Auction

RaZzi

Neophyte
Auction board. One in Brit West Bank and one in Buccaneer's Den (or some other location suitable for reds). I remember having this back in the good old days ten years ago in the shard where I played and it worked really well.
To acces the auction you should be interacting with the auction board.

A world broadcast on an auction specific channel would be made each time new item would be added to the auction. Command [auction could be used to manage options for that channel and to turn off the broadcasts ([auction off/[auction on).

Pros:
- In-game selling and buying of high end items and rares rather than using WTS/WTB section in the forums. Never leave your game to sell/buy items anymore!
- Saves time as you don't have to go to the forums to post what you are selling/buying, keep updated with your thread and arrange meeting with another player to sell/buy that item!
- Access the whole database of possible buyers (=players), not just the ones who use the forums!
- By adjusting the cost to add item to the auction house (auction fee) it would NOT make standard player vendors obsolete and those highly sought after housing plots near moongates and other occasionally travelled areas would NOT lose their value. For example if the auction house would take 5 000 gold as an auction fee for any item listed there would be no runebooks, spellbooks, kegs or vanq/silver/slayer stuff in the auction house.

Cons:

- Possibility to scam people with items that have similiar names?? Not sure if this could be possible and this could be bannable offense.

I will update this post with Pros/Cons should more arise.

Sample pictures of the auction house (NOT MADE BY ME, copied these of the internet):
MyAuctionGump.jpg

seller-bidder-canbid-colors.jpg

BuyerSeller.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: