Alternative to PK Stat Loss

bradley-

Grandmaster
After a PK's head is turned in, instead of having the PK go into stat loss for X amount of time (ultimately causing the person to stay logged out for X amount of hours/days) make it so that that PK just can't flag an innocent character for X amount of time. That way, the PK can still play with his/her group of PK buddies but they can only fight offensively if a blue flags them first. You could turn the "stat'd" PK's health bar pink instead of red so that other players know that he/she can't flag first.

This way, after the PK's head gets turned in, the PK can still play effectively and won't just stay logged out for up to, what? 3 days? Depending on how many counts they had?

Win/win ! :)

Edit: Yes, the PK who has had their head turned in would still be able to XHeal other PK's..

I think that this would promote more PvP because currently, when people get stat'd, they log out and don't log back onto their PK until they are out of stat loss. At least this way, blues have the option of flagging the "pink" PK and he would still be able to fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

bradley-

Grandmaster
Decent concept but it still allows them to be healbots.

A lot of PK groups roll around with blue healers cross healing them anyways.. So, the only difference is that you KNOW that the "pink" PK wouldn't be able to do anything offensively until you flagged him/her. A blue healer on the other hand can just say "screw it" and start taking counts..

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Yeah. Don't get me wrong. I like the concept. And agree with it.
What about a bene acts being thrown into it?
The stat'd person can't be healed by others for the duration of the 'stat-loss'?
Unable to be healed by others, although maintaining its ability to play his/her toon seems like semi legit punishment.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
The stat'd person can't be healed by others for the duration of the 'stat-loss'?
Unable to be healed by others, although maintaining its ability to play his/her toon seems like semi legit punishment.
May as well leave it as it is if it's like that. 90% of the reds cant play without 2 blue healers on em.

bradley-

Grandmaster

That could work..

berticus

Grandmaster
I prefer a change that makes a push toward faction PvP, but that seems more complex to entice.
This is a unqie and intriguing idea, me likey.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

K A Z

Grandmaster
reintrodude short and longterm murdercounts. You only get shortterms inside a Dungeon but not in the normal World. Add real Statloss for >5 Shortterms. Have red PVPers. Case closed.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
After a PK's head is turned in, instead of having the PK go into stat loss for X amount of time (ultimately causing the person to stay logged out for X amount of hours/days) make it so that that PK just can't flag an innocent character for X amount of time. That way, the PK can still play with his/her group of PK buddies but they can only fight offensively if a blue flags them first. You could turn the "stat'd" PK's health bar pink instead of red so that other players know that he/she can't flag first.

This way, after the PK's head gets turned in, the PK can still play effectively and won't just stay logged out for up to, what? 3 days? Depending on how many counts they had?

Edit: Yes, the PK who has had their head turned in would still be able to XHeal other PK's..

I think that this would promote more PvP because currently, when people get stat'd, they log out and don't log back onto their PK until they are out of stat loss. At least this way, blues have the option of flagging the "pink" PK and he would still be able to fight.
I have mixxed feelings on stat loss.

Im 100% against stat lossing solo pks.
and im 100% for stat lossing afk griefers reguardless.

Its a punishment though. It was invented to make there be a risk for the pks. I mean they can loadup with 750-2k worth of gear, and prowl for pvmers.
Then when they find a good one they can rake in 10k gold, and 20k in gear.

But if they lose they are out 750-2k..... well stat loss does add actual risk. Forcing the to pay up or sit down.
Essentially its a good idea.

It doesnt work perfectly though. Because pvmers arent the bulk of the head turn ins. other pks/pvpers are griefing each other with it.
And honesty im not really ok with someone having to sit a character for 2 days, just cause he lost his head.

So im just torn on the issue. I guess what i would really like if it was up to me is to delete the stat loss system. And implement a bad ass justice system. Screw titles and wearables.... Give me a shot at obtaining a practical reward for killing pks, and we will hunt them, and the goal wont be escaping pks, it will be lasting long enough for the pk hunters to come by.

You tell me everytime i turn in a pk head i get 1k gold, then when i reach a certain tier of pk head turn ins the reward inflates then im gunna be excited.... and im not gunna want pks sittin out im gunna want them playing full time.
first 10 heads 1k each, next 10 2k each, next 10 3k each, next 9 nothing
when you reach 40 you get 1 peice of blessed exceptional soulbound armor that looks unique. then you get nothing after that till the next week.

Then you make the heads unique, where if you turn in billy bob's head you dont get credit if you turn it in again untill the next week, to curb people from farming thier red friends.

I dunno im just rambling on my lunch break, but id like more practicle rewards, you could even make the armor non repairable so when it breaks it breaks.

Or not even make it armor, make it a blessed bottle with 10 charges that i can load with any kinda potion.

I better stop or this will be a novel.

Doobey

bane

Master

Welcome to uo. If you want to be able kill whoever whenever.. Then there are consequences

Nubby

Apprentice
No.

Let's be honest. The 2 days max temp stat is not enough punishment as we see reds 24/7 mopping up people. Everyone and their mom will soon have 2 / 3 pk chars (if they don't already) so unless they die on all of them within a 48 hour period, it's not a real deterent.

It should probably be pushed to 72 hours, forcing them to either be real pks or play on their blues and actually make noto pking a worth while endeavor financially (incentivized) where people would realistically pay 50k for their heads back; as it stands I've had people message me say "F you, I'll just log on my other pk" and by this point it's probably not a bluff, just the facts with multiple accounts / character slots.

It's turning into a FPS game, but it's still fun...could be better with harsher penalties to separate the people really about that life.

Nubby

Apprentice
@kraut

That's exactly my point. This is a uo free shard. We ALL (okay maybe not everyone but a large majority) have a farmer character, a pvper, and pkers, or just multiple pk characters.

The fact that you can willy nilly pk shows that any hobbyist can get into the game :) since you don't risk anything

Nubby

Apprentice
This change would then cause 2 things to happen.

1) PKs would be more feared and run in larger groups or risk dieing causing others to form large PvM groups - this is an mmorpg afterall
2) Factions / Order / Chaos would be more popular as people would pvp on there vs doing so on their pks (right now if you die it's not a big deal)

Both are good for the game. What isn't good for the game is the solo pk, killing newbies in dungeons, dieing, then logging on his other pk and doing the same thing. Rinse / repeat. If someone laughs when you offer a bounty for their head you know there is a problem, and it's happening frequently, including when it happens to me.