9000 donation coins

Lotus

Master
Exactly. You missed my point entirely somehow. If he's brand new, what does he need 1.4 mil for right out of the gate? Could maybe try something crazy like playing the game? Earning his way to it? Learning as he goes. I know. Hard for some to grasp.

No i follow you man. Well that would be the best way to learn but it's not the way it works here on UOF completely. I'm just saying if he''s brand new to UO cut him some slack it's a hundred bucks which takes a lot more effort to earn than pretend money LOL.

It's not yalls call. It was very nice of the gms to do.that.
Id understand if they didn't. But the guy just paid to keep our server up longer. So I'm sympathetic....

That being said I hope he learned to start a trade with something cheap.
I doubt they will be as favorable on the next page
So I sold 9k worth of dono, made a check and it hit the ground instead of the guy I was trading with and was scavenged... Do I not deserve the same treatment as the guy who lost 9k dono coins? I fully agree it was very nice the gms did that but if your going to do that for one, then do it for all.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
So I sold 9k worth of dono, made a check and it hit the ground instead of the guy I was trading with and was scavenged... Do I not deserve the same treatment as the guy who lost 9k dono coins? I fully agree it was very nice the gms did that but if your going to do that for one, then do it for all.
Neither of you deserve to be assisted by the gms... It was an operator error. There was no glitch, or server crash.
In my opinion there was no need for gms to be involved in either case.
I'm sympathetic... If you need some cash ill help you.
But this isn't a gm issue. Now if yall completed the trade and the check or coins vanished its a gm issue.

I was just saying it was very nice.of them to step in....

But more importantly I just don't feel like this is an issue that deserves this amount of controversy.

It was between the buyer seller scavenger and gm who handled the issue.

It was a judgement call and they have every right to use their power on issues like this.

If a gm abuses his or her power then.there is a controversial topic in need of discussion. But this doesn't appear to be the case.

I am sorry you lost your money and I genuinely will help you if you need it.

But im not going to say the gms have to be consistent on every decision.
Nor that they should refund every error.

Lotus

Master
theres things you can know and things you can do
some things are great while others just blew

were the gms wrong? are noobs ever right?
who woulda thought this topic worthy of a fight?

well maybe not a fight but you know this is a bicker
im more against scavenger, even though i think im quicker

Injustice from the gods? for protecting a noob....
whats the alternative.... bend over... no lube?

yall know me a bit, you know how i feel.
That donation coin purchase just wasnt our deal.

if your monday needed drama
I saw a topic far less dicerning
when dragons were spawned on yew gate
with no type of warning

some guy died real quick
while he shopped for wares
and i saw shane blow it off
without any cares

but in this ol boys opinion
thats an actual crime
what a gm chooses to do
shouldnt force us a out of a dime

so if refunds were issued and errors absolved
i hope he got his stuff back too since gms were involved.

I love this server, and that was no dig at shane
but i share my opinions and hope for no disdain.

luv u guys

stay classy uof

Doobey

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I'm glad things worked out for you... if not I would have given you the 9,000 donations coins. No one wants to see a new player get screwed.
Stand up reply, but u know as well as I do there's about 100 people on here that want everyone to get screwed lol

My point is that if you do something for one person you should do it for the other. The favortism on this shard is insane :(. Still the best shard out there, but the favortism is huge.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
My point is that if you do something for one person you should do it for the other. The favortism on this shard is insane :(. Still the best shard out there, but the favortism is huge.
I understand your opinion on this but the game masters aren't corporate employees following the hr departments lead.
They are gamers like us who host a free shard.
Putting such a strict guideline on them would be like telling me I have to buy every new player a house because I chose to buy a specific new player a house.

I'm gunna bow outta this thread as I already gave it far more attention then I intended.

Good news is you can all get great discount vanqs on my vendor.

Boom vendor plug.

Sumyungguy

Journeyman
Noobs shouldnt be able to buy dono coins until 72 hours or more of game time. How can you really appreciate the game if your rich on the first day anyway?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Noobs shouldnt be able to buy dono coins until 72 hours or more of game time. How can you really appreciate the game if your rich on the first day anyway?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

i dont think he was actually a newbie, as in new player, just bad , deicietful , ungrateful , and shady, and ignorant -->(NOOB)

i wont do business with him again. people got a chance to see what kind of person he is , lets end this thread .

buchanan

Neophyte
its not my fault I got offered 500k more dude, move on and quit making such a big deal when you got 30m in the bank. I'll shut you up when you trade with my alt now wont I? you'll do any business I decide to do with you as long as Buchanan isn't above my head. :)

steve-o

Grandmaster
i don't like famara that much but since u said 1.4mil... u had to sell them for that to him... u had to search for the best trade/offer before asking 1.4mil

mostly because he did help u get it back...

911 are all bastards don't trust them :D

steve-o

Grandmaster
in this case we are talking about real money.... that's the difference!
they did the correct thing!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
QQ It's easy to just do the sane thing. It's hard to take the time to assess the differences in each situation and make a call you may have to defend. You never should do something just because you did or didn't do it for someone else. You should look at the situation and decide what's right. That is what a good leader does but you can go whine for your politically correct everyone should have the exact same ideas and I'll go on believing we are individuals and should be treated as such.

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
not selling something to someone isnt a scam, since no 1 party lost something while the 2nd party gained something, if someone refused to sell after an auction it isnt a scam it more of being an dishonorable businessman.