About horses and the Etheriul donate ones

Izure

Apprentice
Well this is my first UO server with horses(only played IPY 2)

What is considered the best horse for pvp? and if I get a etheriul are they top notch for pvp? I figure I would donate and get something in return as well to get 1 less thing to buy when I die ;)

I know in MO the breeding system can get somewhat complex but you could breed perfect horses and stuff, is there like perfect mounts in UO? If so how do I know when they are perfect?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
All Ethereals are pretty much the same, no breeding system here. The only difference is that with some Ethy's (horse, llama, ossy), the actual mount counts as your character. Meaning, you can drop someones life bar by dragging on the horse/llama part. With the other Ethy's, the mount isn't clickable and therefore you have to target the actual person. This is a slight advantage in pvp, where it's tougher for someone to drag your healthbar on a ethy wolf as opposed to an ethy horse. Hope that makes sense

halygon

Grandmaster
Who drags bars to target? :)

To answer the OP - All mounts are equivalent (riding wise) on UOF. Whether they are ethereal, real, llama, horse, ostard, etc - there is no difference in the ride.

If you are a tamer, then there are some mounts that you can dismount and they will be able to fight for you (Nightmare, etc), but if you ride them, they still go the same speed and have the same stamina.