A Call To End Docks Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nola

Novice
People act like a bank thief has a 100% chance of success. I see Thieves getting Guard Whacked constantly. There are plenty of ways to counter a thief. For a shard that prides themselves on having no trammel, we sure do have a lot of people that are crying over some trammie shit.. "I just want to trade all my pretty clothes in a safe area"

So you instantly hide/stealth again.. what's your point?
My point is you are now known to the person who revealed you, and they can even reveal you again if they want. You won't be able to hide again right away this time. Also, the mark can cast invisibility on him or herself, or hide. If they throw stuff in a locked box, like @Karl Sagan advises, you can't access it.

I'm done with this.

Gore

Adept
If you did this the gms would constantly get pms about being scammed. It would also result in some players quiting the server. The only people who are really for this are thieves. Thieves who bring nothing but grief to new players. You guys have to think big picture instead of your own interests.

Dude did you play OSI?

Thieves can:
1.Stealth the moment they hide.
****I'm not really familiar with the stealth mechanics on this server so I can't speak to them. Honestly though, this is only really an issue for you if you are trading at brit bank. Like I said, go somewhere else -- cast reveal, so on and so fourth. I don't see a big problem with it.
2.not need to count steps in stealth
****Again, I don't see a big issue with this (however, I do believe on OSI at the very beginning this is the way it was.
3.use stealing skill hold the curser for 10 seconds, then nearly insta hide (.25 sec dealy)
****This was the way it was on OSI but was later changed because of complainers -- same reason we got Trammel and we all know how that went.
4.Bank stolen goods right after they steal them.
****It was like this on OSI, again, I don't see an issue with it. Learn to combat thieves it's not that hard.
1-3 were not the way it was on OSI. im not sure on number 4, its been to long.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
If you did this the gms would constantly get pms about being scammed. It would also result in some players quiting the server. The only people who are really for this are thieves. Thieves who bring nothing but grief to new players. You guys have to think big picture instead of your own interests.

I'm sure GMs could handle the enormous wave of scamming complaints just like they handle all the current complaints. It's not like its hard to explain: yes you can be stolen from. Protect yourself and your valuables.

Thieves bring way more grief to established players who lose valuable stuff. I give away almost everything I steal - to new players. New players don't have shit to steal - and if they do then they should learn to protect it.

That is really beside the point of the thread. This is not a trammel server so why do we have the docks?

Pking is ok but stealing will make people leave the server? What the fuck ever dude, that's rediculous.

Almost every person who has commented in this thread in support of the change does not play a thief. I don't like the "safe trade" and glow-y item culture and mentality. It's one of the factors that destroyed UO Gamers. I want you to have to work to protect your stuff and police your own trades.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Also LOL at people itt clutching their precious valuables like an old lady who sees a black guy walking down the sidewalk.

Gore

Adept
I'm sure GMs could handle the enormous wave of scamming complaints just like they handle all the current complaints. It's not like its hard to explain: yes you can be stolen from. Protect yourself and your valuables.

Thieves bring way more grief to established players who lose valuable stuff. I give away almost everything I steal - to new players. New players don't have shit to steal - and if they do then they should learn to protect it.

That is really beside the point of the thread. This is not a trammel server so why do we have the docks?

Pking is ok but stealing will make people leave the server? What the fuck ever dude, that's rediculous.

I'd rather have the gms worry about things that actually matter. This isn't an issue that needs fixing. I'm done responding to bad players who keep pulling the tram card, but can't even pvp worth a shit.

Amsterdamaged

Apprentice
I'd rather have the gms worry about things that actually matter. This isn't an issue that needs fixing. I'm done responding to bad players who keep pulling the tram card, but can't even pvp worth a shit.
I know why you love the docks so much gore, you are always standing at the very edge as far away from harm as possible lol.

This wouldn't create any extra work for GMs lol. Pretty easy to just insta ignore and appeal regarding stealing. You, the guy who is crying about people not being able to pvp worth a shit should be more in favor of this than anyone. If anything at all, removal of the safe trading zone would create more pvp.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

Good then fuck off I guess? Your points were bad, deal with it. What relevance does pvp have to this conversation even (zero u less you're trying to find a way to squash an actual discussion because your arguments are dumb.)?

Garet Jax

Grandmaster

I don't play thief much and when I do I nvr steal then, well not via the stealing skill. I am against the docks trading, but gore is right.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster

Smart post, next time I run up to you I will give thee 3 [ slaps for the smart post!

iceman2kx

Novice
Can't wait to browse even more empty vendors.

Let's take away your bonded pets. I think tamers having bonded pets is trammy and ruins the game.
Let's take away flash clothes as well, I think the flashiness ruins the game.
Also beetles, those ruin the game and just give a bad vibe.

See where I am going with this? This is all little stuff that doesn't effect your game play at all, neither does the docks, you just want to think it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.