Young Status is easily abusable

Dupster

Apprentice
Its extremely easy to run around and take advantage of MOTM without any risk at all.

I would suggest besides having a time cap but also a monster kill cap also. With MOTM like earth Elementals you can easily 2-3 shot one with less than 400 skill points.

Johntruman

Grandmaster
I was told that also and had my second account stripped of young status killing ettins last month. Also can't wear shadow plate I guess because that's considered end game armor. It was exceptional armor crafted by a friend. Had a respond exceptional mace too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh D

Grandmaster
@Johntruman

You shouldn't have a young account, which is the point of taking away the young players from MOTM areas. I see more youngs in the MOTM areas than anywhere else in the game. It is widely abused. If you are young, have full armor, an appropriate slayer weapon, and killing MOTM.....you don't deserve the protected status.

It is pretty incredible. I just found UOF at the tail end of this September. Now maybe it is because the two MOTM happened to be Ettins and Earth Elementals, but with the help of a friendly and flexible seller, I was already able to use a mix of cash and skill scrolls from MOTM to trade for a small tower. It was actually an issue because although I had the required skill points to own a home, I didn't quite have the 24 total game hours logged. Thats all just playing it normal, just bashing on some safe things to start up a dexxer.

Johntruman

Grandmaster
@Johntruman

You shouldn't have a young account, which is the point of taking away the young players from MOTM areas. I see more youngs in the MOTM areas than anywhere else in the game. It is widely abused. If you are young, have full armor, an appropriate slayer weapon, and killing MOTM.....you don't deserve the protected status.

Actually Josh I had a week of play under my belt at the time. Which amassed to maybe a total of 6 hours of game time. Storm Crow hooked me up with a respond mace and the set of armor. I actually told him that maybe he shouldn't be handing out that kind of equipment because it gets young player statuses removed due to older players who complain about it. It's don't matter what the young player does they complain about them. The first time I was reported because I was mining and a young player shouldn't be mining away from the city where I was at. A red seen me mining and instead of just leaving me alone and going about his business he decided he would try and kill me with para fields and a daemon and when he couldn't do that he complained and said I was abusing the young player status. The second time was for having the set Storm Crow gave me and I wasn't even near a dungeon. I was out killing in open lands and yeah I was killing everything and to raise my skill in mace fighting healing and normal fighter based skills. Someone got all butt hurt because a young shouldn't have the mace I was fighting with. It's a broken system because when you are truly young elder players can't stop whining because they didn't get handouts from friends why should new players now." I told eppy maybe I should just stay in the young dungeon in fear of the next person that might get upset. Maybe they could combat the young status and only let youngs play in young dungeons and if they step foot out of it they lose the status.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
you would be surprised how many times its abused. but i still dont understand why this still cant be stopped. super simple..keep the young in either young dungeons..or only in open land. or better yet..amp up the young dungeon to allow a bigger variety of mobs so they can get a feel of what all the dungeons contain..and keep them there.

Josh D

Grandmaster
Actually Josh I had a week of play under my belt at the time. Which amassed to maybe a total of 6 hours of game time. Storm Crow hooked me up with a respond mace and the set of armor. I actually told him that maybe he shouldn't be handing out that kind of equipment because it gets young player statuses removed due to older players who complain about it. It's don't matter what the young player does they complain about them. The first time I was reported because I was mining and a young player shouldn't be mining away from the city where I was at. A red seen me mining and instead of just leaving me alone and going about his business he decided he would try and kill me with para fields and a daemon and when he couldn't do that he complained and said I was abusing the young player status. The second time was for having the set Storm Crow gave me and I wasn't even near a dungeon. I was out killing in open lands and yeah I was killing everything and to raise my skill in mace fighting healing and normal fighter based skills. Someone got all butt hurt because a young shouldn't have the mace I was fighting with. It's a broken system because when you are truly young elder players can't stop whining because they didn't get handouts from friends why should new players now." I told eppy maybe I should just stay in the young dungeon in fear of the next person that might get upset. Maybe they could combat the young status and only let youngs play in young dungeons and if they step foot out of it they lose the status.

