Armor question

Young Star

Grandmaster
That description doesn't sound right. Runic hammers should only be used for weapons. The AR of crafted armor does scale with the level of colored ingots. Valorite being the highest. If anything you increase the durability of the armor from a runic hammer but I have never seen runic hammer crafted armor.

Runic sewing kits will craft higher AR for leather and bone armor. The different leathers create different AR values eith a regular sewing kit as well. Barbed leather is the highest.

"Metal types/colors for playermade armor only affects the durability of the armor. It does not increase damage or accuracy. The only exception to this is weapons made with a Runic Hammer, which adds durability and increases AR based upon the color of the Runic Hammer."

https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php/Armor_Modifiers

parsnip

Grandmaster
That description doesn't sound right. Runic hammers should only be used for weapons. The AR of crafted armor does scale with the level of colored ingots. Valorite being the highest. If anything you increase the durability of the armor from a runic hammer but I have never seen runic hammer crafted armor.

Runic sewing kits will craft higher AR for leather and bone armor. The different leathers create different AR values eith a regular sewing kit as well. Barbed leather is the highest.

I stand corrected then! I shall adjust the wiki.

khajja

Master
I think runic hammers increase the AR of armor same as RSKs. I can test with a low level runic at home, but regardless, would not be worth it as youngstar says

Casor

Adept
Different color armor increases the AR of the armor, no runic hammer needed. Runic hammers only work for weapons.

An exception is Dragonscale armor for which color doesn't matter.