A TheFallen suggestion: No more stat loss

smile it's me

Grandmaster
why us? It's the logical consequence of permastatloss. That's how PKs worked on statloss OSI: huge zergs with blue healers killing everything. Blues want nostalgia, we can give them nostalgia.

The whole thing turns around that you want to kill blues not to PVP.
So you would do that anyway

K A Z

Grandmaster
The whole thing turns around that you want to kill blues not to PVP.
So you would do that anyway

POWER and EQMS have a bloody rivalry - but we could easily forget all that if there should be perma statloss. Like I said.. people want it to be like OSI? We can bring it on. Real red brotherhood and stuff, you know. Like back then when reds respected each other.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Bring on the perma stat... then you will see what a real PK problem is like.

why? I mean they could perma statloss us then, you know.. it's a game changer. Didn't you know? Back in 99 reds were super honorable, never ganked and certainly didn't have blue healers following them around.

Bobaganoosh

Master
If there is Parma stat loss, it will just increase the size of zerg groups. People won't roll 5-6, they will start running 10-20 so they won't die as easy. Parma will not solve the zerg prob it will make it worse...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

bane

Master
from pub16 onwards (UOF is based on pub15 and 16) alchemy gave a dmg boost on pots, and it is documented that pots were used in the same manner as on UOF on various UO Shards during that era.

Where is your point ? Statloss was also removed some time into UOR, same with bonding and pet control slots that were introduced with UOR.
Statloss was only removed after trammel was introduced (trammel also killed the game for me). Now I am not a fan of permanent statloss in 2015 but reds should have some restrictions. I like @TheFallen 's suggestion here but I am also the weirdo that played IPY1 and IPY2 and loved that you couldn't recall in/out of dungeons (reds and blues but blues had a gate on each level that took them to Brit)

Messremb

Grandmaster
@Shane basically told the community we need to get a balance between pk/griefer and average Joe or harsher penalties will need to be put in place.

First harsher penalties usually lead to larger groups of pk for safety. Any penalty that results in a reason to log out is not ideal IMHO.

With that in mind I recommend removing stat loss but at the cost of travel within dungeons. If you have any counts you can't gate/recall in/out of a dungeon.

This would result in bless fighting Reds at entrances creating more consensual pvp. Pvm chars getting a bonus of knowing where trouble might come from but still will have to be aware and wary of a possible threat. Will make boss/champ raids require more planning and if successfully defended harder to keep throwing chars at. Not stat means the fight keeps going. If your pvm gets killed you can recall your pvp char to the entrance and get a revenge round.

The only other thing I would add if decrease gold weight significantly as to increase the potential haul for a pk who goes to level 5 of a dungeon. If a pvm dies with 50k on them they can only blame themselves and although for a blue the recall out and back would be quick its a guarantee some players will go until they can't hold any more.

I actually thought this to be a little harsh for the Red side of things but in the other thread I mentioned it I got nothing but positive feed back.

Thoughts? @eppy @Adam @halygon @Blair

my issues with this are as follows,

the first few levels of every dungeon are where new players will be found. that means PKs will be running threw the new players first killing them all and having no risk, thats going to make new players want to quit even sooner. geting constantly PKed by people who are risking nothing but a restock.

also i see giant gank squards outside dungeons waiting for reds, blues with counts, or new players to come out and kill them with no risk.

also i see this as being easily exploited
throw all your stuff in a bag gate in an alt, take it out, if you die on the way out you didnt lose anything and have no risk.

and sometimes the only way to deal with a blue griefer is to take a count, with your system you would be harshly punished by taking out griefers, and once you do they know exactly where to meet you to grief you more. this would increase blue griefing and that is a serious issue IMO.

i see what you are trying for but i don't think this gets what you want it to accomplish.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I figured someone would bring up the Reds have to go through the newbie levels and although I can kind of see that. I would say a newbie grief red would go there anyway and a red looking for fat loot bags is going to get to the lower levels as quick as possible. The newbies will also learn where the Reds come from and how to avoid them which is the point.
As to big gank squads at the entrance that is kind of the point. Pvp chars at the entrance waiting for pvp chars so they can fight. By removing recall you can now use a ton more strategy with regards to choke points line of sight and mobs to make very strategic large group fights.
Now exploiting using a blue to get the loot out. This is a concern. I can think of a few deterrents but would get complicated with coding and understanding for player base. I'll think on it some more and get back at ya. Although a potential problem I still think having a red require to run through the dungeon is already punishment enough.

God.RG

Grandmaster
bring on perma stat and watch everyone on this server die over and over and over and over and over again. you think it's bad now..

LAWD JESUS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT COMING, NOOBS.

BEN!

Grandmaster
that change wouldn't really help the people that need help

anyone that knows the game well and is capable of multiclienting is going to leave a character at the dungeon entrances and get out... the noobs will still get pked alot after being scouted on blues

fuck changing anything use things like monster of the month to fix the problem, how often have you really seen reds outside of ettin spots and champ spawns this week? beef them up and that's where everyone will focus and fight each other for better loot while other dungeons are pretty safe for those looking to avoid fights

limlight

Grandmaster
I only have 2 reds. Barely play them. Perma stat loss is the gayz. I dont think pks here should have it. I love OP idea. Frankly its original and i love it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

THEREGOESBILL

Apprentice
Now first thing i have to say is ive never had a PK so my opinion is pure conjecture. But ive never had a problem recalling out from a PK attack, and since PK's are half the reason some of us play this game it doesn't make sense to punish them for doing it, to a certain point. i think the best course of action is to make the bounty board reward system worthwhile. Making it worthwhile for blue's to go hunting reds other than just a bag of regs and potions. or just to grief the red's. Two wrong don't make a right! We just need to come up with a decent system that cannot be overly abused. Now all this being said I don't know much about the Murderer stat loss since i have been gone a while, and have never had a PK. Id rather just steal ur stuff!

Kilike

Grandmaster
I figured someone would bring up the Reds have to go through the newbie levels and although I can kind of see that. I would say a newbie grief red would go there anyway and a red looking for fat loot bags is going to get to the lower levels as quick as possible. The newbies will also learn where the Reds come from and how to avoid them which is the point.
As to big gank squads at the entrance that is kind of the point. Pvp chars at the entrance waiting for pvp chars so they can fight. By removing recall you can now use a ton more strategy with regards to choke points line of sight and mobs to make very strategic large group fights.
Now exploiting using a blue to get the loot out. This is a concern. I can think of a few deterrents but would get complicated with coding and understanding for player base. I'll think on it some more and get back at ya. Although a potential problem I still think having a red require to run through the dungeon is already punishment enough.
Really.... People will learn where the reds are coming from? /sighs no they won't. They don't now.

Your change would actually cause more harm to the server then perma stat loss would. How many times do people have to say they're sick of dungeons you cant recall into?

Any drastic change promotes reds banding together further. Your change doesn't stop that and increases how many stealth pks there will be.

None of these changes will stop zergs. It's been said over and over and over. The blue guilds need to band together and work together,but they cant and wont.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Statloss was only removed after trammel was introduced (trammel also killed the game for me). Now I am not a fan of permanent statloss in 2015 but reds should have some restrictions. I like @TheFallen 's suggestion here but I am also the weirdo that played IPY1 and IPY2 and loved that you couldn't recall in/out of dungeons (reds and blues but blues had a gate on each level that took them to Brit)
Statloss was removed wasaaaaaaaay after tram