your current bank balance is 0 gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belge

Grandmaster
type balance.. it might be stored in your bank as credit. if you balance says the correct amount. say check XXX , to get it.

tatos

Novice
No, that is the gold that is gone. I was just spending my money at a vendor. I bought 1500 gold worth of stuff just fine. Unless somehow I exactly had 1500 gold on credit, there is no way I exactly had enough gold with no change left over. So somehow the number stored in credit got zeroed, or someone stole the gold right out of my credit or something?

tatos

Novice
And when I mean I was spending it at a vendor.. I was spending it out of credit, I didn't have any gold with me at all. I didn't misplace my gold. I didn't do anything to it. I had it in credit, thinking it was safest there.

tatos

Novice
One thing that I did do recently, was completely empty my bank vault of all items. I was moving stuff into my house, so it can be shared between all my characters more easily. I should have done the same with the gold, but I was planning on customizing my house some more in the near future, so I kept the money as a check in there. Every time I would visit the bank I would put my new gold in the bank box next to the check that was sitting there, then deposit both and draft a new check for the new total, and leave it in my bank box. When I took all my items out, I deposited all my gold and check but didn't draft a new check, thinking I would just do it when I was ready to customize, so I wouldn't have to keep depositing and redrafting checks as I gathered more gold. So the last time I actually checked my bank box, it had no items in it, and all my gold was deposited into credit. Just an hour before I left to run some errands around town, I spent 1500 gold at a vendor, out of credit, so that means there had to have been at least 1500 gold in my bank credit. But, it suggests that I either had exactly 1500, leaving no change, or that somehow my balance got zeroed out while the hour I was away. Maybe having no items in the bank vault nulled out some equation and that broke my account in the background, which forced the server to assign me a new bank account id, with a default 0 gold. I dunno.

tatos

Novice
I don't really care about the result to the turkey event. what happened to my gold? should I continue to play the game and continue to donate money so I can just so I can throw it away by putting it in the bank?

tatos

Novice
Ok, well the admins are insisting that I somehow must have lost it.

Earlier I was so distraught, that I recalled to minoc bank thinking the irrational thought... that just maybe the minoc bank was a different bank, and maybe they had my money there. When I opened my bank box, it was empty, like it should have been. I tried to place a pair of leather gloves into the bank, and it disappeared, and said "I'm still hungry." It kept eating my items as I put them in there. Some sort of sick joke?! No. I soon figured out that I was actually opening the trash can next to the bank, which looks like a metal chest. This makes me question though... was this maybe not the first time I had thought that was a shortcut to open my bank vault?

Now I must carefully consider my actions and their outcomes. I was drafting checks for whatever total running amount of gold I had, so I could be ready to customize my house (which btw is really silly, you should be able to customize with money out of credit). Whenever I had new gold, I would put it into the bank box next to the check. Then I would type 'deposit', and both would be placed into credit. Then I would draft a new check. I specifically remember that the very last time I went to my bank, I did not draft a check. I had drafted enough checks to realize I should just draft my check when I was actually ready to customize my house, so I wouldn't need to keep redrafting it every time I got some more gold. Either way, had I drafted a last check or not, nowhere in this process does my money ever come out of the bank box or credit. I never have to take my money out into my bags and put it back into the bank vault. There was no opportunity for me to have placed my money or check into the trash can because I never had to place it anywhere to begin with.

Then I must consider how it was possible for me to have spent 1500 gold at a player vendor, if I had no gold in my credit. That means I would have had to at least have had 1500 gold in my credit. And, the only way that there was no change left over, is if I had EXACTLY 1500 gold in credit. This would have to be a ridiculous coincidence to be left with exactly 1500 gold. I had way more than 1500 gold. I wasn't rich or anything, it was probably 50-100k.

In my original post I said that it happened on both my accounts, which is incorrect, because my other character actually did just have 0 gold. Because if both were 0, it would be evidence that someone got into my account. Which is also not possible, because I had both accounts logged in, and I was only gone for about an hour, and both characters were still standing there, and I was never disconnected or anything like that. My house was locked, no one else was here, and if someone broke into my house, they would probably do anything besides.. make sure to steal all my ultima online gold. But so the 2nd account having zero gold was normal, and has nothing to do with the 0 gold on my main character.

