You're not safe in your home.

MindScream

Novice
So over the last few weeks I've done many of things to prevent people from killing me while chilling in my house. (mostly to knock down a few murder counts) No big deal, as I never have anything on me and the counts still go down.

I've done the following:

Standing in the center of my house
On the bottom floor, with 4 level home.
No homes beside me (one is mine and the other one dropped a while back)
I have one house behind me, but I've walled the back side of my house so they can't use the Z-Axis bug.
I have no windows
My doors are secured to only Co-Owner
They're not on my friends list/co-owners list. (its the same guys every-time)
Taken screenshots on death (but I missed last night because I have the forms up) Note everyone: UOS doesn't take a snap of the client on death, only what you have up on your screen at the time. So I'd double check your screenshot folder to be sure no personal or unwanted screenshots are in there) ;)

So I have two ways of proceeding:

A) Cry out to the GM's and you guys that I've been super L337 Hazored over and over and someone is using some sort of god mode hacking script cheat of Doom to kill me.

B) Accept that no matter what, you're never safe in your home.

And to be honest, I'm OK with both! My care factor is really zero (ok, 0.01) but I'd like to at least know the following:

A) Should homes be considered never secured/safe to go afk in? (not factoring in friends list)

B) If they are considered secured, is their a bug/ exploit people are using to kill people in their homes?

Just looking for a bit of community feed back, as with many things in my life instead of getting upset with the problem, I like to just try to understand if I'm understanding it wrong and change the way view things.

Thanks all!

Mind Scream

ADDED BONUS: If you can kill my Red (Beaver Bite) in my house right now (South East of Ice Cave) along the hills I'll give you 30k gold if you can A) Kill me and B) PM me on the boards how you did it. First one to do this will get 30k! (Must not be friended to my house/guild/alliance member!) ;)

halygon

Grandmaster
You probably got EQ'd. The only way to be safe at home is to be on the upper floors and hidden.
You cannot die by EQ. Also, EQ hits all levels of a house because in UO, there is no such thing as an actual level. Everything is in layers on a z-axis.

Weirdly enough, most spells require direct Line of Sight (no layers in between), but there are several(damaging spells) that go right through the layers:

• Earthquake (hits 8 tiles out) (Reduces players health by 50% - Does direct damage to pets/mobs)
  • Chain Lightning (hits 2-3 tiles from target) (Direct Damage)
  • Meteor Swarm (hits 2-3 tiles from target) (Direct Damage)
Explosion pots hit within 2-3 tiles also.

If you are standing beside a wall in your house, I can target the ground beside you outside the house with CL, MS, or an exp pot and still hit you.

If you are standing within 7 tiles of the wall (the wall is the 8th tile), then i can hit you with an EQ.

The only house that you cannot be damaged in in an 18x18 - but you cannot be killed in ANY house if it is built correctly.

spudd

Grandmaster
Ian I told you I was potted dead center of your house on the what? 3rd floor? Something is really weird with your house!! Just go to the gh then til it's fixed ALSO, you do burn counts as a ghost.

And to who said to hide, well you can still be hit while hidden only thing is if they know you're there or not to bother BUT with this post out there AND tracking, you're screwed

rexregis

Neophyte
Is this real life? Is this just fantasy?

I'm utterly impressed at the level of realism one can find in UOF these days.

tzardom

Expert
To fix this problem need a house bigger than a 8x8 like a 12x12 etc. Have walls all around and a layer of walls anout 3-4 tiles from thkse all around. . Then stand in the dead center . Eq will be to far , wont see u they cant transparency past that many walls so ms and cl are out , no poison field can get you .

poogoblin

Master
To fix this problem need a house bigger than a 8x8 like a 12x12 etc. Have walls all around and a layer of walls anout 3-4 tiles from thkse all around. . Then stand in the dead center . Eq will be to far , wont see u they cant transparency past that many walls so ms and cl are out , no poison field can get you .

Nah, a simple 7x7 is big enough if your house defenses are correct.

tzardom

Expert
Idk i never had a small house at all ever :p i just know on big houses with that kinda defense no one can get in.

I assume small house is same method

lost

Grandmaster
as I said for those unaware, I found him in his house, as a ghost. He has a porch on the side of his house so you can walk up on his house and cast on his doors, the "enclosed" space on his plot isnt very much.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
I get killed while hiding on my top floor by peepin tom a lot. I guess tracking shows what house im in then a detect hidden pops me out :(