$50 mount is stealable?!

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
It's always been that way, putting checks or deeds into another bag would be stolen if someone simply stole the bag.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I remember when I did that on the OSI shards when they first introduced checks, I put it in a bag within my bag but my brother said "Don't ever put blessed items into other bags because they can be stolen, or looted if you die."

This was back in pre AoS.

Lexington

Grandmaster
It's always been that way, putting checks or deeds into another bag would be stolen if someone simply stole the bag.

This is the beauty of UO in my opinion.

This ^^

UO is a game where you can win or lose at the drop of a hat. It chews you up and spits you out to just make you stronger like russian.

Don't be the guy that quits cause he's a bad loser.

These are all %100 true. Sad thing is... back when this game mechanic was introduced the developers weren't selling items for RL$. So you only lost items you were able to acquire in game.

you should probably read up on all of the "known scams". if you didn't know about this, you probably don't know about those..

Here's how it works: old video games have quirks like this that heavily punish ignorance, and they rarely get changed thanks to an irrational combination of nostalgia, poor arguments, and/or greed. As another example, I just lost 200k gold because I wasn't aware that classic houses turn into deeds for no apparent reason when they're demolished. Wow, what fun mechanics that totally need to exist!

Last edited by a moderator:
I stole a ring of forgiveness once that someone had in a bag, it's now stuck in my characters inventory, can't be equipped or even moved since it's bound to someone else. It's kinda neat if you ask me..