Alchy/stun template. I'm confused.

kraut

Neophyte
Hi everybody, i'm playing this shard since a week ago and I'm looking for this kind of template. I've read posts about this but i'm a little confused about something I read.

In a post a guy says this could be a template for alchy/stun mage:
Magery
Eval int
Meditation
Resisting Spells
Wrestling
Anatomy
Alchemy

But I've read on the web FAQ this: "If you have 100.00 anatomy and 100.00 evaluating intelligence it is equal to 100.00 defensive wrestling".

Is that true? Could i have:
magery
evalint *
medit
resist
anatomy *
alchemy
100 free

* evalint + anatomy = wrestling? or just wrestling in order to avoid stop-casts but not include the "stun" ability?

Thanks for your help! And sorry for my ignorance.
Kraut.-

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Wrestling + Anatomy = stun. Eval + Anatomy = defensive wrestling. Defensive Wrestling only helps to prevent from being hit, while true Wrestling prevents from being hit and also has a chance to hit the opponent back as well (good for spell disrupts).

For Alchy/Stun, the first template you listed is the one you need

kraut

Neophyte
I see. Yeah, that 100 skills free on that template sounds like an overpowered one lol.
I'll go with first template then. Thanks a lot!.

kyleakira

Master
¿So eval + anat works as a 100 wrestling to avoid being hit?

If I train 100 wrestling will I have the same chance to avoid those hits? thanks

halygon

Grandmaster
¿So eval + anat works as a 100 wrestling to avoid being hit?

If I train 100 wrestling will I have the same chance to avoid those hits? thanks
GM Eval + GM Anat provides the same defense against melee attacks that GM Wrestling provide.

GM Wrestling in addition provides the ability to actually hit your opponent -- which does not do much damage but can interrupt a spell as said above.

GM Wrestling is also a required skill for stun (Wrestling + Anatomy).

If you are doing a Mage PvP build, always try to put wrestling into the template if possible for the disrupts. If not possible (such as a tank mage), then eval + anat will provide the same defense.