Arms Lore

blackbeltjones

Grandmaster
I would like to see Arms Lore provide benefits in crafting and/or fighting.

Crafters with Arms Lore should be able to make weapons with modifiers

Warriors with Arms Lore should get a damage bonus.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I agree, this seems like a no-brainer. I understand wanting to stick to authentic Renaissance UO, but Arms Lore is basically broken and useless out of the gate. You can still use it at 0.0 skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Its arms necessary to disarm?

Yes, but that's hardly the point of it being in the game in the first place. Not to mention its potential for crafting. The old standard is +1% damage/+1 armor per 20 points in the skill, but if even that's too much, can we get something like less materials required to craft or higher percentage of successful craft?

Something not game-changing, but useful for crafters with 200-300 extra skill points and nothing worthwhile to spend them on. It should be something a little extra that only dedicated crafters would bother with.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Yes, but that's hardly the point of it being in the game in the first place. Not to mention it's potential for crafting. The old standard is +1% damage/armor per 20 points in the skill, but if even that's too much, can we get something like less materials required to craft or higher percentage of successful craft?

Something not game-changing, but useful for crafters with 200-300 extra skill points and nothing worthwhile to spend them on. It should be something a little extra that only dedicated crafters would bother with.
Heck, I would drop a skill for arms lore for a bonus like that.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
people have a hard enough time diversifying and playing more than generic templates as it is. Pretty sure adding more diversity at this point would end up making a few players a little too powerful.

PvP -1

crafting +1