You are the true exception to the rule then, but you appeared to be the problem, and thus were wrongly punished.

@King Dingaling - I couldn't agree more. Young players should be banned from Shame this month, and Tera next month. I do think it is kinda messed up that a lot of people including myself farmed despise and shame levels to get a foot hold in the game. But even with the rare cases of Johntruman (who has as many forum messages as me...so I doubt the noob factor is that strong), this is WIDELY abused. Seriously, go to Tera keep right now, and count the youngs......(zero, absolutely zero) Then check again next month.....there will be plenty

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah i agree with all this, all the staff does. It's super annoying to have to try to figure out who's abusing vpn's and who isn't.
We have had many talks on ways to fix this, it will come for sure.

Johntruman

Grandmaster
I do have a lot of forum posts but not before August ;). I just started like I said. I have had more than my share of luck though at the idoc events I have been at and have made my share of good loots too. A key to success is a lot of forum posts and trade trade trade. Number one reason I am where I am at is due to trading items for other items.

Decoy

Grandmaster
They show up at arch demon too, not just MOTM. Recently there's been 1 Young player with a talisman there and another in full invul+slayer armor with a vanq+slayer weapon (for current MOTM).

Last night there was some sweet vengence. There was a char named ATTK MOTM or something similar. He was just running around circles killing all the motm with slayer katana and an ethy mount. I wanted to kill him so bad because of what he was typing in chat. Stuff like I have millions do u need this gold poor guy. Eventually he got brought up on discord and one of the GMs removed his young status and a group of PKs came in and destroyed him a few seconds later. It was rather nice.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
@Josh D complaining about young player abuse. That's the pot calling the kettle black. Pretty sure you abused young players for over a year before you even joined money. You would farm dungeons on a young all the time and also ghost dungeon intrances. Not to mention your yew bank roof vendor was always stocked with young player ticket reward items such as hair restyle deeds. Just because you bent the knee to eqms and maybe you don't play Youngs anymore you still have no room to talk about abusing young players.

Just my OP.
Deny all you want but this is the truth.
All in all there shouldn't be Youngs doing motm but at the same time killing earth eles, ettins, etc (weak mobs) and getting a relic already sounds stupid enough as it is. Also just a OP

Josh D

Grandmaster
I joined UOF after Christmas 2014 and joined $ in March of 2015, and by June 2015 I had accumulated more than you. I didn't even make a 3rd account until I joined $. But as you stated you aren't here to do anything but spew your anger. I see the little man syndrome rage is still going on with you, just hang in there big guy, nothing to get upset about.

How's your dog? Walking yet?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Young status is mostly abused by vet players and people know how to change their IP address.

Accounts are tied to IP address and if you know how to switch your IP address (you can even request an IP address) you can have an unlimited number of accounts; meaning unlimited young status.

The only way to stop this is to have young player limits; what gear they can wear, what dungeons they can do (I do like the idea of giving all young status access to the first level of most dungeons), and what they can buy.

This helps reduce the number of accounts, but you'll always have players making young accounts to farm world encounters like Ogre Lords, Lich's of all levels (normal, lords and ancients) deamons, dragons, jungle bandits.... the list goes on.

The most I ever abused young status was to sit on the bard's table as young. Having a wisp rez me after whoever was training liches to the area was handy. :)

The Gandin

Grandmaster
Young status is mostly abused by vet players and people know how to change their IP address.

Accounts are tied to IP address and if you know how to switch your IP address (you can even request an IP address) you can have an unlimited number of accounts; meaning unlimited young status.

The only way to stop this is to have young player limits; what gear they can wear, what dungeons they can do (I do like the idea of giving all young status access to the first level of most dungeons), and what they can buy.

This helps reduce the number of accounts, but you'll always have players making young accounts to farm world encounters like Ogre Lords, Lich's of all levels (normal, lords and ancients) deamons, dragons, jungle bandits.... the list goes on.

The most I ever abused young status was to sit on the bard's table as young. Having a wisp rez me after whoever was training liches to the area was handy. :)

Is there any way you can condense that novel of a signature?