Archer Provo Questions

Griz

Journeyman
Currently sitting on an Archer Provo bard for my second main toon.

Provo
Music
Archery
Tactics
Magery
Meditation
Resists

I like being able to cast big heals and EVs but now that the provo is doing all the work, im wondering if i need to work healing and anatomy back in somehow? I like having the fexibility of magery, but the bows dont seem to be doing much once the monsters are fighting each other.

I could easily drop Med for Anatomy... But what about Healing!?

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
when i ran provo archer i had anat healing instead of med and resist. imo, to take advantage of 100 magery and med you need a lot of int, which cancels out archery (for dex).

if u don't have resist already, i would run
archery
tact
anatomy
healing
music
provo
magery/hiding

and if u have 720 cap

60 magery/60 med

my 2 cents

Griz

Journeyman
I do already have Resist trained...

Im currently at
GM
Provo, music, Magery, Archery, Tactics, Resist
50/50 Healing/Anatomy

95/80/50

I tried running no Magery and i just couldnt! There are ao many nice spells in Circle 6!

But, it was also a pain to run without bandages doing “maintenance” healing from little damage here and there. Gm magery is nice for the “oh shit” moments for healing or what have you.

I figure 50 Anatomy atill gives a 10% bonus to arxhery and the 80 dex is a lot better than the 50 i had before.

David

Apprentice
I run
115 Provoke
100 Music
100 Archery
90 Tactics
80 Anat
80 Healing
80 Magery
70 Resist
100/65/60

High survivability, good damage output, team friendly with being able to x-heal with magery ( people and pets in bad spots)

I don't think i'd be willing to drop resist to 70 in your case but thought i's share this.

Griz

Journeyman
Thanks dave. Its so expensive to train Resist i cant see dropping it right now. I think id rather roll a new toon than drop resist lol!

blastro

Novice
My Provo archer currently has hiding and I love it but I think magic resist might be better. I’m basically a pure dexxer archer with healing Anat tact arch music provo hiding, but I think magic resist would help me more then hiding, how much of a difference does it make against monsters? I haven’t dropped Magery completely yet because I still have some training to do but will I be able to recall successfully with scrolls with 0 Magery?

DrSaso

Master
I run the same build blastro. I decided again resist as thought hopefully i shouldn't really be hit by anything (mostly any way) and hiding is more for trying to escape pks.

Can't really answer what difference it would make... but again.... trying not to get hit xD haha i have managed to deter pkers some what by running into the middle of a bunch of mobs (elder/greater/paragon dragons) and managing to get a hid off so they all focus on them and he has no one to kill :p

But you can recall using scrolls at 0 magery. I have never had magery on my toon and never fail a run book use. (Unless location is blocked)