AFK Meta-dragon

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
If your not going to listen to a staff member then no one is going to convince you. Your previous post with pics only showed a pet left afk. No player was seen in range on the pics to indicate the pet was gaining xp afk. In that scenario only relics would gain, which at the moment is LEGAL.

Lure the pet away or kill it to slow people down - but I highly doubt staff are going to act on any reports where it cannot be proven that a player is nearby the pet and obviously afk, while it is gaining xp.

a magical man

Grandmaster
this would be a joke since pretty much 80% of the shard afk'd their tamer, exploited, and found a way to gain through the system without having to be at their desk. I just dont even try anymore since no one gets in trouble because it hurts playerbase

Salsa

Grandmaster
Considering I showed with pics that another EQMS member was training a meta-dragon (in this very spot, in the exact same way) and nothing happened I have no reason to believe you.

Just keeping it real.

Holy fuck you're dumb.

Both of your posts are the same scenario by your own fucking admission.

- Pet is alone, so it CAN NOT be gaining XP, user has to be next to it. Only gaining relic XP.
- We know this because in both scenarios YOU say that the person recalls in and grabs the pet later.

Conclusion: 100% LEGAL

snuggy

Expert
Considering I showed with pics that another EQMS member was training a meta-dragon (in this very spot, in the exact same way) and nothing happened I have no reason to believe you.

Just keeping it real.
He was sitting in his house, while his pet sat in the dungeon gaining relic XP (which is legal)

You have to be on screen / closer to pet to gain XP for the meta itself.

If you found him out in the world with what @Bromista said, a hiding script on repeat as the pet kills things while the player is out grocery shopping.. it would be bannable.

Pretty simple concept ..

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Proven fact:

You can give friends movement commands of pets (with the context menu [single click pet to bring up menu]): follow, stop, stay

Question:

Can a pet gain xp if the ghost of the owner is nearby? @eppy @Shane @halygon

Scenario:

The owner is a ghost near the pet while a friend or alt character tells pet to 'stay' near a fast spawning location (like the troll spot I mention). If the pet comes under fire the ghost owner sees this, and uses a friend, or an alt character to tell the pet to 'follow' then they recall with pet in tow. This could be scripted.

This could be what's happening, but I need staff to answer the question which may prove or disprove the scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

exince

Grandmaster
Proven fact:

You can give friends movement commands of pets (with the context menu [single click pet to bring up menu]): follow, stop, stay

Question:

Can a pet gain xp if the ghost of the owner is nearby? @eppy @Shane @halygon

Scenario:

The owner is a ghost near the pet while a friend or alt character tells pet to 'stay' near a fast spawning location (like the troll spot I mention). If the pet comes under fire the ghost owner sees this, and uses a friend, or an alt character to tell the pet to 'follow' then they recall with pet in tow. This could be scripted.

This could be what's happening, but I need staff to answer the question which may prove or disprove the scenario.

short answer:
noone who is not utterly stupid, would macro xp on a troll with a meta dragon which is past lvl 3. the amount of xp you get is so low, that its a waste of time. so you can assume he's macroing relics. there would be many many better spots, where noone goes, where u could get 10x more xp than on that troll.

long answer:
if u wanna make sure, next time:
- get a char with tracking
- if u have none, feel free to macro one up
- find the dragon, use the tracking skill
- if theres someone on track, find the guy.. if he's alive kill him (should be no problem, as he's afk.. if he recalls away, he is obviously not afk, making if legal)
- if he's a ghost, on the same screen and possibly getting "free xp while being afk", report him

- if none of the above applies applys: shut the f*** up ;)

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
short answer:
noone who is not utterly stupid, would macro xp on a troll with a meta dragon which is past lvl 3. the amount of xp you get is so low, that its a waste of time. so you can assume he's macroing relics. there would be many many better spots, where noone goes, where u could get 10x more xp than on that troll.

long answer:
if u wanna make sure, next time:
- get a char with tracking
- if u have none, feel free to macro one up
- find the dragon, use the tracking skill
- if theres someone on track, find the guy.. if he's alive kill him (should be no problem, as he's afk.. if he recalls away, he is obviously not afk, making if legal)
- if he's a ghost, on the same screen and possibly getting "free xp while being afk", report him

- if none of the above applies applys: shut the f*** up ;)

dont u be giving out our spots ^^ ;)

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Friends can give commands - but unless they have enough taming and lore - pet will not listen.

Only follow or stay commands.

Oh how I will I could use my berserker and have my meta guarding me :)

Longbeard

Apprentice
afk meta training
sad-panda-meme-generator-that-makes-me-a-saaaaad-panda-6a8a0b.jpg

Bans for everyone.

tankian

Grandmaster
this would be a joke since pretty much 80% of the shard afk'd their tamer, exploited, and found a way to gain through the system without having to be at their desk. I just dont even try anymore since no one gets in trouble because it hurts playerbase
not as hard to train taming as you think. i deleted my first tamer at 55. then a few months later i decided i make a new one and get through it, i went from 50-87 in under a week. then 87-100 the 2nd week. do it in a dungeon, stick to retames if possible.

Just AFK macro is on ice island with a script. 50-GM in a week or two.

None of the bots that I see getting stuck around my house day after day ever seem to get banned.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Just AFK macro is on ice island with a script. 50-GM in a week or two.

None of the bots that I see getting stuck around my house day after day ever seem to get banned.
While I was training my meta steeds first 2 levels I caught like 5 afk tamers and got them jailed. All you need to do is page in and staff will take care of it.

But the sad news is one guy had been caught 3 times and he was still doing it...

They just do it until they don't get caught.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk