WTS Auction: Custom Full Slayer Armor Suit

Lavos

Master
I love the sound of the slayer armor system and am glad it's implemented. However, the economics behind it don't make sense to me at all.

Who would risk wearing 200-300k worth of slayer armor out in dungeons? Can you imagine losing a quarter million in armor if you got ganked by some reds?

If suits of slayer armor got down to about 25-50k a set, that would be more worth the risk. But at this current price point, who's risking it? Well, apparently Limlight is. :)

Risk vs reward I guess. I wouldn't necessarily risk taking a slayer suit solo into shame for example, but I could see the risk being worth it at a champ spawn with guildies nearby, fighting in a secluded area like the Grotto, or random paragon fights. The recent buffs to armor should make these suits pretty awesome in certain situations

Either way, prices will eventually come down as more glowing runes enter circulation and their prices lower. Each suit takes roughly 18-30 runes to craft, so the 200k-300k price range is actually roughly at cost at this point.