7th skill

mynameis

Adept
Hey, I was making a provo/tamer/mage and realized it takes 8 skills to be good at all of them so I'm considering what to change:

Option A
Magery/Med/Eval/Resist/Music/Provo and Lore? I figure if I can control the animals and buy them this may be pretty sick..

Option B
Magery/Med//Music/Provo drop Eval/Resist and pick up taming,lore&vet

Option C
Magery/Med/Eval/Resist/Music/Provo and get something else, maybe hiding,healing or archery?

Or some other choice, not sure. What you guys have for me?

jyscal

Neophyte
mage/med/vet/lore/taming/music/peace

pretty sure they drop resist, if you are doing it right you shouldnt be tanking

jyscal

Neophyte
probably depends on your intentions with the character, i was assuming you just wanna farm up gold

Messremb

Grandmaster
any tamer must have the following 4 skills.
Animal taming
aminal lore
Vet
Magery

the last 3 skills are up for change.

for a provo tamer your best bet is
music
provo
med

you can do a mage tamer that has
resist/ wrest
eval
med

or an archer tamer
archery
tactics
med/anat

for a provo tamer thought there is really only one build.
Taming
Lore
Vet
Mage
Med
Music
Provo

Best PVM template there is.

GL

I agree with what's been said. Option B FTW!

Taming, Lore, Vet are mandatory for Tamers
Music, Provo are mandatory for Bards
Magery, Med are mandatory for Mages

You can't really drop any of those 7 skills without gimping the template and its profitability for its intended use.

Obviously, without Eval Int, casting offensively is out of the question, just like without Wrestling, you'll be pretty vulnerable against other players, but both skills aren't worth it if it means you'd have to drop Meditation (or Veterinary?).

That said, if you go with Option C, which is your "non-tamer" option...

Option C
Magery/Med/Eval/Resist/Music/Provo and get something else, maybe hiding,healing or archery?

...I'd get Hiding as your 7th skill, since Healing and Archery, by themselves (without Anatomy for Healing or without Tactics for Archery) aren't worth it, in my humble opinion. On the other hand, Hiding doesn't break Provocation (as opposed to the Invisibility spell) and can really help that template.

I think "Option A" simply won't work...

Option A
Magery/Med/Eval/Resist/Music/Provo and Lore? I figure if I can control the animals and buy them this may be pretty sick..

...while I think Animal Lore is all you need to give orders to a pet you're friended to, I don't think you can actually own a high-end pet without some Taming skill and even if you can, you certainly can't bond them without enough Taming skill (84.5 for Dragons, I think? Anyone confirm?).

Messremb

Grandmaster
I believe bonding levels are.

93.9 for Dragons
95.1 for mare
96.9 for WW
GM for rare white horse

all skill level are real not shown.