A little clarification would be nice.

Quatic

Apprentice
How is it that 2 months ago i lost 2 beautifully stat'ed, colored and trained young dragons to a pk who wanted 200k piece for them, and after arguing with the staff for about 20 minutes, and they told me its how it is, and there is nothing they can do about it. Now, two months later i find this at my house when i log in because i had two untamed young dragons and a frenzied at my house upstairs i had tamed and released in my house for my friend if he lost his.

yeety

Journeyman
As I know trapping has been always in the list of rule violation.
There are some threads also in here.
Sorry for your dragons. Mistakes from managements are inevitable, however they really upset the one, who suffered for it.

Xonryz

Apprentice
My guess is that what the PK did (not sure what) was not against the rules but mob trapping is taken very seriously.

Anyway let's say that the GMs did make a bad call back then, it does not give you any right to break rules as you please as a result.

Alcsaar

Neophyte
Uh if thats the case the staff need to pull their shit together and decide whats right and wrong, and then compensate people that got screwed.

Trapping spawn to train a skill or for whatever other reason is illegal, while trapping tamed pets to wait until they go wild so one can "steal" them from a Tamer, is legal, as far as I know.

I'm not sure where they draw the line (in your specific case, for example, where it's a "mix" of both), nor how they decided where the line should be drawn, but that's how it works here, if I understood it right.

Quatic

Apprentice
To clarify, i argued with an admin for about 10 minutes that my pets were trapped and he said it was allowed for pks to have a way to make money too. I then argued the pk wants CRAZY amounts of money for not worthy pets and seeing as i was unable to pay, i would be completely incompacitated on my tamer until they went wild, which griefed me out of my ability to play. He offered to release them for me.