you should have to go around in dungeons and work out the fair amount of people for the gankers/ or the ganked.. Some great ideas here! Why don't we just let you turn off the PVP with a prompt like in Rift? \

OMFG YOU GUYS ACT ALL HARD AND CALL EVERYONE TRAMMELS...FUCKING HYPOCRITES. This whole post is a bunch of crybaby trammel-wannabes.

Lazenby

Adept
Tell @Skye Wolfbane how in the world TRIN is a problem? How does TRIN grief blues? Show me a red TRIN or show us how in the world TRIN griefs blues? The TrNa possibly as they are pirates. And TRIN is NOT half the server...if you haven't noticed, there are a few guilds larger than TRIN it's just that they are now allied with other guilds.

Speak and come with facts before you talk...btw, who are you anyways? New to the forums that's right...the only blue griefers right now are $ and they are the ones killing pets and such. Kthx.

Lol people are so brainwashed here...like people on the forum are playing on a different server...

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Losing high-value items in an idoc is something that would suck yes, but it would also increase the value of the item for the server as a whole. My thoughts on why items 'could' be destroyed in an idoc is that, if a house falls to the ground in real life, the contents often get damaged/ruined.

IDOC's create great Pvping hot-spots, so i'd hate to see them go away, but In my eyes I look at IDOC's as "Free items". and say you find a lone-idoc that you get all to yourself. Why should you be rewarded with millions and millions of gold worth of goods for absolutely free?

Also, in regards to the IDOC's that numerous people attend, all the "winnings" generally just go to the few super-large guilds in the server.
Allowing items to have a chance to be destroyed in an IDOC, still allows that 'chance' at a free super-uber rare, as well as still promotes groups of people to fight it out for the rewards.

edit: I've done a few IDOC's and found them to be pretty fun. I think this idea would be worth trying out, but if the staff tries it out and for some reason it destroys the IDOC community, it would be something that could always go back to it's original state.

Just no...wtf is going on in this thread. is every just trying to 1 up each other with bad ideas?

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
hi - im in eqms and i rarely see more than 5-8 of them on at a single time anymore.

meanwhile, you got $ on 10 meta tamers and 10 reds simultaneously at champ spawns.

you have PCH rolling with over 12 reds in lvl 1 dungeons.

you have POWER raiding champs with 8+ reds with 3x alts each ready to back them up + some tamer alts.

you got TRIN mass zerging skeletons in deceit.

whats the problem here?

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Lol people are so brainwashed here...like people on the forum are playing on a different server...

Personally waiting on examples...I don't know how you can call TRIN a blue griefer guild? I even think that @GluttonySDS might have a chuckle at that...TRIN will gather and try to fight the noobs in purple but to call TRIN a blue griefer guild without any proof? And if there is proof I'm sure that the leaders of TRIN will take a look at it and deal with it accordingly.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It is true TRIN/TBA alliance are like half the server... it was so boring when we were under mercenary contract with TBA as their alliance is so fucking big, it was greens everywhere.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
hi - im in eqms and i rarely see more than 5-8 of them on at a single time anymore.

meanwhile, you got $ on 10 meta tamers and 10 reds simultaneously at champ spawns.

you have POWER raiding champs with 8+ reds with 3x alts each ready to back them up + some tamer alts.

whats the problem here?

100% this. Im sorry we are the dominant force in factions/PKing but we really are nowhere near the largest crew on UOF(just the best).

K A Z

Grandmaster

whats the problem here?

people are trying to implent trammel.. nothing new.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I am not really for limiting guilds. TBH I don't often run into EQMS hogging all the hot spots like RDA's, champs, and bosses. Once in a while they catch us in a champ raid but no more then the other PK guilds. Their numbers usually aren't that massive either when they raid and when they are huge everyone usually knows and they don't really sneak up on anyone.

If there were any limitations for guilds/alliances it should be tied to the total server population of active accounts (accounts with a login within the last ## of days). Make it like 25-30% of the population or something. I think getting to really large numbers has it's own organic disadvantages. You get many more chances of spies and saboteurs. Not to mention clashes in personalities. When you start to get over 10 people running through a dungeon they start to trip over each other as well. They work nice in open field fighting but trying to run someone down in dungeon corridors usually only the first 3-4 ever even get a chance to drop on the target.

Last edited by a moderator:

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Ive already given the solution to blue griefing and harsher PK penalties.

a.) if you kill someones pet, you get a count
b.) if you have 1 or more murder counts(blue or red) then you cannot recall when someone flags you

This will force people to either be completely good/noble OR face consequences for their evil deeds. It will also help anti-PK groups fight and kill PKs as they will now be able to flag PKs and not have them recall right in their face.

@Shane ^^ play a blue tamer for a week/weekend. Hit the hot spots, champs, motm, shame 5, etc. I guarantee you will be pked more by that blue who is salty af you recalled in on his titian spot then a group of pks.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Personally waiting on examples...I don't know how you can call TRIN a blue griefer guild? I even think that @GluttonySDS might have a chuckle at that...TRIN will gather and try to fight the noobs in purple but to call TRIN a blue griefer guild without any proof? And if there is proof I'm sure that the leaders of TRIN will take a look at it and deal with it accordingly.

TRIN are the biggest griefers on UOF. Being statted by a role player is the biggest grief on the server and a huge blow to my UO ego.

K A Z

Grandmaster
@Shane ^^ play a blue tamer for a week/weekend. Hit the hot spots, champs, motm, shame 5, etc. I guarantee you will be pked more by that blue who is salty af you recalled in on his titian spot then a group of pks.

this, so much. I'd bet that $ griefs more newbies off the server than EQMS or POWER ever could, yet they're also the most vocal when it comes to harsher PK penalties (reds being the only ones able to stop their griefing madness).

Status
Not open for further replies.