But, when told repeatedly that it is your fault, I guess brain will start to remember things fuzzy. Maybe I did just open my bank, pull out my check for no reason.. and place it into the trash can. Maybe that was my other character that I spent the 1500 gold on. Maybe I already had 0 gold at that point and just didn't realize. Then I have to think back further... I was buying a marble workshop... I went to minoc because they are cheaper there. Did I give my money to my other character? Did I have to give my change back to my main, requiring him to place it back into the bank, and maybe that is when I placed it into the minoc trash can instead of the bank? I thought I bought the deed on my main though, and just handed my other char the deed. Why would I pass gold back and forth and risk being stolen from when I didn't have to? But this is like the only thing that it could be... that maybe somehow, several days ago, I placed my money into the trashcan. I don't know how else it could have happened.

I also think about the fact that I emptied my bank vault recently of all items. The only thing I had in there was the check for the running total, and occasionally the gold I was depositing next to it. Maybe the system stores the bank as a stack. Maybe when the stack is empty, and has a null pointer, it throws an error which breaks the bank box. The system catches this error and assigns a new pointer. Perhaps the class or struct of the data contains a stack of items and an int for your bank credit, and when a new bank is assigned, both are reset. This is another possible scenario that is just about as likely as the ones I described above.

I guess its nothing to cry about, couldn't have been more than 100k, but I spent donation coin money on this gold. I guess its only 5 dollars worth of gold, but its still rather annoying. I suppose not as annoying as every person I come across telling me... "type check 50,000" or "did you try balance?" like im so dense... that I must be confused about the difference between my bank vault and my bank credit. "its cause you're a noob." I'm really holding back from putting F words into every single sentence here. I'm pretty much going to be cussing at every person I come across from now on. Is that allowed or will I get banned?

tatos

Novice
ok well I have been stuck in queue at 1 for a while now, I think I am being ignored. Oh well. I have to try to not let this ruin my ultima experience. But, don't expect another dollar from me, and make sure you laugh ALL the way to the bank.

Belge

Grandmaster
sounds like you dropped everything in the trash can.. which is NOT the bank, and just deletes items :(

tatos

Novice
sounds like you read the first paragraph and then got overwhelmed with too many words and skipped right to posting... or you are just messing with me?

Belge

Grandmaster
Ok, well the admins are insisting that I somehow must have lost it.

Earlier I was so distraught, that I recalled to minoc bank thinking the irrational thought... that just maybe the minoc bank was a different bank, and maybe they had my money there. When I opened my bank box, it was empty, like it should have been. I tried to place a pair of leather gloves into the bank, and it disappeared, and said "I'm still hungry." It kept eating my items as I put them in there. Some sort of sick joke?! No. I soon figured out that I was actually opening the trash can next to the bank, which looks like a metal chest. This makes me question though... was this maybe not the first time I had thought that was a shortcut to open my bank vault?

Now I must carefully consider my actions and their outcomes. I was drafting checks for whatever total running amount of gold I had, so I could be ready to customize my house (which btw is really silly, you should be able to customize with money out of credit). Whenever I had new gold, I would put it into the bank box next to the check. Then I would type 'deposit', and both would be placed into credit. Then I would draft a new check. I specifically remember that the very last time I went to my bank, I did not draft a check. I had drafted enough checks to realize I should just draft my check when I was actually ready to customize my house, so I wouldn't need to keep redrafting it every time I got some more gold. Either way, had I drafted a last check or not, nowhere in this process does my money ever come out of the bank box or credit. I never have to take my money out into my bags and put it back into the bank vault. There was no opportunity for me to have placed my money or check into the trash can because I never had to place it anywhere to begin with.

Then I must consider how it was possible for me to have spent 1500 gold at a player vendor, if I had no gold in my credit. That means I would have had to at least have had 1500 gold in my credit. And, the only way that there was no change left over, is if I had EXACTLY 1500 gold in credit. This would have to be a ridiculous coincidence to be left with exactly 1500 gold. I had way more than 1500 gold. I wasn't rich or anything, it was probably 50-100k.

In my original post I said that it happened on both my accounts, which is incorrect, because my other character actually did just have 0 gold. Because if both were 0, it would be evidence that someone got into my account. Which is also not possible, because I had both accounts logged in, and I was only gone for about an hour, and both characters were still standing there, and I was never disconnected or anything like that. My house was locked, no one else was here, and if someone broke into my house, they would probably do anything besides.. make sure to steal all my ultima online gold. But so the 2nd account having zero gold was normal, and has nothing to do with the 0 gold on my main character.

