Why would a Trammel shard of UOF kill the server???

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Please for the love of god can we have just ONE GAME AND AT LEAST ONE SHARD that has a hardcore ruleset. Contrary to popular opinon some people enjoy a challenging game or playing with challenging rules or hardcore options, etc.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I came back once after the split on Atlantic. Fel was so dead is was basically Trammel with double the resources. I placed a house there, farmed, resource gathering, etc... and never once got PKed. LOL!

Defari

Adept
Trammel is garbage and ruined UO. i don't think it's really even up for discussion. If you want Trammel just go play in one of the official servers.

rack and ruin

After about a month (probably less) anyone pining for trammel would be bored out of their mind having maxed out their pets or amassed so many rares and gold that they would start demanding for immediate content upgrades (harder bosses, new items, new dungeons etc). This is what happened on OSI, it just took longer because of the playerbase.

As for pk'ing, it can be mostly avoided with a small amount of prep (pots/recall macros/general awareness) and most people against it just havent gotten a taste of it or are too lazy to learn. Case in point my roommate used to whine about being pk'd until i set up some macros for him and now he does it himself "LOLZ this fun". Also, solo pk'ing is a great soft entry into getting pvp experience for factions etc later on.

tl;dr - this is ultima ONLINE where the main draw is playing with and against other people and anything that separates people more is a bad idea

aIck

Grandmaster
I still haven't finished dis game, shame on me. Also good OST btw.

As a kind person * millenial pussyfart kind person who never played OSI I think UOF is just a perfect mix.

It has the danger. It makes you feel like you're a part of it. It feels kinda real in a way. What you do affects other people. What you do affects the whole life... in Sosaria. Unlike in those other pre-chewed MMO's. No challenge anywhere, no risk anywhere, only grinding. And grinding. And grinding. You can't lose anything in those ones ever.

Everything that's not UO feels like a single-player game really. You don't need help from anyone. You don't need any player interaction. You just go and grind and then you're done with it.

PS. I is drunk atm u all gay lololol

If you do some research, the guys who made UO even said the biggest mistake ever was adding trammel. The thing that made UO so foreverly epic was the fact that there were no other MMORPG's out there to play back then. All players had to play together on the same game (trammies, PK's, roleplayers, forum trolls, etc) and in the same world; that, combined with the felucca setting is what made UO foreverly epic.

Because UOF is so far ahead in the lead, I would not split the community. Keep this going, all together!

Sephid

Master
I agree tram has no place here and i do agree tram was detrimental to UO overall. But everyone keeps saying Tram killed UO. It didnt. Thousands and thousands of folks continued to play. In Fel and Tram. PvP was active for some years after tram as well, just not as many shithead pks lookin for easy kills and quick ego boosts were left.

I played Pacific from UO launch all the way into Stygian Abyss in 2009. For sure population dropped and some servers turned into ghost towns but that was to be expected over the years with so many servers. After Stygian Abyss it did get pretty damn empty tho so i sold my 2 accounts for a hefty sum and moved on to free servers ever since. All non tram servers might i add. And here i am now. That being said....

Tram was the result of toxic, asshole, pks and griefers that took things to far and never tired of spoiling other folks fun CONSTANTLY. Now somehow the vast majority of players, the so called "trammies" and "care bears" got the blame.... Well i am sorry but its pks (Not all pks) that were to blame for the implementation of Tram. The majority of players got fed up about it and became very vocal and well... something was done about it. Trammel

If there is an over abundance of pks, cheating, or griefing idiots you will get lots of complaints all the time and this means rules will eventually be rolled out to try and combat this for protection of shard longevity and the MAJORITY of players. Usually the result being everyone suffers from the changes made in one way or another. All because a minority group of players has nothing better to do than get there kicks by pissing people off so they can feel better about themselves or whatever reason they have..

It might just be an old wizard game but look how many of us are still playing. For some this becomes more than a game and for others they couldn't give two shits. UO to me isn't just a game. I mean shit i have been playing this since i was 16 off and on and i still cant shake it. Its part of my life lol!

I am gonna stop there

TLDR

This shard does not need tram

I didnt like tram either

UO actually did not die after tram

The only reason tram was created is due PK's and griefers taking things to far, not the people that got fed up with it.

(((I do not mean all pk's!!!)) Just the ones that act like a spoiled 12 yr old that thinks he some kind of gangbanger and couldn't give two shits about other players let alone the shard itself. The non stop griefer, res killer, trash talk a naked newb after ganking him type... You know...

We all love this old ass wizard game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I am not saying to eliminate PKers. What I am suggesting is that if you want to play UO in PVP you do it is Feluccia. If you dont want to PVP you do it in Trammell.

So you want to divide the playerbase, thus killing interest in players to play, thus ruining the server. Gee, what does this sound like? OSI. Dumb idea.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
So you want to divide the playerbase, thus killing interest in players to play, thus ruining the server. Gee, what does this sound like? OSI. Dumb idea.

relax man geez, it's just a new player asking a generic question about the game. no reason to be angsty!

Caso

Grandmaster
I have heard the PKer crowd crying that if a Trammel ( non Pker) shard was created for UOF it would ruin the game.
My question is WHY?
Some players do not want to play PvP. So let them play on the Trammel Server. No one is hurt by this.
UNLESS
Pkers know that unless they have non Pkers to hunt they would quickly be out of business.
After all Pkers tend to be harder to fight than non Pkers.
If all the non Pkers left the shard then the Pkers would have to fight one another which would mean a harder fight.
So I submit that the only Pkers who are against a Trammel shard are cowards who only want easy kills
Bro..... Go play OSI... A lot more diverse pvm and multiple trammel facets... We play here for Fel, the thrill of being pked and pking those who annoy us... This is the only sandbox around.

SomeGuy

Adept
hey gadric, we have a "spider cave" dungeon here thats trammel ruleset.. go hunt in there :/

make sure you have cure pots

Slate

Journeyman
UO Peaked in 2003 and declined after that. UO as most of us vets knew it died about a year after trammel came about (2001) when UO3D introduced Ilshenar, but UO itself as a game didn't really start declining until AoS came out in 2003.

This is why if you take a poll of the vets here, i bet most say they quit the original UO around 2000-2001. I know I did.

98-01 for me.

I was on GL back from Launch till 2001.

FS member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.