archery miss rate + arms lore vagueness

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
what is up with archery accuracy? I regularly miss 10+ times in a row using +25 accuracy bow, have tali + arms lore, NOT HUNGRY, bow repaired to 100% , etc etc

this happens whether I'm fighting a terathan warrior or a balron, strength of mob does not matter at all

if you've ever tried to kill something with a heavy xbow and missed 14 times in a row... you might just throw your keyboard out a window

can anyone say definitively if ARMS LORE DOES ANYTHING FOR ARCHERY?

after adding/dropping arms lore several times, all I can say is that there's a placebo effect, you THINK you're missing less, but really there's no difference

Gomar

Neophyte
Hello,

I noticed that too!

when we using slayers bows the miss rate decrease(even without +25 ACCURACY, miss rate is lower)

i never heard something about arms lore does something for the miss rate.

in fact, the miss rate in bows is a little bit high.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Arms lore only benefits on mobs with 100 wrestling or better.

Ie; paragon dragons

is there a wiki thing or something that shows mob wrestling skill level? I would think balrons and ancient wyrms and such would have over 100, or arch demon?

either way.. getting rid of arms lore again tonight!

Just another mystery mechanic that im sure some people will argue should be left a mystery to maintain some level of mysteriousness.

In my opinion there are WAY too many mechanics (especially those exclusive to this server) that need some light shed on them (ie. exact details could be posted on the currently pitiful wiki page).

I find this to be one of my main sources of frustration when playing on this server... Especially when the mechanic is template defining or influences a decision that could cost millions of gold.

See exhibit A:
jnaulD0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale Winton

Master
I don't think armslore works with archery dude. Fairly sure I read that it only makes a difference for the melee skills.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Arms lore + weapon skill = min hit chance ~63.

It does not raise your hit chance by a flat amount it l just raises it to ~63 if you are currently below that.

What does this mean?
Mob with wrestling below 80 wrestle are not effected and the increase is more significant the higher the wrestling of the mob.
Archers are treated the exact same way but when you use a +25 weapon for archery it actually increases archery and not tactics. This lessens the effectiveness of arms lore in that you know have to fight mobs with greater than 105 wrestle to pass your min hit chance with 125 weapon skill.

If you are not fighting very high wrestle mobs do not use arms lore unless you really have the room on your template. It is good for training because every hit counts but unlessyou are fighting difficult enough mobs it has zero effect.

Just another mystery mechanic that im sure some people will argue should be left a mystery to maintain some level of mysteriousness.

In my opinion there are WAY too many mechanics (especially those exclusive to this server) that need some light shed on them (ie. exact details could be posted on the currently pitiful wiki page).

I find this to be one of my main sources of frustration when playing on this server... Especially when the mechanic is template defining or influences a decision that could cost millions of gold.

See exhibit A:
jnaulD0.jpg
Why do you think staff should just give you details on every mechanic they put in.. fucking explore shit.. damn. I bet if you spend millions on something stupid, you won't do it again.

Why do you think staff should just give you details on every mechanic they put in.. fucking explore shit.. damn. I bet if you spend millions on something stupid, you won't do it again.
Some things cannot be explored unless you're spending hours doing tests over and over. For example, the topic of this thread...

Really takes away from playing the game you know?

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster

as someone who has added and removed arms lore many times and experimented with many archery weapons and modifiers and fighting strong mobs and weak mobs, etc... I didn't keep track of data in a spreadsheet or anything, but honestly cannot *feel* a difference

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Arms lore only benefits on mobs with 100 wrestling or better.

Ie; paragon dragons

Not sure if I believe this. Picked up Lore when the change was announced and there is a significantly positive change all around when pveing as a dexer.

Some things cannot be explored unless you're spending hours doing tests over and over. For example, the topic of this thread...

Really takes away from playing the game you know?
I disagree, figuring the shit out is part of the game.. I spent over a month one time getting all idoc status times down to the second. Knowledge is power.

as someone who has added and removed arms lore many times and experimented with many archery weapons and modifiers and fighting strong mobs and weak mobs, etc... I didn't keep track of data in a spreadsheet or anything, but honestly cannot *feel* a difference
Fair enough..

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Not sure if I believe this. Picked up Lore when the change was announced and there is a significantly positive change all around when pveing as a dexer.

also this - on my defense tali guy who uses katanas, I think I "feel" arms lore working on any kind of mob, I never miss more than 3 or 4 times no matter what I'm fighting, compared to 10+ misses in a row constantly with archery

halygon

Grandmaster
Spoke with the dev staff, here is the official response:

Arms Lore + Talisman does the following:

• Increases Hit Chance vs ALL Mobs
  • Works with ALL Melee Skills
It has been tested and the numbers do show the above is true and working as expected.

Mamber

Journeyman

It has been tested and the numbers do show the above is true and working as expected.

All mobs with 100 wrestling or greater?

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster

is archery considered a melee skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.