A special Hell for reds

Kanou

Neophyte
Rather than stat loss, would it be possible to set up a UO Hell for reds to get sent to?

When a red dies and gets cut, their head can be turned in like normal, but rather than getting statted, the red gets teleported to hell upon their next death. Hell could be a non-stop version of CTF or something. Points awarded would contribute towards reducing the amount of time the player has to spend in hell.

This does two things:
-It still serves the same basic purpose of stat loss; removing that red from the field.
-It lets the player still, y'know, play the game the way they want to. They're removed from the general populace, but they're still able to PvP if they want.

Bloo

Adept
In that ctf match, they have no spells, no weapons....nothing but explo pots and alchemy set to 0

jkg8787

Master
Another one for "solving a problem that doesn't exist".

Not against changes and encourage people to invent and share them. But I just don't see it. I personally probably wouldn't spend much time on that and would just take the offline timer. CTF/Events cant be fun but I don't really remember the last time I finished a CTF and wanted to immediately do it again, let alone do it for what could possibly be hours. It's definitely PvP but not "true" PvP to kind of use a copout.

Kanou

Neophyte
Another one for "solving a problem that doesn't exist".
/QUOTE]

How do you not view making a character completely useless for two days as a problem?

It doesn't necessarily have to be CTF; just some fun Thunderdome-ish activity so people can still do what they wanna do on that character. Kinda like what already goes on out in the bloody fields already.

jkg8787

Master
Because I dont believe the current mechanics in place to punish reds are out of line. Roughly where it should be with Id wager probably many previous options tried or at least thought of and discarded throughout the years.

The character is unplayable for 2 days if they CHOOSE not to pay a ransom price. Thats enough for me. Some choose yes. Most no.

The default is 9 character slots. 1million gold per extra slot. Its not uncommon to have tons of characters playable at any moment. Whats the issue if I cant play one for 2 days? I didnt wanna pay 50 for some lame gank or errant fire breath that 50% me so I can choose not to and do something else on different character.

I find a lot of ideas im not necessarily *against* i just dont get the point and see it as wasted man-hours for the GMs to implement. If they released a ridiculous murderer only CTF that ran non stop 247 for the right to get out of stat loss idc. Id probbaly just choose not to and do something else, i just dont think its something that some GM should be spending time on either way

like its a fun/neat idea though. im not dogging it. im just a grinch really and realistic

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Sounds like a fun idea in a different way....

What if they were sent to 'Hell' in the way you described, but instead of a out of control CTF game it's a more like a lava island 'Lord of the Flies' style; where you have to hunt other players in Hell and killing them reduces their time banished and/or some stat recovery; 'Thou hast slain a demon and earned some redemption for thy deeds'

The isle itself could have 2~3 infernal style towns in close prox. (for supplies in hell.... the prices could be a lil jacked #GoldSink) based on the 3 different evil alignments: Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, and chaotic Evil. Depending on what group/faction you're in could determine your 'base' or players could be simply spread around to keep the teams even.

The max timer in this hypothetical would be the same as it is now with, of course, the chance to lower the timer by slaying other reds in hell. You could even have a chance to earn a special title for reds only: 'Hell Spawn' 'Hell Breaker' 'Lord of the Pits' anything along those lines really.

Regs and basic armors could be bought from the infernal shop keeps with magical items dropping from 'ta da!' the demons that infest the place.

As for how they get to hell, the blue that turns in their head could get the choice to take the bounty offered by the read, turn in the head for stat-loss, or send them to hell (in this system I could see some reds turning in their own heads just to get to hell haha).

Just throwing out a basic idea.

Rather than stat loss, would it be possible to set up a UO Hell for reds to get sent to?

When a red dies and gets cut, their head can be turned in like normal, but rather than getting statted, the red gets teleported to hell upon their next death. Hell could be a non-stop version of CTF or something. Points awarded would contribute towards reducing the amount of time the player has to spend in hell.

This does two things:
-It still serves the same basic purpose of stat loss; removing that red from the field.
-It lets the player still, y'know, play the game the way they want to. They're removed from the general populace, but they're still able to PvP if they want.
Sounds very much like something that has been implemented on other unnamed shards (and failed).

That happens when people from another unamed shard DDOS attack the budding, new shard into the grave.
Actually per that other unnammed shard's forum, it was due to bad programming/coding - not performance or DDOS issues. Hence failed implementation.

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea is novel, but as a pk, there's no way I would want to waste time with that or some other activity very often. I think this in itself - the misunderstanding of PK thinking - is the main downfall of this idea regardless if it is coded correctly.

Kanou

Neophyte
Don't get me wrong, I think the idea is novel, but as a pk, there's no way I would want to waste time with that or some other activity very often. I think this in itself - the misunderstanding of PK thinking - is the main downfall of this idea regardless if it is coded correctly.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. My red characters got that way just from fighting with whoever, rather than just straight up PKing (if there's a difference to be made?), which is why the idea sounded neat to me.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
We're getting resistance from a red who doesn't like the idea of lowering his 48 penalty time while he gets to continue to PvP.

So.... uhhh.... yea..

If you don't like to fight, why are you a red? If you don't like the idea of lowering your penalty for doing what you like, why are you doing it in the first place?