Are Item ID wands gone?

Expendable

Master
Item ID is for see-sawing stats not actually identifying items duh.

On one hand...I'm kidding. Indeed Item ID is pretty effective at identifying items.

On the other hand...you gotta be fucking kidding me if you think I'm gonna keep a char with Item ID and lug shit loot all over Sosaria.

I never thought it was the end of the world. I'm over the situation (gonna buy a dono wand) but I mean really this whole item-ID-as-a-skill suggestion is fucking ridiculous.

UO in 2016: ease of access, modern conveniences. This is the UO we have grown accustomed to.

Item ID each individual piece of weapon/armor at home with an alt LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just fucking LOL, for reals

No comment on wand price per charge. Price too high? Don't buy. EZ PZ

I actually leave my alt parked right at the bank, use item ID macro, sell shitty stuff, keep good stuff. But I do understand where you're coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bromista

Grandmaster
I actually leave my alt parked right at the bank, use item ID macro, sell shitty stuff, keep good stuff. But I do understand where you're coming from.

You pass bags back and forth? Use macros to offload your junk to NPC vendors? I'm sure it could be somewhat automated in this manner.

I just don't think I could have any less than three tamers logged in anymore...it's like a personal block.

Expendable

Master
Haha taming gawd. But that's almost exactly what I do, pass the bag over, sell anything under power+20, or fortification, and sell the shitty stuff to vendor right next to bank and deposit the gold from that in my alt's bank, like a savings fund I can kind of just forget about that gold but it actually adds up pretty quickly.

Johntruman

Grandmaster
Then why complain constantly about having to buy ID wands that cost way too much for you. Don't buy them.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
There's no real need to GM ID, 50 points is fine and even that's kind of overkill. The skill has possibly the lowest cool down of all the actives in the game.

That being said, in before Item ID nerf.

tankian

Grandmaster
I have one character with item identification I use to Id mass mib chest or tmap loot but I'm not gonna carry 10 or more items in my bag and pass off to an alt to Id later, just to heavy and inconvenient. The whole purpose of carrying a wand with you is to Id things so you aren't carrying worthless shit all over weighing you down. I to bought the dono wand and I'm super happy with it, just wish it was a different hue or different graphics so it won't potentially get mixed in a side bag or lost easily

well that's the convenience of a wand.. and people cry about what people charge.. I mean. the dono wand is great don't get me wrong! that's the ideal way to go! But ifr people want regular wands 100 gp is pretty standard... and any wep gets you that 100 gold if you are smart enough to loot them... just because that wep isn't power doesn't mean you lost 100 gold.. it means your charge may have made you 50 extra gold..or 50k extra. those players who cry about that are the ones who either ... a.) need to suck it up. b.) need to go farm there own damn wands and stop bitching about the going rate . or c.) donoate for a wand or buy the dono coins via gold (750k-800k)

Last edited by a moderator:

tankian

Grandmaster
Anyone charging 100gp charge on a I'd wand is just plain greedy. Trying to milk as much gold as they can from the poor or new players that can't afford a blessed dono wand should be hanged lol. He could donate them to the new player hall in West Brit

100 gp is not greedy.. Any magic WEP/armor sells for over 100-1.8k gold to a regular blacksmith vendor... no matter what style... you make your gold back per charge.+ more.. ALL NEWBIES LOOT ALL WEAPONS.... shit... horrible example newbs never rob themselves of the value they paid... only vets who (only loot power vanqs do )