arch demon drop problem

bleek

Neophyte
so in the past i was supposed to get a powerscroll and did not; no one stole it, as it never appeared in my pack and no one was near me when it should have appeared. this has happened to at least one other person i know of and im sure others.. i paged a gm and was told nothing could be done to replace it, which i understand. now today, when arch died, i saw two messages saying i received a relic and a ps but only the ps appeared no relic. not getting a ps is whatever but relic is a bit different.. this happen to a lot of you? anything to be done? i mean ya farm the thing everyday, rarely getting anything, then get jipped when you should get something.

AssHat

Grandmaster
people are missing stuff from banks all the time,on another note its a joke how little they patrol the know script looting/stealing areas. just pathetic really. do what other do, just run macros to steal then soon all that will be at the spawn is theifs lol and no one killing..... becoming more and more of a joke on here

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Most likely stolen - I has a similar experience - got a relic message in my journal but never saw it in my pack. I spoke to GM's as I am well aware of the script needed to pull of such a quick steal - advice was that is cannot be easily proved and will only be punished if it can be proved they were afk.

I have seen pairs working the arch daemon recently - one to reveal and at least one other running around as soon as it drops - script steal can be done almost instantly and it can seem as though they never stopped moving.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I'm a thief. I don't use scripts to steal. I don't think I'd be able to steal like this without a script. I know there have been attempts by staff to try to remedy this.
The only thing I can think of is a general rule. Have powerscrolls and relics be treated like faction sigils.
Gotta run that back on foot stolen or not.
See how that works out for a bit.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I wrote a script to try and replicate what happened to me. I can auto snoop/find/steal anything I set it to look for in less time that I could set an item to last target using traditional methods.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I refuse to keep up with the Jones' so I'll stay traditional. If I were to manage to get something in a traditional method I fully expect to be chased which is part of the risk of the job in the first place.

It will just become a war of who's script went off first. The protective script or the stealing script. This automated playing makes me sad.

omnom

Grandmaster
I have never had anything of worth stolen from me in UO. I just don't get how it happens to people so often, even with scripts of this nature around.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I have never had anything of worth stolen from me in UO. I just don't get how it happens to people so often, even with scripts of this nature around.

The arch daemon spawn is a perfect place for this type of stealing. It is a small room and dexxers are clustered in the daemon with mages and archers not spread out as they need to stay away from traps.

Torin

Adept
I always hide out of the way before archdemon dies and don't let others near me. Just hit a recall macro button right after it dies and you'll be fine unless you were standing right next to a thief when it died

oomf

Grandmaster
I got some !core errors today after doing an rda. It'll say "you already have something in your hand" and then nothing showed up in my bag. I have no idea what happened.

so in the past i was supposed to get a powerscroll and did not; no one stole it, as it never appeared in my pack and no one was near me when it should have appeared. this has happened to at least one other person i know of and im sure others.. i paged a gm and was told nothing could be done to replace it, which i understand. now today, when arch died, i saw two messages saying i received a relic and a ps but only the ps appeared no relic. not getting a ps is whatever but relic is a bit different.. this happen to a lot of you? anything to be done? i mean ya farm the thing everyday, rarely getting anything, then get jipped when you should get something.

Had a bro have a QS gone before he saw it hit his pack. Then a reckt member had a QS on the forums. He had to check the journal to confirm he even got one. Crazy how a script can loot it before the game graphics can register it on your screen as placing it in your bag.

Is this a problem yes. Something going to happen? No or they would have by now.

Just like the other dude in this thread said, arch daemon gets red lined, run far and hide. Though if they have a detect hidden theif in there you might be fucked. Or have a detect hidden pvp toon standing by.

Arch daemon gets close, run off gate in your PCP toon to be right there.

IDK just a few thoughts off the top of my head. Or just never stand still. They can't stealth as fast as you can run.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
I had a similar situation happen with the AD, got the message I received a PS and a relic, was hidden the entire time, NEVER came unhidden. Checked my pack and no relic. Its probably a bug for when both items drop in the pack at the same time. I have had both drop in pack though without issue. So I'm gonna guess it is difficult to reproduce.