☯ Balance Issues regarding spell mechanics ☯

I would think griefing in this way should def turn you gray so you can get owned like a noob. Not just be able to run around free grief until a red comes to clean you up and you recall out. this is trammel griefing.

Mass dispel being used at champ spawns to dispel EV's is lame, especially cuz the griefmaster doesnt get flagged for doing so. But to summon a daemon so their mass dispel hits that along with the EV's?? Now that is a great fucking idea!!! Thanks for the anti-grief tactic halygon, you rock bro.

Bigwyrm

Adept
So then by this threads own reasoning shouldent the person who is casting the wall or the EVs be flagged also ??? Those are offensive spells and dispell is only defensive..it removes things it dosent create them ..dispell should should never flag you..learn to be better than the person dispeling your evs ..so once again whole argument flawed from concept..just another cry baby wants game changed to suit his not so steller game play..haveing to combate a person trying to dispell your stuff is fun ..and ofcourse you can return the favor anytime..to try to out think them is all part of the fun

GMs have stated that dispel/mass dispelling evil summons will not flag anyone as gray as these are red. OP probably wants to be able to house hide, jump out with EV then house hide again, EV attacks innocent, innocent dispels, innocent now effectively gray.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
First you were for it

I would think griefing in this way should def turn you gray so you can get owned like a noob. Not just be able to run around free grief until a red comes to clean you up and you recall out. this is trammel griefing.

Mass dispel being used at champ spawns to dispel EV's is lame, especially cuz the griefmaster doesnt get flagged for doing so. But to summon a daemon so their mass dispel hits that along with the EV's?? Now that is a great fucking idea!!! Thanks for the anti-grief tactic halygon, you rock bro.

Then you were against it

GMs have stated that dispel/mass dispelling evil summons will not flag anyone as gray as these are red. OP probably wants to be able to house hide, jump out with EV then house hide again, EV attacks innocent, innocent dispels, innocent now effectively gray.

??

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Everything in UO currently has very good reasons for the way they are
Like, everything in RunUO? :D or just UO in general?..........

..for instance when you cast a enery feild that blocks any and all things from going into a certin area that is a huge advantage in the feild sooooo..as to balance this UO put in dispel feild at a lower spell feild and mana pool / cast time to combate such a powerful circle spell..so now that we all have had our daily lesson on UO balance you can go back to your regularly scheduled programs....and to come in here and think your logic makes any sence on why change the way dispel feild or mass dispel is laughable

1) Dispel Feild.

chance of failing to dispel a gate, specifically

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Sofar I only see two 24/7 members taking shots on my suggestion thread. As far as I know there could always be a few more (lol) Not bad though, less than usual.

TBH i mean't that the dispeller should turn neutral grey, to the player who owned the summon. NOT criminal. I should have specified. (no murder count)

However, gate's cant pvp like summons can. I'm not suggesting that gates should flag the dispeller non-criminal grey at all. No flag is needed. Just add the coin toss into it, it's still favorable to the dispeller at 50% chance since it takes less than half mana. It just makes things more balanced, and adds diversity.