With a healthy population , maybe we can use dono to activate champ spawns ?

Bobby123

Grandmaster
With a healthy popluation between different timezone groups , sometimes guilds are unable to activate champ spawns due to the 4 hours cooldown which is pretty long imo .

What abt allowing a dono item price at 1-2k so we can bypass the cool down ?

Any comments ?

@eppy @Swayze @Shane @Adam @JennaL @JoeB @halygon

Last edited by a moderator:

lollo

Grandmaster
If this was possible people would be doing barracoon champ back to back all day. I know I would.

If this is gonna happen it'll have to be way more expensive than 1-2k dono

Bobby123

Grandmaster
If this was possible people would be doing barracoon champ back to back all day. I know I would.

If this is gonna happen it'll have to be way more expensive than 1-2k dono

Recently i have seen a bunch of new players ( from Korea and taiwan) wanting to do a despise champ but it was still on cooldown etc .

For vet players , 2 k dono coins isnt much but the whole idea is to promote more players doing champs so it shouldnt be too pricy .

Long story short , Players get to do more champs = GOOD for the server .

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
A nice idea for activity in all time zones. Not sure how you would balance the influx of scrolls and relics into the market.

Are there times when all champs are in cool down?

lollo

Grandmaster
Still looks like a bad idea to me, PS are already worth jack shit except 120 tame and lore, relics prices dropped a lot in the last months.

Coon would literally be active 24/7

girana

Grandmaster
Still looks like a bad idea to me, PS are already worth jack shit except 120 tame and lore, relics prices dropped a lot in the last months.

if coon would be active 24/7 ppl would get raided all the time

Bobby123

Grandmaster

The bad idea would actually be if new players/players logs out because they have nothing to do .

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Champ spawns before the age of meta pets brought out the whole shard. It was an absolute shit show when POWER or other red guilds would try to raid them. Players were genuinely excited to do champs and everyone came to do them. Today events like that only happen when staff creates an invasion or holiday event.

These days the focus of veteran PvM'ers focuses around RDA's. These events are done in a matter of minutes after waiting around for a couple of hours for one to pop up. Almost always its done by a single guild with just a few members. Its a shame that has become the focus of PvM because the insular nature of RDA's defeats the purpose of a sandbox MMO.

Some guilds and newer players will still pop barracoon because its easy to finish. However, most vets leave the champs alone unless they are truly bored because the time/effort required isn't as profitable as the time/effort put into the RDA chase. You can't blame us players for not wanting to do them. Its a lot of time to put into an activity that is almost guaranteed to not be worth it.

So what improvements can be made to make champ spawns desirable again?

1) I'd say increase the rewards and difficulty. Champ spawns were fun back in the day because we didn't have meta pets or talisman. Essentially, every veteran player is playing with unlimited lives and ammo when it comes to PvM. Ideally, you would see other guilds calling allies to help do a champ or you would see players trying to organize in discord.

2) Create a scoreboard system for rewards. I can only speak for myself but personally I find the lottery system for 120 PS's to be discouraging. When someone asks me to do a champ I make a sour face and go "eww". With a scoreboard system you could collect points and then spend them towards a power scroll or relic you desire. That way you don't feel like you wasted an hour 199/200 times you do a champ spawn. Good game design means that players feel rewarded for their time and effort. Some requirements should be in place to prevent abuse - ie) must be alive when champ dies and the champ must die.

3) For fucks sake introduce new relics/ content for non-tamers. Even if its only aesthetic items or titles or something. Just let other player classes have something to grind for because not everyone wants a tamer. Its truly sad that this much time has passed and we're still in the same boat in regards to end game content for non-tamers. Give players a reason to stick around. A few of us have repeatedly suggested ideas.

lollo

Grandmaster
+1 for meta pets/dexers making spawns too easy. We did coon in 14 minutes today. No challenge at all

gpYuzPU9OWcWk.gif
2b353OS
rick-and-morty-gpYuzPU9OWcWk