Alchemy question

Suikoden

Expert
How profitable is it to sell full kegs? And can someone break down the cost for me to make them also?
Making kegs can be profitable, but it depends on what your making. To give you an example greater poison costs about 1200g to make. I have been buying them in yew for 2750 to 3200. That is more then double the cost you put into it. you just need to check the regs per pot times it by vendor cost then times by 100. Then check yew vendors to get current pricing and that will be your profit .

Qualtar

Master
I have always ran with a GM alchemist from back to the days of old. Put simply, you can make just as much, if not more money killing low level mobs like Ettins, Ogres, and Trolls. I actually timed it several weeks ago. Took out my dexxer, and just killed these guys outside Brit, around Vesper, and certain dungeons for exactly 1 hour. It was only 17k, and a test to make comparisons like this. The profit margin just isn't high enough to allocate the time in this endeavor. On the flip side, they are great at a vendor house to add appeal to customers, but this is just my opinion. My alchemist basically serves me {as I am a potion whore} and the guild when they need poison.

jorge

Novice
I have always ran with a GM alchemist from back to the days of old. Put simply, you can make just as much, if not more money killing low level mobs like Ettins, Ogres, and Trolls. I actually timed it several weeks ago. Took out my dexxer, and just killed these guys outside Brit, around Vesper, and certain dungeons for exactly 1 hour. It was only 17k, and a test to make comparisons like this. The profit margin just isn't high enough to allocate the time in this endeavor. On the flip side, they are great at a vendor house to add appeal to customers, but this is just my opinion. My alchemist basically serves me {as I am a potion whore} and the guild when they need poison.

He makes a good point about the profit margin being relatively low, but this can be offset by producing large volumes. Filling kegs, unlike killing Ettins, can be done completely AFK with a clever enough macro (note: I have been told buying regs while AFK is considered 'AFK resource gathering' which is not allowed).