Will the Real Tom the Immortal please stand Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drustan

Expert
Woah woah woah wait a minute folks.
Let me get this straight.
Racism isn't accepted as a whole on UOF, but it's overlooked when racial slurs are made in regards to ethnic groups within the Americas (or middle east, or Africa, or any economically distraught nation).
Misogyny runs so rampant on this shard that it makes me think that people could actually be okay with referring to their wives as property.
If you're going to take a stance against discrimination, at least be egalitarian about it.
I'm not condoning this, but if Tom doesn't agree with our foreign policy, or the international trade business that occurred in said buildings, he doesn't have to. Capitalism is *not* our culture, it is an economic system.
Unless of course, your culture is made in China and sold in Walmart to an ever-dwindling middle class.
Hope y'all enjoyed your small-pox infested blankets for this fourth!

Why you gotta make such a big deal out of it. How comes whenever someone says in-game "nig.ger" or "euro-trash" or whatever. Nobody takes screenshots and makes a forum thread about it , but when someone says something about USA , all those people get butthurt. I been called euro-trash and other bullshit many times in this game , but it seems fine with everybody , so why me saying fuck usa and mentioning 9/11 is a big deal?..

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoobler

Grandmaster
And with that response I'm officially on the band wagon...ban hammer please. Stupidity should be a bannable offense

hubcap

Grandmaster
it one thing to be poking fun at each other over race, home country, politics, etc.......

its a whole 'nuther story to be praising the death of 3000+ innocent people.

while tom's in-game (and out of game) trolling doesnt bother ME one bit........I can see where that 9/11 comment could twist up some panties.

being that the whole world is uptight and uber-sensitive to the political correct BS, we just have to come to the realization that, in due time, we will not be allowed to say anything to anyone even REMOTELY poking fun at race,color, or creed.

pretty lame, if you ask me, that were headed that direction

all those people that said
political correctness will be the death of the US were right......
(Ask the French how all that political correctness is working out for them)

toughen up people. if you arent bleeding.....it didnt hurt. its a fkn GAME for cryin out loud.
one that has an ignore/silence feature. get over yourselves and stop always focusing on the negative aspects of everything.

MOVE ALONG

Last edited by a moderator:

rubixkubix

Journeyman
erE90NW.png

Looks like a Troll Face to me!

hubcap

Grandmaster
lol

at first Tom, I thought you were an asshole for doing that in game. (Im a PROUD American veteran..USMC. Living in NJ knowing MANY people effected by that act of cowardice.)
but, after seeing all the butthurt that has commenced over an OBVIOUS trolling move on your part.........

I cant wait to see your next move.

I like the part where one person asks if we enjoyed our" small pox infected blankets....".blah blah...like THEIR countries havent killed and/or harmed the previous tenants before they made THEIR great cities and societies.

talk about double standards.

anyways.....Im here to play UO. No run for UN office.

America! FUCK YEAH!

hubcap

Grandmaster
The double standards suck.

the fact that people cant take a JOKE anymore is the real problem.
too quick to cry racism or some other politically correct bullshit.
toughen up.
no one gets hurt in the poking fun of our differences.
in fact, id say it does more to bridge the gaps than always concentrating on the (real) bigots out there.
i can say with all certainty that anger and bullets really arent solving a whole lot, now, is it?

maybe joking and poking fun really IS a solution to racism, huh?

think about that today, folks.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
I don't take offense to shit honestly but to say "praise 9/11" is about as distasteful as it gets. I agree that PC is bullshit but anyone with half a brain and an ounce of conscious knows that is stepping way the fuck over the line.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
There is a fine line between being a dick in game and being a demented loser who isn't worthy to fill my cup at Wendy's. Whoever the coward behind the character Tom is, is a scumbag that UOF certainly won't miss. This is how a person acts after being given a second chance after being banned? Praising the mass death of innocent people being burned alive and jumping to their doom? I mean this from the bottom of my heart. FUCK YOU TOM!!
<3

typical product of the new, liberal, uber-pussified America.

lol

at first Tom, I thought you were an asshole for doing that in game. (Im a PROUD American veteran..USMC. Living in NJ knowing MANY people effected by that act of cowardice.)
but, after seeing all the butthurt that has commenced over an OBVIOUS trolling move on your part.........

I cant wait to see your next move.

America! FUCK YEAH!

the fact that people cant take a JOKE anymore is the real problem.
too quick to cry racism or some other politically correct bullshit.
toughen up.
no one gets hurt in the poking fun of our differences.
in fact, id say it does more to bridge the gaps than always concentrating on the (real) bigots out there.
i can say with all certainty that anger and bullets really arent solving a whole lot, now, is it?

maybe joking and poking fun really IS a solution to racism, huh?

think about that today, folks.

