120 Provo?

Xigam

Journeyman
Can anyone weigh in on how 'worth it' taking Provo past 100 is? What types of things can I do with 105/110/115/120 provo that I can't do with 100?

Thanks

i have 2 provoke
1st 115
2nd 100

100 has chance to fail with provo dragons, but not very usual
115 i provo to AW or balron, never failed since now

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
i still fail occasionally against abnormal dreads at 110. Sounds like 115 is worth the cash just to get rid of the headache

Xigam

Journeyman
i still fail occasionally against abnormal dreads at 110. Sounds like 115 is worth the cash just to get rid of the headache

Karl,

I don't meet too many other people hunting abnormal dread spiders.. (I in fact only know of one place they spawn, and it's on the surface).. Anyway.. At 110 I don't think I've ever failed on abnormal dreads.. but that is using a GM instrument.

I do have a question though, have you ever got more gold off of an abnormal paragon spider than a non-paragon abnormal spider? They seem to give the same amount of gold as the hign-end non-paragon abnormal paragon spiders.. And they super hard to kill.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Yep I hunt the same spot probably (where 3 spawn), but only when dungeons are full or im just screwing around for a few mins. Problem may be that I'm using a silver instrument.

I THINK I killed a paragon abnormal once, but it took soo freaking long that I wouldn't bother with it again. Can't recall the loot but I would think it would be higher than normal. Paragons are only worth it if you get a chest, or if you use them to farm other mobs.

Xigam

Journeyman
Yep I hunt the same spot probably (where 3 spawn), but only when dungeons are full or im just screwing around for a few mins. Problem may be that I'm using a silver instrument.

I THINK I killed a paragon abnormal once, but it took soo freaking long that I wouldn't bother with it again. Can't recall the loot but I would think it would be higher than normal. Paragons are only worth it if you get a chest, or if you use them to farm other mobs.

I think using a GM instrument is about equal to adding +5 provo. I have 110 provo and a GM instrument and don't ever remember failing on an abnormal dread. For the cost of 115 provo vs some GM instruments, I've been going with the GM instruments. The 115 might come in more handy on ancient wyrms..

btw, I have two bards at 110.. saw you in Khaldon this weekend when you lost 7k and got it back with my thunter/provo/stealth bard..

asics

Grandmaster
Karl,

I don't meet too many other people hunting abnormal dread spiders.. (I in fact only know of one place they spawn, and it's on the surface).. Anyway.. At 110 I don't think I've ever failed on abnormal dreads.. but that is using a GM instrument.

I do have a question though, have you ever got more gold off of an abnormal paragon spider than a non-paragon abnormal spider? They seem to give the same amount of gold as the hign-end non-paragon abnormal paragon spiders.. And they super hard to kill.

abnormal are 2 type... like A and B

a drop around 600 ,b drop around 1300... same mob..but really its like this

I don't meet too many other people hunting abnormal dread spiders.. (I in fact only know of one place they spawn, and it's on the surface)

They spawn in Terathan Keep, too. I've seen them in the large spider pit west/northwest of the original entrance.

Xigam

Journeyman
abnormal are 2 type... like A and B

a drop around 600 ,b drop around 1300... same mob..but really its like this

Yeah, I noticed this too.. I like the 1200-1300 ones best.. ;-)

However, I've killed 3-4 paragon abnormals and they have always had 1200-1300 gp also.. was hoping for more since they were so hard.