Young Status & Housing

I understand that Young status has some limitations with player housing but I just want to clarify if Young status locks me out of placing a plot or having ownership to a plot.

I'm still under Young status but there's a cozy plot I want to buy before it's gone.

AssHat

Grandmaster
on your account you need to have more than 600( not sure) skill points spread out over 2-3 characters and then you will lose your young status and be able to place a house.

so what most people do is buy up random skills from NPC's to get to the max skill points and then place

Last edited by a moderator:
on your account you need to have more than 1400( not sure) skill points spread out over 2-3 characters and then you will lose your young status.

I've heard that 60 hours of playtime OR 600 skill points (whichever comes first) will end your young status.

Now you're saying ~1400 skill points will end young status. Which is it?

Also I want to know if this requirement applies to placing the plot yourself or does it restrict me from buying a plot off of someone as well?

AssHat

Grandmaster
young status you need to have gone to place a house or buy a house from another players. and it is 600 skill points

DingDong

Master
Uof faq says

"To place a house you must have a minimum of 1200 skill points Show Real on your account. That means you must have at least 1200 skill points across your entire account show real which requires you to have at least 2 chars on your account. You also must have a minimum of 24 hours IN GAME. We do not make exceptions to this rule all players must meet this requirement."

Martinias

Neophyte
young status you need to have gone to place a house or buy a house from another players. and it is 600 skill points

You can place a house with young status. To place a house you need skill points of 1200 across all characters on your accout, and 24 hours play time.

Young status is removed when you get 600 points on a single character or 60 hours play time on your account.

AssHat

Grandmaster
yeah all these stupid fucknig rules to place a dumb house

great way to get people on the server and to stay....

Malkraven

Grandmaster
its to prevent people abusing young status to place at idoc when they cant be killed..

Shame nothing has been done about other young status abuse like all these losers who roll a new accts over and over to farm in 100% saftey in full Slayer armor + and vanq slayers.

AssHat

Grandmaster
heaven forbid houses are placed for someone or sold to help economy in game, guess its stupid

yeah all these stupid fucknig rules to place a dumb house

great way to get people on the server and to stay....
I really don't mind putting in hard work to own a tiny piece of land, but I find it very difficult to find a concrete, definitive explanation.

Someone once told me 600 points and/or 60 hours playtime is account wide, now I learn that 600 points criteria is actually only character bound.

I've read the login MOTD and the FAQs AND the warning notice when using the house placement tool, but it doesn't explain whether it restricts you from placing a plot or owning a plot (buying from other players, transferring ownership, etc.)

But I'm glad I'm learning more from this thread :)

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I really don't mind putting in hard work to own a tiny piece of land, but I find it very difficult to find a concrete, definitive explanation.

Someone once told me 600 points and/or 60 hours playtime is account wide, now I learn that 600 points criteria is actually only character bound.

I've read the login MOTD and the FAQs AND the warning notice when using the house placement tool, but it doesn't explain whether it restricts you from placing a plot or owning a plot (buying from other players, transferring ownership, etc.)

But I'm glad I'm learning more from this thread :)

Dingdong is correct

Malkraven

Grandmaster
pretty sure its both even thou quote says "Place"

The main problem is the 24 hr in game. You can buy the 1200 skill points on 3 toons at minimal cost/time so just leave ya toon logged in overnight.

SidX

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure you can just say, "I renounce my young player status" and you will be prompted to confirm whether you'd like to drop your [Young] status. So technically you could have 0.0 skills and not be Young anymore.

Other house restrictions would still apply, though.

Martinias

Neophyte
You can get rid of young status by choice, but as you said that doesn't help with placing a house. The house place rules are exactly as quoted above and young doesn't matter. I placed while young. You only need to meet the requirements posted above, 1200 skill points show real and 24 hours play time.