But, when told repeatedly that it is your fault, I guess brain will start to remember things fuzzy. Maybe I did just open my bank, pull out my check for no reason.. and place it into the trash can. Maybe that was my other character that I spent the 1500 gold on. Maybe I already had 0 gold at that point and just didn't realize. Then I have to think back further... I was buying a marble workshop... I went to minoc because they are cheaper there. Did I give my money to my other character? Did I have to give my change back to my main, requiring him to place it back into the bank, and maybe that is when I placed it into the minoc trash can instead of the bank? I thought I bought the deed on my main though, and just handed my other char the deed. Why would I pass gold back and forth and risk being stolen from when I didn't have to? But this is like the only thing that it could be... that maybe somehow, several days ago, I placed my money into the trashcan. I don't know how else it could have happened.

I also think about the fact that I emptied my bank vault recently of all items. The only thing I had in there was the check for the running total, and occasionally the gold I was depositing next to it. Maybe the system stores the bank as a stack. Maybe when the stack is empty, and has a null pointer, it throws an error which breaks the bank box. The system catches this error and assigns a new pointer. Perhaps the class or struct of the data contains a stack of items and an int for your bank credit, and when a new bank is assigned, both are reset. This is another possible scenario that is just about as likely as the ones I described above.

I guess its nothing to cry about, couldn't have been more than 100k, but I spent donation coin money on this gold. I guess its only 5 dollars worth of gold, but its still rather annoying. I suppose not as annoying as every person I come across telling me... "type check 50,000" or "did you try balance?" like im so dense... that I must be confused about the difference between my bank vault and my bank credit. "its cause you're a noob." I'm really holding back from putting F words into every single sentence here. I'm pretty much going to be cussing at every person I come across from now on. Is that allowed or will I get banned?

if you think I'm gonna read your novel.. your sadly mistaken. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it seems like you fucked yourself and now you want to take it out on the rest of the world, any way you can. :D
if you cant handle losing 100k then go play wow kid, cuz 100k aint shit

tatos

Novice
Its not that I can't handle losing 100k. I just don't like how the admins basically did nothing, and just assumed nothing was possible, even though it is obvious they just don't have a clue and would rather not deal with it. I'm sure for you its like 5 mins of farming or whatever, for me its probably more like a week, but whatever. Part of the point of the game is to play it, and not pay for it. I was only paying because I don't have all fucking day to play this game, and I wanted to get set up right off the bat. I spent way more than I lost, so I got what I wanted already. The fact that the gold is gone does not bug me nearly as much as how the admins treated me, and how everyone else on this server treated me. PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF. YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT WORTHLESS SCUM.

Odezy

Apprentice
You threw tha shit in tha trash cuz it was a "Short-Cut" to your bank box! OMFG LOL! Thats so Classic! Thank You for tha laugh my friend.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
ohh i get it, its buyers remorse lol. you have to understand from the point of view of the community as a whole. Sure, gms could take pity on your delightfully pleasant ass, but if they just gave checks out to every lowest of the lowbie scum like yourself who acted like a dayum fool on the forums, well, you get the picture

by the way, im sure you are a liar anyways

tatos

Novice
I was only saying this was something I was doing while I was frantically running around trying to figure out what happened. I was only confused because I exactly had an empty bank box, and when you open the trash, its the same metal chest looking container as your bank. Its actually even nicer looking, it has a gold trim, instead of metal. This is NOT what happened to my gold. As I clearly explained, there would have been no reason for me to need to remove my money from the bank box or credit, so there was no need to place anything into anywhere. So there was no possible chance that I had put it into the trash. I repeat, that was only something I did when I was running around, distraught. I have said this already. I was only listing off the ridiculous possible scenarios. When I bank, I am OCD. I not only put the gold into credit, I type balance right after, even though it already tells me the balance when depositing. I would have known that my bank was at 0, or that I had just placed my money into the trash. Which, I say again, I could not have done, because there was no reason fro the money to leave the bank box or credit, and therefor no reason to put the gold into anything, be it trash can or bank box.

Status
Not open for further replies.