Armor for Archers

thundercles

Just wanted to check in and see if there are any armor penalties to dex or anything else for wearing heavy armor?

What is the best armor for archers?

mynameis

Adept
On UOF plate is the only armor with dex loss I believe. I think dragon scale armor or w/e has a bit. Ring+chainmail combo

Fenix

Journeyman
A no med dexer is best off with a mix of chain tunic/legs and the rest ringmail (light dexer) or finish off with plate for only a few pts of dex loss for heavy archer. Depends on your playstyle and how much you get hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
the absolute best ar for a dexxer that gives 0 dex loss is of course invuln.
Chain tunic
chain leggings
ring sleeves
ring gloves
norse/close helm(basinet/coif and Helmet are 0 dex loss too, but damn they are ugly as hell)
leather gorget/studded leather gorget(no dif in the final ar)

Makes 61 AR -0 Dex loss

For reference that same set made from val ingots and Horned leather gorget(same ar as barbed with the set) will make 49 ar, switch out the gorget with an exceptional dragon gorget and it makes 51 ar. -0 Dex loss

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenix

Journeyman
Many vendors who have a smith will pre-package light/heavy dex sets most between 1-2k going up from there based on colors. Check near the Yew moongate if you need quick restocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messremb

Grandmaster
Surprisingly the Best AR with no dex loss is actually bone AR.

A full invuln Bone Armor set w/ studded gorget will give you 64 AR with no dex loss.

Best part is, Bone helms are my favorite.