This dude went full political * by calling Tom's act a product of the new, liberal, uber-pussification of America to nawww I get hahaha so funny I get it, I'm cool, I'm hip, I'm a Veteran, I can't wait to see what you do next!

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
So its free speech unless we dont like it? Im on the double standard bandwagon. Where I work we have a thing called 'shop talk'. What that means is I can tell my supervisor to go fuck his hat and as long as im being lighthearted and not in any way aggressive or harrassing with it, its understood that this talk is how fucking men deal with each other usually. No butthurt, no bruised feelings or egos, cos when someone feels something, they immediately express it.
Seems like free speech costs more than $1.05 here on uof, costs you ur acct?
Thats not America... thats not even Jersey!
(Tom is a fucking douche for saying what he said, but Im defending his RIGHT to say it, not WHAT he said ;-) )

So its free speech unless we dont like it? Im on the double standard bandwagon. Where I work we have a thing called 'shop talk'. What that means is I can tell my supervisor to go fuck his hat and as long as im being lighthearted and not in any way aggressive or harrassing with it, its understood that this talk is how fucking men deal with each other usually. No butthurt, no bruised feelings or egos, cos when someone feels something, they immediately express it.
Seems like free speech costs more than $1.05 here on uof, costs you ur acct?
Thats not America... thats not even Jersey!
(Tom is a fucking douche for saying what he said, but Im defending his RIGHT to say it, not WHAT he said ;-) )

I'm on the who honestly gives a fuck bandwagon?

So somebody logged on and said some stupid shit. Are we really that thin skinned that we're going to get all riled up over it?

Better call in the defenders of truth and freedom brigade to handle Tom right away!

10934-cm1093404ff4dd76cd149jpeg-5lOe.jpeg

Liberty

Grandmaster
I'm on the who honestly gives a fuck bandwagon?

So somebody logged on and said some stupid shit. Are we really that thin skinned that we're going to get all riled up over it?

Better call in the defenders of truth and freedom brigade to handle Tom right away!

10934-cm1093404ff4dd76cd149jpeg-5lOe.jpeg

I'm all for freedom of speech but when you follow someone around spamming trash like that on one of the most significant American holidays, you are just asking for attention. I served in the Air Force, so I'm no stranger to American bashing. But this "Praise 9/11" BS is uncalled for. Innocent people died. Good men and women lost their lives trying to support them. All so this moron can make light of it? If this dickless loser were to walk around anywhere in America and say what he typed out loud, his brains would be all over the ground in minutes. Oh well, let it slide I guess, with Tom's track record I'm sure he'll get horny and make 1000000 accounts again and MAYBE be banned for good.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I am sorry to say also, but many times I have seen much worse when regards to insulting someone or someone's religion. This server really needs a clean-up and not just people who are stating things about America. There are many people from all over the world who play here and all I can say is, if ANYONE witnesses racism of any kind, please take a screenshot and place it on these forums, NAME and SHAME GAME begins.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I'm with Liberty on this one! And i have veterans throughout my whole family. No veteran, absolutely NONE would condone what you said. This wasnt some political protest, this was a dishonorable person being a dick! And i also just love how people try to hide behind the... "this is a game"
No no sir, your actions speak VOLUME about who you are! Period! You wont have to be an idiot to not see the difference here of different things said ingame compared to what you said!

If someone were to stand beside or even be in earshot and said the disgusting statement you did, i would promptly stomp a mudehole in thier ass!!

But in all honesty you should have been eradicated looooong time ago!!

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I'm with Liberty on this one! And i have veterans throughout my whole family. No veteran, absolutely NONE would condone what you said. This wasnt some political protest, this was a dishonorable person being a dick! And i also just love how people try to hide behind the... "this is a game"
No no sir, your actions speak VOLUME about who you are! Period! You wont have to be an idiot to not see the difference here of different things said ingame compared to what you said!

If someone were to stand beside or even be in earshot and said the disgusting statement you did, i would promptly stomp a mudehole in thier ass!!

But in all honesty you should have been eradicated looooong time ago!!

So it is fair when other comments such as "I will rip that unborn baby out of your nig*** ass" as acceptable? Or, "You fucking pommy goat fuck**, go use an industrial powered cleaner to remove the shit from your teeth?" Perhaps "Calling everyone Rag heads is something acceptable?

911 and other atrocities across the globe were indeed tragic beyond words, the hatred currently flowing throughout this planet is second to none but you ALSO need to realize that other people from other countries are getting racially abused DAILY on this server. I am not condoning what Tom has said, if anything it is just baiting to get a reaction which has worked, but it has also finally shown that there is indeed a problem on UOForever. It is time to stamp this shit out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.